Seattle Seahawks make statement with win over Patriots

ivotuk

Reaction score
"What the Seahawks did best against New England was answer every seemingly crushing blow the Patriots delivered.

When Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount was gashing them on the ground -- on his way to three touchdowns -- Seattle found a way to turn Prosise loose on the New England defense with a variety of runs and pass plays.

When Tom Brady seemed to be carving up the Seahawks secondary, Wilson started spreading the football to a variety of his own receivers (Seattle finished with 420 total yards, including 324 through the air).

Let's also not forget that Seattle won the turnover battle, as the 'Hawks took the ball away from New England twice without making any mistakes of their own."

That last part was HUGE! Without those 2 turnovers, (and if we had turned it over), we don't win the game.

www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000739534 ... r-patriots

sutz

Reaction score
In a game like that, it is common to say something like "The last team to score will win."

Perhaps more accurately, the team that gets two consecutive scores will win. The Kam strip and Sherm recovery and runback set up the scenario where we scored twice in a row and basically flipped the sequence to set us up to get the last go ahead score. Otherwise, it might have been a reprise of SB49, with us trying to force that last TD on the goal line instead of them.

:)

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Not sure if it was a statement game.. it was a nice regular season win game.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
I thought it was fascinating that the team with the lead hadn't scored until late in the 4th quarter when we went up 31-24.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2vyzqynk said:
And that statement was, "We don't know when to go for 2."

Why?

In hindsight, it was the right call, BB would not chance losing the game on a 2 point attempt, but chance it in OT. Had we got the 2pts, the game is over.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":26hiesvu said:
And that statement was, "We don't know when to go for 2."

Is that what you come out with after a game like this?

He was playing to win. I will take that with the risk it involves. It is not always about statistics.

irfuben32

Reaction score
It was absolutely the wrong call, kick the PAT and go up by 8 and force them to go for two to tie if they score a TD.

byau

Reaction score
Throughout the game my buddy and I were just happy on the way the Seahawks played. I think the statement would've been made by either outcome, win or lose, the Seahawks are back (but it was punctuated even more so by the win)