This Offense Runs Through Geno

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I think this game should settle our offensive identity this season.

Ken Walker III is a beast. Rashaad Penny was as well. But this offense runs through Geno's arm. Even with rain and wind today, there was no 'running the ball down the throat'. In fact, this was a very pedestrian game for KWIII.

In a complete flip from the Russell Wilson version of these 'Hawks, our passing game sets up our running game, not the other way around. Do we need balance? Sure. But we are statistically SO much more efficient when Geno passes within the first two plays of a drive then when he doesn't.

Fortunately, we seem to know that and we pass in the first two plays at about 6 times the rate that we start with multiple running plays (drives that end in kneel downs excluded). But there is a reason for that. Not including this game (which I'll have to check later but eyeball test suggests it's going to fit the narrative), we get about 4 times the yards and about twice the expected points from drives that Geno gets involved early vs. when he doesn't.

When we needed to put that final separation, it was five straight passing plays, all completions, down the field, and a touchdown.

Just imagine how this game would have looked like if Tyler and DK had brought in a few more of those catchable balls?

Rainger

Reaction score
Spohawks said.

"Geno Smith is the worst starting QB ever in the history of the Seahawks"

So the offence cant possibly be going through Geno.

You cant possibly be right, even though I agree with you.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Speaking of going thru Geno, did anybody notice that Geno threw a key block on Walker's game-sealing TD run? It wasn't a pancake or anything, but it was enough of a legit block to delay #55 from NYG by about about 2 steps, and #55 was 1 step too late to tackle Walker. Watch it at YouTube link below, play starts at time mark 10:42 and block is at time 10:46. Without the block, Walker probably gets tackled at about the 6 yard line by #55. Yeah, maybe they score anyway from the 6, but, ya never know, maybe the worst happens and NYG get a 94 yard pick 6 or fumble return on the next play, like the Stealers in SB43 with James Harrison going 100 yards with a pick 6 off Warner just before halftime.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Since this is about Geno and the offence how about going for it twice on 4th down on a drive. And the creativity shown on both of those plays? I couldn't believe what I was watching and was delighted to see it