Offense

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
I would like to stay away frrom X and Oxs with this. My issues is like lack of fire. Early in the game there were several dropped passes and nothing was clicking. There was no fire or anyone pissed or any emotion. Russ is always rah rah but even he seemed more flat that usual. Did I miss it? I feel like they did.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Not sure, but the University of Phoenix Stadium is a very weird place to play football. Weird things happen there. Super Bowl 49 happened there. Someone said Cards got so many timely breaks last season when they somehow won a bunch of games that it was just weird. And every time I see it on TV it looks like this oddly shaped airplane hangar poorly disguised as a football stadium, not that that should make any difference, but still. Wonder if the visiting team last night wasn't as loose as usual because of the weird history of the place. Or is it just me?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Defense was lights out, Offense was......offensive! They stunk and I don't know if they just thought they could easily score or what. They looked like they were sleepwalking through the game, no fire, no emotion! Sure Arizona pressured Russ a lot but things never really clicked until overtime! Why? I don't know but I do know that we had a 2nd or 3rd down and enough time to try a quick fade into the end zone at the end of OT and instead we let the clock run and left it up to the kicker! Strange circumstances all night, and don't even get me started on that ref!!!!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Our offensive line didn't play well, and Arizona's defensive line did. Our line will have better days, so I'm not too worried about it. And if Rawls and Wilson get to 100% healthy, our offense is going to be great. I feel like Michael is solid, but not patient enough to let the holes develop (heh).

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Our offense is similar to the baseball player who hits .250 with 25 HRs. "Man, this guy could be so good if he just stopped giving away a couple at bats, every game."

This is my problem. We are giving away quarters and halves of football. This can't happen. Yes, yesterday was a bit of an anomaly, as it lasted the whole game, but we have seen this in the Pete Carroll era. A consistent no show by the offense for extended periods of time.

This is what holds you back from a #1 or #2 seed, and it's also what holds you back in the playoffs, when the competition is ramped up.

Who is to blame? I don't know explicitly, but I feel comfortable saying the OL is broken where it affects play calling and QB play. That being said, Bevell (no I'm not blaming him) has maddening inconsistency with game-planning while our "Elite QB" becomes scared and can't pull the trigger. I blame all of them, in some capacity.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
1 what was up with Graham, he just looked so complacent in the beginning,
2 Kearse is so slow, why not just have Tanner in, he couldn't do any worse, and all he does is catch TD's.