Lions starting backup center tonight

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Hopefully it goes as well as when Joey Hunt got the start.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
He will likely have an all pro day because the other linemen will adjust to support him, unlike our line.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
For some reason it seems we don't capitalize on perceived weaknesses like this any more.

I hope they do though. I'd love to see Bennett push Stafford and his wonky finger directly into a few of those patented Avril strip-sacks.

ARhawk

Reaction score
They've been without their starting center for a few weeks now. The guy thats playing tonight has been pretty bad while he's been in.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I actually scouted Graham Glasgow quite a bit leading into the NFL Draft, as I thought that he could be one that would fit in Seattle quite nicely. He's very versatile. Tough as nails. Very physical center who also plays a pretty good guard. Michigan product - so he's been toughened up by having to deal with Jim Harbaugh. Unfortunately for us, I think Glasgow's probably going to do pretty decent tonight.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2w6cq7qw said:
We have displayed an amazing ability to NOT take advantage of back-up O linemen over the last few years.

It is befuddling.

Can't tell you how many times I have had this exact thought. They announce that a backup is starting, or someone comes in mid-game, and we are unable to capitalize.

mikeak

Reaction score
Centers are more important than just the protection they give. They are the communicator with the QB. We should be doing confusing stuff just to throw them off as he will have trouble picking that up

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":3kiut4ax said:
Centers are more important than just the protection they give. They are the communicator with the QB. We should be doing confusing stuff just to throw them off as he will have trouble picking that up

Unfortunately there's usually a canyon between what we should do and what we actually do.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":38v8sp1g said:
I actually scouted Graham Glasgow quite a bit leading into the NFL Draft, as I thought that he could be one that would fit in Seattle quite nicely. He's very versatile. Tough as nails. Very physical center who also plays a pretty good guard. Michigan product - so he's been toughened up by having to deal with Jim Harbaugh. Unfortunately for us, I think Glasgow's probably going to do pretty decent tonight.
I also watched quite a bit of Glasgow tape leading into the draft (I usually watch tape and take notes on 150-200 players a year...its a hobby of mine). Here are my notes:

- Good feet and anchor in pass pro
-Gets to the 2nd level well and targets well in space
-Plays way too high in the run game (probably due to being 6'6)
-Shows good initial pop in run game when pad level is right, but lacks any kind of leg drive.

Overall, I liked him in pass pro, I believe that was his strength. He should get dominated in the run game though. Plays too high and just doesn't have the lower body strength to get push.