C.J. Prosise: found those dark creases & turned the corner

Jville

Reaction score
They are still talking about C.J.s game versus the Patriots. Sounds like they believe the running game has found itself and is on the rise.

Seahawks coaches use the phrase "dark creases" to describe how running backs must trust that a lane exists even if it might not look that way immediately. Assistant head coach/offensive line Tom Cable raved about the way Prosise did that in his first career start.

Article Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahawks/post/_/id/23244/doug-baldwin-c-j-prosise-has-some-arian-foster-to-his-game[/urltargetblank]

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
I think the Hawks need to be careful how much they use him between the tackles. Hoping Rawls gets back up to speed soon to keep dents out of our rookie.

maruk14

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":14hr7erp said:
I think the Hawks need to be careful how much they use him between the tackles. Hoping Rawls gets back up to speed soon to keep dents out of our rookie.

Not sure i agree with this. Prosise measured out at the combine at 6' and 220lbs. Not a small guy. He's a little bit taller than what we are used to seeing from our backs so he carries his weight differently but its not like the guy is 5'9" 195.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
For some reason, people think CJ is a small guy, he's not, he's big, probably next to our FB the biggest back we have.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Bobblehead":llpe3n6i said:
For some reason, people think CJ is a small guy, he's not, he's big, probably next to our FB the biggest back we have.

You have to admit, on TV he looks small.

Largent80

Reaction score
I really don't want him being the bell cow. His hands, moves and quickness need to be exploited with passes in open spaces.

Make no mistake, the healthier RW get's and the more he shows it to opposing teams the better our run game will get.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
and he isn't afraid of contact :)

fHLdIXFuZzbgY.gif

Just like his homie :)

nfl-gifs-football-6.gif

maruk14

Reaction score
OkieHawk":122bvu4l said:
Bobblehead":122bvu4l said:

Not to me he doesn't. Tyler Lockett looks small - Paul Richardson looks small (and slight). CJ doesn't look that small to me - he's juts not the fire hydrant we are used to seeing from our backs.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
OkieHawk":3a8heqfu said:
Bobblehead":3a8heqfu said:

He's not as thick in his upper body and arms as most guys at his position. Hard to tell if it's just his build or if he hasn't had sufficient upper body work in the gym.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
He wears small shoulder pads so he can raise his arms to catch a tall pass without hindrance. Therefore he appears smaller across the shoulders.

sc85sis

Reaction score
AP is listed at 6'1" and 217 lbs. other than the knee injury, he's held up OK.

Note, I'm not saying Prosise will have AP's career—just comparing their size. CJ isn't a tiny guy.

sdog1981

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1qayjb7w said:
He wears small shoulder pads so he can raise his arms to catch a tall pass without hindrance. Therefore he appears smaller across the shoulders.

This right here. AP is about the same size but he wears bigger pads because he seeks contact and I think he has caught more than 30 passes only once during his career.