nfl.com Math says Patriots-Seahawks in Super Bowl LI

ivotuk

Reaction score
Some guy on nfl.com came up with a math model that is so-so in predicting Superbowl matchups. But hey, if it predicts us in the Superbowl, I'll take it!

"Last year, I developed a mathematical model (Model V1.0) based on numerous statistics to predict which two of the 12 playoff teams would advance to Super Bowl 50. Although the model was created last year -- using data from 2004 to 2011 -- to test its efficacy, I ignored the known results of Super Bowls 47 through 49 (yes, I'm using Arabic numerals here, for clarity's sake -- sorry, Romans) and generated "predictions" to compare against what actually occurred.

The model perfectly generated the matchups in Super Bowl 48 (Seahawks vs. Broncos) and Super Bowl 49 (Patriots-Seahawks), but it missed on Super Bowl 47 -- producing a matchup between the Patriots and Falcons, not the Harbaugh Bowl between the Ravens and 49ers that actually occured. Still, two out of three ain't bad. Just ask Meat Loaf."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -math-says

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
This team will go as far as Russell takes them. The defense will hold its own but this post-season belongs to Russell. Hope he takes command of it.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I like the Hawks chances. Only the giants have a d line that is dominating. Not to say the other teams lines won't dominate, but the chances are better. All about matchups. I get the packers, falcons and cowboys have prolific offenses, but their d is a potential weakness. If the o can get in rhythm, anything is possible. I think the path to 51 is easier than it was to 50. Not making any prediction, just saying it can be done. Just need to start off by winning today. Hopefully it will be a blowout, then the narrative all week will be how dangerous the Hawks are. Go Hawks!