Seahawks slight campaign begins...

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
I know a lot of people don't care but the hate against the Seahawks from the league really sucks.
On their official site a picture with the "early preditcions for 2024 DROY".
6 Players no Byron Murphy.
Byron also commented on the whole thing and I hope he takes this as a further motivational injection

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Nationally, we're looked on as a "has been" team, similar to the Donkeys and the Aints.

I wouldn't call it hate... but rather, indifference.

When we start competing with the Whiners and the Lambs again, then we'll start getting the national respect we deserve.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
It’s all a drama spectacle with zero inherent meaning. Just like mean girls, politics, Hollywood, and sexy geese.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I do understand the regional disrespect I think in this situation it is more a positional issue a DB or Edge has an easier time standing out. My early prediction is Quinyon Mitchell

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Playing the percentages. Only eight DT have won in the fifty-six years of the award.
I did a search on "early predictions for 2023 NFL DROY" to see what the buzz was last year. Jalen Carter, Mazi Smith, and Calijah Kancey, were all mentioned as DT candidates for DROY in various articles.

This year, the number of defensive 1st round picks was artificially suppressed, making the pool of candidates even smaller. Murphy not making the top six is just stupid IMO. Hopefully it puts a chip on his shoulder. A big one.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
Well, let's be honest, Byron Murphy could register 12 sacks, 78 tackles, 11 TFL, 2 FF and a recovered fumble, and the East coast media would still find a way to ignore him for DROY. It's just the way it is. The only way to keep them from grinning about their blatant bias is to kick their team's teeth in on the field.

Rat

Reaction score
DTs rarely win because it's more difficult than other positions to post tangible stats. I wouldn't pick him either. Most of the DTs who have won put up big sack numbers. If Murphy racks up sacks, he'll be in the mix, and if he doesn't win it won't be because of a bias against a middling team.

Right now, Murphy has the sixth-best odds, ranging from 12-1 to 15-1. Ahead of him is four DEs and a CB.

Last edited:

chris98251

Reaction score
This is how things get started, it can become infectious, I have a feeling the Seahawks and players will see more of this type of omittance and discounting of the team due to first time Coaches and losing a media favored coach.

The only way we get noticed is slap the NFL world in the face again.

Thread title is wrong actually, it's not hate, we seen being hated and it was due to being so damn good they changed the rules to level the playing field and try to take away the teeth of our defensive scheme.

Pete never was able to adjust, we have been somewhat an afterthought since that team broke up.