Christine Michael reverting to old habits.

ivotuk

Reaction score
In the backfield, facial expressions when he doesn't like the play, distracted at times, and per Danny O'Neil, on 2 and 4, Michael blocks a DB to the ground then stands there and stares him down while the ball bounces off of his helmet.

Idiotic. That could have cost us the game because we ended up going for it on 4th down.

I agree with Dave Wyman, just when he seems to get his act together, and you start to have faith in him, he breaks your heart again.

I wonder if the guy can make it through a whole game without having a brain fart? Once he starts having more success, such as a 100 plus yard game, is he going to revert to his old habits?

sutz

Reaction score
First I've heard of this. It is concerning. Hope he's not starting to feel complacent and like he's owed something.

StoneCold

Reaction score
ivotuk":1uro5tn4 said:
In the backfield, facial expressions when he doesn't like the play, distracted at times, and per Danny O'Neil, on 2 and 4, Michael blocks a DB to the ground then stands there and stares him down while the ball bounces off of his helmet.

Idiotic. That could have cost us the game because we ended up going for it on 4th down.

I agree with Dave Wyman, just when he seems to get his act together, and you start to have faith in him, he breaks your heart again.

I wonder if the guy can make it through a whole game without having a brain fart? Once he starts having more success, such as a 100 plus yard game, is he going to revert to his old habits?

Just read the article. Would like to see the Michael play in question. If he didn't have a pass catching role in the play then his job was to make sure the guy he was blocking stayed blocked, no?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
CM has rocks for brains but he he's been very good at doing what he's best at - carrying the rock with ferocity. Rawls has both ferocity and decent mental facility, it's about all that separates them.

Watch Choo Choo carry the bigger load come Sunday, it's for sure Thomas time but you could do far worse than CM for your alternate.

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":2hjqfmgh said:
ivotuk":2hjqfmgh said:

Just read the article. Would like to see the Michael play in question. If he didn't have a pass catching role in the play then his job was to make sure the guy he was blocking stayed blocked, no?

Often in a play like that, the RB becomes a checkdown type of receiver. He should always be ready. Some of the best plays in football are made through necessity or last ditch effort.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
hawksfan515":2alvx1da said:
One small incident happens and you guys are already on Michaels case. He's earned the benefit of the doubt. If it happens again, I'll be worried.

Actually the only one small incident that has happened was his playing well during the pre-season.

dogorama

Reaction score
StoneCold":15lwtiw8 said:
ivotuk":15lwtiw8 said:

It's a very good point and w/o more background it's difficult to know. Once you get a rep, particularly w/sportswriters who are jonesing for something to write about, it can be difficult to shake it.

He did run okay for an opening wk that saw very few RB's get off. What was Gurley? Like 2.8 yds per carry? C-Mike was definitely serviceable at 4.4 yds per carry.

StoneCold

Reaction score
kidhawk":49uz8v5y said:
StoneCold":49uz8v5y said:
ivotuk":49uz8v5y said:

Often in a play like that, the RB becomes a checkdown type of receiver. He should always be ready. Some of the best plays in football are made through necessity or last ditch effort.

Agreed, but without knowing what his role was, it's hard to assess his boneheadedness. If he knocks the guy down then turns to become a receiver and the guy gets up and tackles Russ we'd still be going WTF.

kidhawk

Reaction score
StoneCold":1fk1vdb4 said:
Agreed, but without knowing what his role was, it's hard to assess his boneheadedness. If he knocks the guy down then turns to become a receiver and the guy gets up and tackles Russ we'd still be going WTF.

It's the NFL, a guy needs to be able to block and be ready to have the ball thrown his way

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
There's just something so terribly unremarkable about him once the regular season begins.

Rawls is the man and needs to take on the feature role as soon as physically possible. And I still think this team maybe needs that 'feature' X-factor RB to be at it's best. Hopefully Rawls is that guy.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":drjeqiwj said:
There's just something so terribly unremarkable about him once the regular season begins.

Rawls is the man and needs to take on the feature role as soon as physically possible. And I still think this team maybe needs that 'feature' X-factor RB to be at it's best. Hopefully Rawls is that guy.

We should know that by October 2nd.

rastahawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2mkujnox said:

I feel the same way. It looks to me that he leans forward and goes as hard as he can and sometimes even falling on top of himself. I feel like I already know what we have in him and its not that good. Felt the same way about Turbin. Yeah the faster Rawls become the lead back the better. Anyway just a personal observation and I hope I am wrong.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He has clearly improved a great deal but I noticed the facial expressions and body language at the game, however after it was really obvious the play came to him when I thought it wouldn't b/c of his body language i.e disappointment at not getting the call, and he made a nice gain.

This something he can be coached out of and it had better happen as tells can cause problems.

All in all I've been impressed with him and believe he's grown a huge amount and is acting like a pro now. Is he better than Rawls? I don't know for sure but he could be if he keeps growing and learning his position. Simply don't agree with the unremarkable remarks above, but time will tell.

Skansi82

Reaction score
A couple times a game he gets out over his skis and loses his footing, and I don't think Russell is a big fan of the mental mistakes. If/when Rawls, Prosise, and AC are all 100% healthy I could see Michael getting cut again this year. I hope he figures things out quickly.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't go back to the mental mistakes, but if he does it just gives Collins a shot.

My only issue with CMike is that for a guy as big and athletic as he is, he goes down way too easily. He's also so afraid of fumbing the ball that he refuses to stiff arm anyone.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I think it is hilarious that you think a guy that routinely turns a potential 3-4 yard run into 8 is going to get cut.

He complements Rawls well. We need him.

Procise isn't going to fill the void and neither is Collins.

We are actually lucky we have him, because he is likely gone after this year but keep on being upset with him as he churns out 8 yard and 6 yards a carry regularly. You do realize he had a better average than Rawls right?

And again, who would replace him? TJack?

You take the bad with the good.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I've never seen what others see in Michael either. Too often I just see him give up on a shoe string tackle and dive forward for an extra two yards instead of trying to power through it.

That said, we were really spoiled by Lynch.

Seymour

Reaction score
Tough to fix stupid, and with Michael that will always limit him in some way.

Listen to an interview with him sometime, and count how many times he uses the word "man". It's actually is pretty disturbing to hear him attempt to put a sentence together.
Use him while he's minding his P's and Q's, but expect him to eventually revert back to old self IMO.

Latest posts