According to NFL.com we have a bottom 30 draft...?

Tokadub

Reaction score
https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-final-quick-snap-grades-for-all-32-teams

We are one of JUST 3 TEAMS WITH A C+ which is the lowest of any team.

How do so many teams have A's and B's??? This guy is probably just an idiot, no nice way to put it.

Why does most every "professional" analyst have no idea about the Seahawks team? They questioned the Walker pick because of our "great" depth at RB??? Do they know Chris Carson might retire (I hope not) and Penny has shown a history of breaking his legs from a pebble on his path???

It's embarrassing the analysis.

The only concern I have in this draft is maybe we should of taken Malik Willis instead of Walker. If Malik becomes a top 5 QB in the league we F'd up.

Walker's tape doesn't blow my socks off. But I don't hate the pick. Christine Michael looked much more explosive than Walker to me and where did that go?

I'm also a little confused where Jake Curhan will play considering we drafted Ken Walker III. He might be a better OT for the running game than Lucas, time will tell.

But by the time we picked Lucas Walker probably would have been gone so it kinda seems like this might have been the smartest option?

I'm still very concerned about our QB situation which is why I would of probably pulled the trigger on Malik Willis over Ken Walker... But maybe they thought Malik is a worst version of Russell Wilson and they want a different kind of QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
The media hasn't done its homework on Seattle in decades. There are maybe 2 'analysts ' who are well informed and if they aren't the ones setting the table for hawks Intel, the entire bunch just parrot off what the last clueless ones said. This year it was that, by all accounts, because we are looking for a longterm solution at qb, that we HAD to fix it this year.
As to Willis being the answer, or any other crop of qbs this year, no thanks. You can't force a solution simply because you have a problem that needs solving. The qb talent in this draft was marginal at best. By all accounts, tge guys we have on the roster competing for the spot might be marginal, at best, plus they know the playbook and are vets. Why sacrifice precious drsft capital on someone who has a high likelihood of being no better than who you have? Because they're younger and on a chance, might one day be a little better?

As for Walker, or Walker v Christine Michael- I don't recall the almost universal belief that Michael was possibly the best rb in the class and a bona-fide day one starter. Michael was quick, but not violent in the way Walker is. KW3 will immediately pose a challenge to opposing defenses, which makes us better. Pairing him with Lock or Smith is > pairing Willis with a 3rd or later round selection at RB, in my opinion. And pairing KW3 with whoever solidifies the position next year is > Willis and said, x running back with a year under their belt. If you're gonna draft a qb of the future, next year is the year, not 2022.

For the o-line, I think you just have to trust that Shane is helping put together a group that will run as effectively as the Rams did while he was there. They were usually pretty formidable.

Boohman14

Reaction score
NFL Network Said Seattle was the Winner of Round 2 of the draft, The Jest were the winners of Round 1. Overall the NFL network loved our draft, especially the first 3 rounds.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
The real experts on draft picks are the guys making the decisions, they know most about the existing roster and have looked in detail at potential propects. The media guys at best know what is publicly available about the existing roster and have looked at all the draft class to an equal amount. I always think draft grades are the like freshmen marking a final degree paper.

I remember us getting a D in 2011, but at the time noone knew that Sherman and KJ were going to be huge but the real beauty is this from 2012:

"After one of the worst picks in the first round I can ever remember, the Seattle Seahawks didn't draft any positions of need or draft for the future.
Pete Carroll is proving why he didn’t make it in the NFL the first time. Not only was Bruce Irvin a reach at No. 15, the Seahawks proved they were oblivious to their madness by celebrating their selection.
As if the day wasn’t bad enough, Seattle selecting Russell Wilson, a QB that doesn’t fit their offense at all, was by far the worst move of the draft. With the two worst moves of the draft, Seattle is the only team that received an F on draft day."

Jac

Reaction score
His supporting write-ups don't even align with the actual grades. He basically says all the players they drafted were great. From a mock perspective (i.e., what he thought of players), he had Abraham Lucas going in the first round (his final mock). Also, he had Seattle trading back into the bottom of the first round for Sam Howell. In his second to last mock, he had Seattle trading up to #4 for Matt Corral. This isn't a criticism of mocks (which are near impossible) or even the cliched claim of 'bias', but this just seems like a writer who is jaded that they didn't select one of the mediocre QB's they had all been projecting this offseason.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
These "experts" are idiots. The proof is in the pudding. With the exception of the Steelers, not a single other team thought enough of these QBs to draft them high. Not one. The media hyped them up and the media was proven wrong. The media doesn't like to be proven wrong. Lock would have been the first QB off the board this year. Why would we draft someone else?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The media loves to denounce anything this team does. Its almost like they are trying to build them up as this year's villain for the RW trade and now the draft. All I'm seeing is how could they pass on Willis??? Well how about the other qb starved teams? There is a reason why only one qb was taken inside the first 2.5 rounds. As a Seahawk fan you just have to get used to the noise from the media about this team. They are not a legacy team or a big market so these writers don't have to suck weiner like they try to do with other teams.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
It’s funny that the experts at NFL.com gave the team a C+ while a lot of independent or non-affiliated sources that I’ve seen and read have given the team an average of an A.

Lets remember, Seattle was always gonna get a bad or average grade UNLESS they drafted one of the many overhyped, average QB in this draft and because they didn’t budge and seemingly opted out for the superior class next year they were graded poorly.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Had the team traded a late pick for Mayfield the “experts” would have been slobbering over our team’s draft. I agree that the experts are idiots who mostly know little about the team.

It’s mostly empty noise from the media with 'who won the draft' nonsense at this point. This is because the 'group thought' has to rationalize their exercise there and the reality that they got about the same amount right as their non 'expert' cohorts.

Apparently the Walker pick was a huge mistake when all those Qbs were available. Walker will be like Wilson and will have that last laugh.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
The national writers talk out both sides of their mouths. Prisco (longstanding hater) has been crapping on the rookie QB's all offseason and throughout the draft, but this is what he puts into his most recent power rankings, "Without Russell Wilson, they are way down here. They must really believe in Drew Lock since they passed on taking a quarterback in the draft."

hoxrox

Reaction score
Drafting a QB in this class would have been a desperation move and a wasted pick. If Drew Lock was in this class, he'd probably be the top QB taken. That's how bad the class is.

I'm ok with playing the long game and drafting a QB next year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The lazy analysis on the Seahawks by most national media is beyond embarrassing. Like they aren't even trying. As someone said above if we were an East Coast team we are easily graded as an A.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-final-quick-snap-grades-for-all-32-teams

We are one of JUST 3 TEAMS WITH A C+ which is the lowest of any team.

How do so many teams have A's and B's??? This guy is probably just an idiot, no nice way to put it.

Why does most every "professional" analyst have no idea about the Seahawks team? They questioned the Walker pick because of our "great" depth at RB??? Do they know Chris Carson might retire (I hope not) and Penny has shown a history of breaking his legs from a pebble on his path???

It's embarrassing the analysis.

The only concern I have in this draft is maybe we should of taken Malik Willis instead of Walker. If Malik becomes a top 5 QB in the league we F'd up.

Walker's tape doesn't blow my socks off. But I don't hate the pick. Christine Michael looked much more explosive than Walker to me and where did that go?

I'm also a little confused where Jake Curhan will play considering we drafted Ken Walker III. He might be a better OT for the running game than Lucas, time will tell.

But by the time we picked Lucas Walker probably would have been gone so it kinda seems like this might have been the smartest option?

I'm still very concerned about our QB situation which is why I would of probably pulled the trigger on Malik Willis over Ken Walker... But maybe they thought Malik is a worst version of Russell Wilson and they want a different kind of QB.
Exactly why I labeled the draft graders as "daft" graders.
But I see a later version from a different media that says the Seahawks draft class is in the top 5 of the league. So there's that.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
This writer had mocked Lloyd to us at #9. When i saw that during mock draft season i realised he didn't have a clue.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
I think the QBs probably went in similar rounds they would have gone in other years, is Willis a better prospect than Will Grier was? Probably, but probably not as good as Hurts.
Actually I wouldn't have minded if we had drafted Willis in the third round he's inconsistent but has a lot of upside. Nothing would probably have come of it drafting at that level is a lottery but every now and then you find a hidden diamond, such a Dak Prescott or, of course, Russ. Using a third round pick to get Willis instead of Lucas we would be losing a high chance of improving out team a little bit with a low chance of improving the team a lot. I am happy with Lucas but wouldn't be tearing my hair out if we took Willis. I am just glad we didn't take a QB in the first round because this year there weren't any worth a 1st round pick.

JerHawk81

Reaction score
I saw one of the NFL Network Analysts give us a C+ because we selected run-blocking OTs and a stud RB, but we are trying to become more of a passing team.

*boggle*

I don't mind us getting a C+ grade. I have us quite a bit higher, but I can respect a well informed C+ grade. But that was just him getting the Seahawks confused with another team...