Ruminations on the Rams Game

onepicknick1

Reaction score
It was one lost we are now 10-3 we will end the season 12-4 Better then most of us were expecting. There was only one undefeated team 72 Dolphins 12-4 is a good mark. I do see the problems when the Defense scores the same number as the offense there might be a problem with the offense.

On defense covering with our LB on the underneath routes, The LB's never turn and look for the ball they just wait for them to catch it and tackle. Woods burned Bobby Wager all day as soon as it was identified as a pass the LB's would drop in to coverage 15-20 yds down field if they're going to play that deep just as well have DB's out there.

Russ will get beaten out of MVP by Jackson and it's sad because watch what happens Jackson will be contained in the next year and he'll look average and probably struggle or get hurt.

I really wonder how much control does the OC and DC have we all blame Pete on this but really is it him? all in all we should be thankful of this season. This team will not go to the SB but it was a big improvement over last year.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fade":35qamvhx said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Joe_Fann/status/1203907149182619648[/tweet]
Interesting.
Well, they certainly got their asses whooped, so hopefully the humble pie has been sliced, served, and eaten. It better last until the season's fully over, which for us will hopefully be in February.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The whole team was off. However, was it Russ who gave up 28 points? Or was it Russ who dropped a perfect throw on 4th down (Turner) or another perfect throw on 3rd down (Hollister) or who didn't turn his head around on an easy touchdown (Turner)??? I realize he needed to play better, and he certainly wasn't on his A game. But those THREE plays, along with pathetic Defense most of the night, and horrific pass blocking contributed a lot to that loss.

On to Carolina

Largent80

Reaction score
To be fair to Hunt, EVERY center gets blown up vs. Donald. Ifedi is out of excuses, he's had 5 years to "get it" and although he has improved from dreadful to low mediocre, retaining him may not happen. Iupati also had some WTF moments. Some of those sacks are always going to happen with Russ trying to make plays.

They need to go uptempo from time to time and get the damn ball out quicker.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
So much truth. Just having him sit back there behind pathetic pass blocking and against THAT d line. It's just plain stupid, get that quick passing game going. It worked well vs. the Niners.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Fade, I really like your weekly threads. I have to say though, you missed a golden opportunity to name this one Ruinations from the Rams Game. ;)