I Like Our Chances In Comparison To Last Season

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
You don't have to run faster than the bear, you just have to run faster than the guy next to you.

I'm not sure if we are better than last year, but I definitely like our chances a lot more. While we may not be playing good football right now, no one else is in the NFC.

We don't have to play SuperBowl caliber football to win the SuperBowl, we just have to play better than the other team. The discrepancy between us and the Cowboys (in Cowboys stadium) is less than last years difference between us playing Carolina on the road.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2qtn7pdm said:
You don't have to run faster than the bear, you just have to run faster than the guy next to you.

I'm not sure if we are better than last year, but I definitely like our chances a lot more. While we may not be playing good football right now, no one else is in the NFC.

We don't have to play SuperBowl caliber football to win the SuperBowl, we just have to play better than the other team. The discrepancy between us and the Cowboys (in Cowboys stadium) is less than last years difference between us playing Carolina on the road.

Maybe slightly, I wouldn't say it's by alot. Earlier in the season I'd have said this team was better but now I'm not too sure that's correct. If we get a #2 seed which is likely if we win out then I'd agree.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I'm not going to write the Hawks off yet. We're a lock to win the division and then it'll only be 3-4 games they have to win in the play offs. It's definitely still possible.

That being said, they have to bounce back and get their focus back. The talent is there.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Fact. No one, And i mean no one, wants to draw the Hawks in WC or divisional round. I think almost every team would rather draw Dallas.

So there's that, fwiw.

evergreen

Reaction score
I think this is the reckoning. this is the fuel we use to begin the run. Wilson can't ever be this bad again. The D line needs to return. This is the beginning. Wilson was so bad he suffered his worst loss as a pro and probably Pete's too. No way we suck this hard for long. You want to go to practice next week? The Rams and Hawks play on a few days after being beaten badly 80-3... welcome to the alternate universe. Trump is prez, Exxon is sec of state and hawks lose by 35...

cymatica

Reaction score
As long as they don't have to play a good d-line or on a grass field, then the sky's the limit

Reaneypark

Reaction score
The only way Seattle would have to play on the grass in the cold would be if they completely went to crap and Green Bay won their division and hosted an NFC Championship game. So, they have that going for them.

There really is something to this grass/extreme weather thing with the Hawks. They suck in those games.

hawk45

Reaction score
cymatica":1m9zi9vs said:
As long as they don't have to play a good d-line or on a grass field, then the sky's the limit
Agreed.
I'd also add any weather more than a light rain.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Amen to the OP. Our chances of a trip back to the Bowl are EXTREMELY good. We can beat any team in the NFL on any given day. We can DEFINITELY beat anyone in the NFC (as long as we don't have to go back to Lambeau in the cold).

Thanks for the positivity and rational thoughts OP. This place needs it on days like today. Keep the chicken littles in their coup.

Sent from my spare phone by the toilet using Tapatalk

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
CANHawk":jzcx51d2 said:
Amen to the OP. Our chances of a trip back to the Bowl are EXTREMELY good. We can beat any team in the NFL on any given day. We can DEFINITELY beat anyone in the NFC (as long as we don't have to go back to Lambeau in the cold).

Thanks for the positivity and rational thoughts OP. This place needs it on days like today. Keep the chicken littles in their coup.

I would say right now there are very good odds that any away playoff game we would have this year is going to be in a Dome. Cowboys, Lions, Vikings, Falcons all dome teams. Only way we would play outside is if

1. Dallas completely chokes and Giants win out to win the division
2. Lions completely choke and Packers win out to win the Division
3. Falcons cant beat the 49ers, Saints and Panthers to win their divsiion and Tampa wins it.

I think the most realistic place we would have to play OUTSIDE would be @Tampa if we were to play on the road but we will see. Still an outside shot for GB and Giants to also win division

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
CANHawk":3er4bjk2 said:

People on here act like the sky is falling. Newsflash, it is like this for nearly every NFC team this season except for the Cowboys. But even the Boys haven't been playing great football the past few weeks. The entire NFC is down. We just have to be better than the next team in the NFC, and right now no one in this conference is playing really great football. And the drop off from last year isn't as big as the drop off for some of the other NFC Teams (Cards, Panthers, Packers, etc.). Not to mention if we do make the SB, the team that comes out the AFC probably won't be as good as our opponent from two years ago.

Like another poster pointed out, we will be the one team in the NFC no one wants to face.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not like we haven't been in this position before. Playing inconsistent, yet somehow they turn it on come playoff time.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ilf9nda said:
Not like we haven't been in this position before. Playing inconsistent, yet somehow they turn it on come playoff time.

Our weak remaining schedule should help us get things together in time for the playoffs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not worried either. This team has the talent to win the Super Bowl. And when they win these next 3 and are sitting there with the 2 seed, things are going to look VERY good.

OP
OP
Hawk-Lock

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":15rxmi5y said:
I'm not worried either. This team has the talent to win the Super Bowl. And when they win these next 3 and are sitting there with the 2 seed, things are going to look VERY good.

Exactly. For whatever reason, the Packer game never felt that important to me. For a while now we have kind of been slotted as the #2 seed. And yes, I am well aware the Lions are ahead of us, but their remaining schedule is much tougher than ours.

And most importantly, going into Dallas will be much easier than what we did last year when we had to go up against a one loss Carolina team.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't know why people are surprised at the responses today. Worst loss in the Carroll era. Lost 2 out of 3 in very ugly fashion. What do you expect really?

As I said previously, these last two losses have diminished my confidence in this year's team.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If we're the 2 seed, we're still in good shape.

If we have to go on the road, I give us a 50/50 chance we're 1 and done.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":1guc52zr said:

It is bad judgement to run from a bear even if you are faster than the next guy.
You have a better chance by shitting your pants and playing dead. That's exactly what our Seahawks did.