C Patrick Lewis waived

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/770707163954249728[/tweet]

kf3339

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2tyac6es said:
Nobody was going to trade for him when everyone knew he would be waived.

But when you waive a player, doesn't the player go thru the waiver process before actual free agency? If so, then a team that would be at or near the bottom of that line may have been better off throwing a conditional 6th or 7th round pick to secure him. Especially if they do in fact need a center.

Perhaps I'm wrong about that. No sure.

dogorama

Reaction score
kf3339":33kt8cs3 said:
FlyingGreg":33kt8cs3 said:

But when you waive a player, doesn't the player go thru the waiver process before actual free agency? If so, then a team that would be at or near the bottom of that line may have been better off throwing a conditional 6th or 7th round pick to secure him. Especially if they do in fact need a center.

Depending on how bad you want the player, yes, and that is what the FO was hoping for.

devo2478

Reaction score
John Sullivan was released by the Vikings today. All pro center that might be worth a shot.

Largent80

Reaction score
devo2478":ml599pg7 said:
John Sullivan was released by the Vikings today. All pro center that might be worth a shot.

No, why would we cut a viable center to take on another one. We have Britt, and Hunt. I would like us to get Gresham back as long snapper however.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kf3339":19odqw83 said:
FlyingGreg":19odqw83 said:

You're right. If you want the player bad enough, likely someone else will. Throwing a late round draft pick at the player is the only sure way to secure his rights.