Left Tackle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

getnasty

Reaction score
So where do we go from here? Fant made Sowell look like Walter Jones. Any chance Gilliam moves to left and Webb or Ifedi to Right Tackle? My guess is they run Fant out there again against NO. Thoughts? Oh and we're not getting Joe Thomas so stop.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I don't know what they can do to fix this. Gilliam, Sowell and Fant are all terrible. I'm guessing there might be a free agent signing of some sort, but I have no idea who might be available.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think Gilliam is our worst OLman. He's constantly getting beat, Holds alot, he also has no power, he get's pushed back into the QB oftentimes. We definately need an upgrade at RT next year.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
Unfortunately the most likely scenario is Gilliam to LT and Webb to RT. Sucks because it'll be even worse than before. But it's our only option. We aren't making a trade. They're far too stubborn for that.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Collingsworth mentioned that the Cards actually game planned Sowell. They knew they could run around
him easily. I don't think any of these guys lack effort. They just are being tasked above their abilities. Could Russell restructure and buy his own tackle?

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
there are teams that can scheme with a draw play or screen pass to the back to slow down the pass rush, but a lot of the drop backs were very slow-developing play-action type of passes that ask more of the OL to block....very strange playcalling vs the quick hitting passing attack and bubble screens we tend to see, but press-coverage and man coverage dictates some of what you can run.

Status
Not open for further replies.