Awesome article on Seahawks by National NFL writer

BlueThunder

Reaction score
This'll raise some goosebumps and get ya pumped.

"Bad-Boy Seahawks Are Back: Tough D and Russell Wilson Take Down Host Patriots"

By Mike Freeman , NFL National Lead Writer

FOXBORO, Massachusetts — You are Kam Chancellor, and you are lined up in single coverage, wide, against the best tight end to ever play the game. On the last damn play. What do you do?

This is what you do. You get in the face of Rob Gronkowski, you wait for the snap and you shut him down. The game is over, and the Seattle Seahawks beat the New England Patriots, 31-24, at Gillette Stadium.

There are few players in the NFL who could stop Gronkowski one-on-one. Ronnie Lott couldn't stop Gronk without help. Thor might have some trouble. God would have second thoughts. But Chancellor? This is what he does. This is what the Seahawks do.

LINK:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2674 ... t-patriots

Largent80

Reaction score
Ironically, if Gronk hadn't pushed off on Kam, he may have been able to catch the ball.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Right now,t he whole 49ers Island is up in arms about the Lott shout out.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Largent80":aftr6vrn said:
Ironically, if Gronk hadn't pushed off on Kam, he may have been able to catch the ball.

Gronk even said in the post game presser that he was confused by how far off Kam was, and he didn't TRY to initiate contact, but that's what happened.

Give Pete and Richard credit, they saw this tendency with how the Patriot's line up Gronk in goalline situations. They assume teams are going to put their defenders on the line and try to press Gronk, they weren't ready for Kam to play off like that allowing him the space to defend that legally.

Usually Gronk just bumps his big body up against the defender at the line creating that easy space for him to catch the fade. THAT'S what he was trying to do to Kam off the line, but it threw off his timing and rhythm.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Largent80":1kk4g26q said:

Exactly. It's kind of hard to catch a fade pass when your arms are horizontal to the ground while pushing someone.

Laloosh

Reaction score
BlueThunder":1ecd0qfw said:
Laloosh":1ecd0qfw said:
Bobblehead":1ecd0qfw said:
Right now,t he whole 49ers Island is up in arms about the Lott shout out.

Links?

I'm pretty sure he was just assuming that they're up in arms over it...

Ah, I thought there was a Lott quote. My bad.

byau

Reaction score
Largent80":29l9k1ky said:

You want to talk about irony or just dumb luck, I was just thinking about this:

The team with the best record in the NFL ... the Dallas Cowboys.

If it weren't for a preseason Seahawks vs Cowboys game where Avril tried to sack a scrambling Romo, and Romo tried to dodge/duck it, resulting in a broken back (and many a Cowboys fan calling it a dirty head hunting hit) ... there would be no Dak-Attack and an 8-1 Cowboys

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

back to your regularly scheduled thead.

I'm normally not a BR fan but of course I will bask in the glory of any article that compliments our boys :) I'm such a double-standard sports homer :)

You are Kam Chancellor, and you are lined up in single coverage, wide, against the best tight end to ever play the game. On the last damn play. What do you do?

This is what you do. You get in the face of Rob Gronkowski, you wait for the snap and you shut him down. The game is over, and the Seattle Seahawks beat the New England Patriots, 31-24, at Gillette Stadium.

253hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2eyx9eof said:
Largent80":2eyx9eof said:

Gronk even said in the post game presser that he was confused by how far off Kam was, and he didn't TRY to initiate contact, but that's what happened.

Give Pete and Richard credit, they saw this tendency with how the Patriot's line up Gronk in goalline situations. They assume teams are going to put their defenders on the line and try to press Gronk, they weren't ready for Kam to play off like that allowing him the space to defend that legally.

Usually Gronk just bumps his big body up against the defender at the line creating that easy space for him to catch the fade. THAT'S what he was trying to do to Kam off the line, but it threw off his timing and rhythm.

The funny thing is that Kam didn't even move. He just stood in place and crow-hopped twice to be ready to shift in case Gronk cut suddenly one way or the other. And then Gronk just runs straight into him like Rudolph did in the wild card game last year without even trying for the ball. If he had just run the route and avoided Kam, it's probably a TD or at least a much easier play on the ball; maybe even DPI if Kam is trailing and pulls on arm or some jersey (unless it's Graham, then it's no penalty).

Barakas

Reaction score
Largent80":3lgcrps4 said:

I've re-watched that final play more than 50 times now. I don't think Kam did any sort of pulling Gronk down. I know his hands at one point end up on Gronk's arm but to me it looked more incidental as he was falling than any sort of intentional grabbing and pulling Gronk down while he's falling.

I think what happened is that Gronk went in to really hit Kam hard. Whether Kam recognized this and used his force against him or he was just caught off balance but Kam went down a lot easier than I think Gronk was expecting. The result was that Gronk started falling forward unexpectedly and by the time he recognized he was way off balance he didn't have time to recover and lunged short of the football.

If he had been more worried about catching the ball than he was about getting a good pushoff on Kam I think he would have made that catch.

Genius on Kam or just a happy misplay I don't know...

Smellyman

Reaction score
byau":21m9u3z4 said:
Largent80":21m9u3z4 said:

You want to talk about irony or just dumb luck, I was just thinking about this:

The team with the best record in the NFL ... the Dallas Cowboys.

If it weren't for a preseason Seahawks vs Cowboys game where Avril tried to sack a scrambling Romo, and Romo tried to dodge/duck it, resulting in a broken back (and many a Cowboys fan calling it a dirty head hunting hit) ... there would be no Dak-Attack and an 8-1 Cowboys

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

back to your regularly scheduled thead.

I'm normally not a BR fan but of course I will bask in the glory of any article that compliments our boys :) I'm such a double-standard sports homer :)

You are Kam Chancellor, and you are lined up in single coverage, wide, against the best tight end to ever play the game. On the last damn play. What do you do?

That oline is so good and so is the run game. They may be putting up more points with Romo right now.