A couple RB's in draft a necessity

johnnyfever

Reaction score
With Rawls and Prosise possibly being injury prone (doesn't look good so far) and Collins doing nothing, we are hurting at that position. Realistically, even with all the improvements cmike has made he is still just an average "stop gap" back.

Against good defenses, our passing game stalls without a powerful grinding running game. Once Russ is healthy it will help, but even then no one fears our running backs.

Our OL issues aren't going away as we don't have the cap space to buy a line so we have to make do with draft choices and rejects.

I'm pretty sure after this game the FO just kicked the search into overdrive.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
King Dog":3jobnz7d said:
Well that's pretty depressing after taking 3 rb's in the last draft.

Yeah right and then to cut the only one that looked worth while who wasn't even drafted.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
King Dog":2rvmjkdy said:
Right? I really wanted the Hawks to draft Jordan Howard. They had their chances. But yeah, if the two remaining don't pan out....that will just be ridiculous to whiff on all three.

xgeoff

Reaction score
King Dog":sr6plwl9 said:

I would call it absurd. We do NOT need to draft more RB's. If the 3 we drafted this year don't work out, then we can't judge talent well enough to draft it. Period.

What we need is Offensive Line talent. You can pick up guys to tote the ball behind good offensive linemen and this has been proven over, and over, and over again.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Prosise, Michael, Collins etc aren't the problem, its the O-line. I'm not saying you don't draft one, its tough to grade guys at this point. I still think Prosise will be good and I like what Michael is doing but that line is beyond bad. It's sad that you have a generational QB and you protect him with that.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
austinslater25":3k5ci82w said:
Prosise, Michael, Collins etc aren't the problem, its the O-line. I'm not saying you don't draft one, its tough to grade guys at this point. I still think Prosise will be good and I like what Michael is doing but that line is beyond bad. It's sad that you have a generational QB and you protect him with that.
The OL Is definitely a huge factor in the success of our RB's. BUT....Watch some of the goods backs in the league. You aren't going to have clear openings all the time and need to break tackles and overpower guys. I don't think cmike is bad, but I think he has a pretty low ceiling. There is a reason we got him back from a practice squad. Collins might develop, might not, but what I have seen this year including preseason hasn't been good. Prosise dealt with being injury prone in college, and now in the NFL guys are bigger and hit harder, so I don't expect that to change.

Can anyone objectively look at our RB situation and think we are fine as it sits?

formido

Reaction score
There isn't a back in this league today that could run behind this line with no threat from Wilson's read option.

When Lynch didn't have Wilson's read option, he averaged 3.5 ypc in 2010 and 4.2 ypc in 2011. Michael is averaging 4.2 ypc this year.

I can't square the facts the claim.