In all seriousness. Can we talk about Bevell?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
I may mean the title of this thread literally. Are we allowed to talk about Bevell? Are we allowed to hold anyone accountable for this?I don't see or hear anyone in the media talking about who's to blame for an offensive execution that has no business on an NFL field. Meanwhile, Buffalo just put up 31 points and STILL canned their coordinator! What is going on in Seattle? Why is Bevell escaping criticism? And, really, how much longer can this go on?

Pete Carroll inherited a team that had won 9 games in the previous 2 years. He assembled a defense that will be still be talked about fifty years from now, and he delivered Seattle its first Lombardi trophy. But damn, the longer this is allowed to continue, the less faith I find myself having in the guy.

bandiger

Reaction score
Graham or any TE for that matter. Like what the hell man?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Pete won at SC by out personeling the competition. He doesn't seem to put much stock in game planning and strategizing. He wants to just line up and out execute. I think as salaries of kep players have risen we have lost the ability to do that. Our defense is still very good but no longer elite enough to create turnovers and our offense behind what can't even be called a make shift line is woeful expecially while the opposition knows what is coming.

hangumhi

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1ndz99sw said:
I may mean the title of this thread literally. Are we allowed to talk about Bevell? Are we allowed to hold anyone accountable for this?I don't see or hear anyone in the media talking about who's to blame for an offensive execution that has no business on an NFL field. Meanwhile, Buffalo just put up 31 points and STILL canned their coordinator! What is going on in Seattle? Why is Bevell escaping criticism? And, really, how much longer can this go on?

Pete Carroll inherited a team that had won 9 games in the previous 2 years. He assembled a defense that will be still be talked about fifty years from now, and he delivered Seattle its first Lombardi trophy. But damn, the longer this is allowed to continue, the less faith I find myself having in the guy.

Agree 100%. For years I've heard people say he's an amazing OC and I laugh...keep the praise coming so he gets picked up for a coaching job somewhere else. Rodney Harrison (who I can't stand) was spot on with his analysis after the game when he said, the routes are too long developing for a hobbled QB. DUHHHHHHHHH!!!! Welcome to our world Rodney. Bevell is HORRIBLE!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
brimsalabim":32fofjld said:
He doesn't seem to put much stock in game planning and strategizing. He wants to just line up and out execute.

Yep. And that is what's so sad about it. Jeff Fisher has no problem playing us that way, and beating us regularly with whatever crap QB he happens to have that week. Pathetic.

As for our play calling, I can only go by the broadcast and some replays, but it looked like several times on 1st and 2nd down we had receivers not even turning to look for the ball until 15-20 yards downfield. By then there was no way Russ could get it to them. Then on 3rd downs, we threw short of the sticks or ran routes that got no separation, the line let pressure through, and Russ just chucked it away.

Then we have Jimmy blocking in the redzone the couple times we got there. What the heck is going on?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I've talked about him ad nauseam over the past three years. I wish I could talk to PC and JS about him, though.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Also this just means Bevell is closer to getting canned if this keeps up.

RussB

Reaction score
Patriots have a terrible o line and they have jimmy g looking like a hall of famer. We have no excuse, bevell is the one to blame so im going to blame him. If we had the patriots OC we would be better on offense.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
RussB":1bmqt3bu said:
Patriots have a terrible o line and they have jimmy g looking like a hall of famer. We have no excuse, bevell is the one to blame so im going to blame him. If we had the patriots OC we would be better on offense.

And they lost Jimmy G today. Rookie came in and did fine against a defense that gave us fits last week.

RussB

Reaction score
Jimmy garapollo threw 3 TD's against the dolphins with an equally as bad offensive line and would have had more if he didnt get injured. And its not because he is better than russell wilson, its because he doesnt have a clown as an offensive coordinator who cant utilize talent. He even played well against the cardinals the week before, we probably wouldnt have scored a point.

ITS BEVELL HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!!!!!!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
These are really good points. What really bothers me is the lack of adjusting play calls. Lets be honest, some of the plays work but even when Russell had time to throw today it seemed like the Rams knew what we were doing.

DB just seems very stubborn and is constantly trying to make his game plan work, no matter what.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1e0xg64b said:
These are really good points. What really bothers me is the lack of adjusting play calls. Lets be honest, some of the plays work but even when Russell had time to throw today it seemed like the Rams knew what we were doing.

DB just seems very stubborn and is constantly trying to make his game plan work, no matter what.

Exactly. And he never does adjust. Russ just starts calling plays in the hurry up to save it.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Short answer is that it's ridiculous to pin the entire blame on one person. It's missed execution, a woeful ground game, ill-timed penalties and a QB who has all the guts in the world, but becomes a lesser version of himself without that burst of speed we've come to expect. A bunch of you get all bent out of shape after a loss, but that's what separates you from Pete, who knows the game just a bit better.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":r2gbka8b said:
Short answer is that it's ridiculous to pin the entire blame on one person. It's missed execution, a woeful ground game, ill-timed penalties and a QB who has all the guts in the world, but becomes a lesser version of himself without that burst of speed we've come to expect. A bunch of you get all bent out of shape after a loss, but that's what separates you from Pete, who knows the game just a bit better.
Woeful ground game? Michael averaged 6.0 yards a carry that game, and took advantage of an aggressive Rams defense. What does he do when Micheal is in a rhythm, and has just busted off two big runs? He benches him, puts Collins in, and runs the same exact play two times for a loss. He pulls the hot hand in favor of a rookie back that has struggled mightly in preseason. Now tell me, what is the logic of this here? Not only that, we run right into the strength of the Rams defense.

Glad you made the point about Russell Wilson not being himself. Don't you think it would be pertinent to change your offense to suit your Quarterbacks condition? Bevell did not do this. The Seahawks were running routes that took a long time to develop against a team that was blitzing us to high hell. Bevell was also still running the read option, when it was clear that Wilson was not a threat on the ground. Jimmy Graham also spent quite a bit of time as an inline blocker, one of the best pass catching TE's in the league, and a not so good run or pass blocker. Where is the logic in this? Our best drive of the game came when we had him out as a pass catcher, yet we still used him like he was a glorified tackle.

The Seahawks didn't have many thing go their way, but that is a poor excuse for a piss poor game by Darrell Bevell. This game highlighted what many Seahawk fans have been saying for years. He is slow to adapt, and does not take advantage of what the other team is doing.

Lets also talk about Pete, whom obviously was not pleased with both the refs and his team. He was fuming on the sidelines, and yelling. The normally happy go lucky Pete looked more pissed off than he has ever been.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":32epe1zq said:
Siouxhawk":32epe1zq said:
Woeful ground game? Michael averaged 6.0 yards a carry that game, and took advantage of an aggressive Rams defense. What does he do when Micheal is in a rhythm, and has just busted off two big runs? He benches him, puts Collins in, and runs the same exact play two times for a loss. He pulls the hot hand in favor of a rookie back that has struggled mightly in preseason. Now tell me, what is the logic of this here? Not only that, we run right into the strength of the Rams defense.

Glad you made the point about Russell Wilson not being himself. Don't you think it would be pertinent to change your offense to suit your Quarterbacks condition? Bevell did not do this. The Seahawks were running routes that took a long time to develop against a team that was blitzing us to high hell. Bevell was also still running the read option, when it was clear that Wilson was not a threat on the ground. Jimmy Graham also spent quite a bit of time as an inline blocker, one of the best pass catching TE's in the league, and a not so good run or pass blocker. Where is the logic in this? Our best drive of the game came when we had him out as a pass catcher, yet we still used him like he was a glorified tackle.

The Seahawks didn't have many thing go their way, but that is a poor excuse for a piss poor game by Darrell Bevell. This game highlighted what many Seahawk fans have been saying for years. He is slow to adapt, and does not take advantage of what the other team is doing.

Lets also talk about Pete, whom obviously was not pleased with both the refs and his team. He was fuming on the sidelines, and yelling. The normally happy go lucky Pete looked more pissed off than he has ever been.
Pete was upset at the OIP's. We're 1-1 and tied for first place in our division. We've sputtered like this before, made tweaks here and there and went on a big roll. No reason to believe that won't happen again.

skater18000

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2gzgrl12 said:
Siouxhawk":2gzgrl12 said:

this + Bevell has never called good games against the Rams. Our offensive output is rather mundane vs the Rams in the past & I was actually surprised by some of the explosive plays. We had our fair share of oppurtunities today, but we didn't do enough to win. Unfortunately, a week 2 loss brings chaos to the whole city of Seattle, when it's not that big of deal...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1yksghwb said:
Siouxhawk":1yksghwb said:

The two Collins carries were not the same play. Outside zone and then inside zone.

penihawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3j3pbyw1 said:
Pete won at SC by out personeling the competition. He doesn't seem to put much stock in game planning and strategizing. He wants to just line up and out execute. I think as salaries of kep players have risen we have lost the ability to do that. Our defense is still very good but no longer elite enough to create turnovers and our offense behind what can't even be called a make shift line is woeful expecially while the opposition knows what is coming.

:ditto: I think this is spot on and our execution of the little things sucks to say the least. I would add that Wilson,even before the ankle last week, has lost a step and does not challenge the defense like before. It was very noticeable in the pre-season and that ability to break a defenses spirit with his legs is not there. Maybe Ciara needs to go with Bevell?