When will Tyler Lockett be 100%?

ARhawk

Reaction score
He clearly hasnt been a factor since his injury. I know our pass protection was terrible against Arizona, but it wasnt any better against LA and Lockett still caught a couple deep balls. We wont have a deep threat until Lockett gets healthy or Paul Richardson steps up and plays like a 2nd round pick.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
disappointing Prich hasn't stepped up and made the most of Tyler being hurt.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He might never reach 100% this season unless he's allowed to rest. Same goes for Wilson. Pete's setting the offense back by not letting them rest.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Do we even know what kind of knee injury Lockett has?

It worries me even more that his injury is talked about under a shroud of secrecy and no one says specifically what's wrong with the knee.

But yes, he's not only running at half speed, he's tentative when he's close to contact.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jxwh6hh said:

It worries me even more that his injury is talked about under a shroud of secrecy and no one says specifically what's wrong with the knee.

But yes, he's not only running at half speed, he's tentative when he's close to contact.

Doug Baldwin told ESPN's Dan Graziano that Tyler Lockett is playing through a torn PCL in his knee.
Lockett hurt his knee in the Week 2 loss to the Rams and hasn't been much of a factor in the two games since, catching just one of three total targets for 13 yards in that span. Lockett badly needs the Week 5 bye to heal up. He's barely worth hanging onto in 12-team leagues with Jimmy Graham's dominating resurgence behind No. 1 receiver Doug Baldwin.

per http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10408/tyler-lockett

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
OkieHawk":309kza0a said:
Sgt. Largent":309kza0a said:

Doug Baldwin told ESPN's Dan Graziano that Tyler Lockett is playing through a torn PCL in his knee.
Lockett hurt his knee in the Week 2 loss to the Rams and hasn't been much of a factor in the two games since, catching just one of three total targets for 13 yards in that span. Lockett badly needs the Week 5 bye to heal up. He's barely worth hanging onto in 12-team leagues with Jimmy Graham's dominating resurgence behind No. 1 receiver Doug Baldwin.

per http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/10408/tyler-lockett

Yikes, there's your answer then OP. No tear's going to heal during the season.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
IR him and give McEvoy more snaps. We are redundant at WR. McEvoy would add a new dimension. I'm thinking similar to Chris Matthew, just consistent... hopefully. The new Jurevicius!

Jville

Reaction score
As Lockett accumulates massive collisions, I'm surprised there hasn't been some mention of concern for concussion.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That kid is amazing. Torn pcl and he's still playing? He almost broke that point return late in the game. If someone would have blocked the gunner...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
He wasn't wearing the large knee brace Sunday night that he'd been wearing the past few weeks. That tells me he's improving.

Danny Darko

Reaction score
Kearse got away with a couple O passive interferences in game 1, since then the league is super locked into his pushoffs and calls him every time. I'd rather see if Lockett can get healthy, use more McEvoy more, and trade Kearse (salary reasons) + a lower pick for Staley or Thomas at LT than put Lockett on IR.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Kearse would have literally zero trade value is the only problem but I'm with you on using McEvoy more.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kearse needs to watch Gronk film more, Gronk can toss a LB into the front row seats and not get called.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Ask a football player. They'll tell you they haven't been healthy since HS.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":x3tsdgjz said:
Kearse needs to watch Gronk film more, Gronk can toss a LB into the front row seats and not get called.

That's cause Gronk's 6'6 270 lbs and just rambles down the field knocking people over like a bull in a china shop.

Kearse is a 6 foot tall slow WR that can't get separation 90% of the time without using his hands. He just has to stop extending all the way, that's all.

I'd be shocked if he's even on the team next year. The new rule was his worst nightmare.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
chris98251":nrq62tsi said:
Gronk can toss a LB into the front row seats and not get called.
He plays for the Cheatriots, this is why. Kearse could not get away with any thing like that. We all know certain teams get away with certain rules. It's just the way it is.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2d50hef6 said:
chris98251":2d50hef6 said:
Gronk can toss a LB into the front row seats and not get called.
He plays for the Cheatriots, this is why. Kearse could not get away with any thing like that. We all know certain teams get away with certain rules. It's just the way it is.

The funny thing is if you polled NFL fans nationwide I think they'd say the Seahawks receive preferential treatment on the same level as New England.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":21jiibhn said:
IR him and give McEvoy more snaps. We are redundant at WR. McEvoy would add a new dimension. I'm thinking similar to Chris Matthew, just consistent... hopefully. The new Jurevicius!

Richardson also has a different skill set than Lockett.

I know they covet his return ability, but we have Spiller on the squad who is also a decent returner. We're honestly not doing Lockett any favors, and he's not making an impact on the field, at all.

I also agree on McEvoy. This guy looks good already, and he wasn't even a full time WR in college. Think what he could do with reps and time with Wilson.

Largent80

Reaction score
When will he be 100%....I would say since we need him SO much, maybe not this entire year. That knee ligament needs to be stabilized and the cuts, and stop/starts in his game can't happen while that ligament is stressed.