Shead..not good enough!

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Many times this season he hasn't got his head around looking for the ball..tonight justifys he's not there and will never be there. They will target him for the rest of the game. We need another DB in the draft.

quneur

Reaction score
It isn't Shead's fault. Defense can't stop Falcons offense. Kris Richard is overwhelmed in this game. Backups are not playing as they should; too many rookies out there. Pay too much for starters and lack of depth will hurt this team when it matters most - towards the end when starters are fighting injuries.

OP
OP
S

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
quneur":2n0m8l9o said:
It isn't Shead's fault. Defense can't stop Falcons offense. Kris Richard is overwhelmed in this game. Backups are not playing as they should; too many rookies out there. Pay too much for starters and lack of depth will hurt this team when it matters most - towards the end when starters are fighting injuries.
Clearly I'm not saying it's shead's fault for the loss..however..he's not good enough. Got burned in a big play, multiple times this season he could've got his head around and picked a QB. Simple..he's not good enough and we need to draft or get do. I'm worried about our depth

Optimus25

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":31xorve4 said:
dopeboy206":31xorve4 said:
He's a C grade safety not a starting CB.
More like D-. Getting your head around is soph-frosh level.

This. He's such a perfect depth guy. But we've whiffed yet again on having someone competent opposite Sherman.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
What do we expect out of a CB 2? Geez. We might be able to do a bit better, but it's not going to be a shut down guy, naturally.

OP
OP
S

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
quneur":2eygak9z said:
Clearly I'm not saying it's shead's fault for the loss..however..he's not good enough. Got burned in a big play, multiple times this season he could've got his head around and picked a QB. Simple..he's not good enough and we need to draft or get do. I'm worried about our depth

Optimus25

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3ob264h3 said:
What do we expect out of a CB 2? Geez. We might be able to do a bit better, but it's not going to be a shut down guy, naturally.

That's an excellent counter, but I'd say consistency. Shead goes from pretty decent coverage to completely burned at the flip of a switch.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I like Shead; his homegrown story of success is wonderful. I get the impression few have worked harder to get where they are than him.

He's made some plays, but I think what we see may be very close to his ceiling and we should expect more from a starter. He's neither fast nor physical enough to get by with the lack of ball skills he seems to possess (and now a knee issue).

He's a RAF after this season, correct?

Can't see signing him except as cheap insurance while we continue searching for better.

OP
OP
S

ScottishHawk84

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":y7jnsxf9 said:
I like Shead; his homegrown story of success is wonderful. I get the impression few have worked harder to get where they are than him.

He's made some plays, but I think what we see may be very close to his ceiling and we should expect more from a starter. He's neither fast nor physical enough to get by with the lack of ball skills he seems to possess (and now a knee issue).

He's a RAF after this season, correct?

Can't see signing him except as cheap insurance while we continue searching for better.

Agree..good depth signing but not good enough. In the draft we all talk about OL..but I think a long,quick db and a pass rusher is more important

mistaowen

Reaction score
He is good depth. We are missing that. He is not a starter unfortunately especially in a defense where his side will see 75% of the passes

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Shead has not filled in well as the "second" corner. Browner and Maxwell were both better almost considerably than Shead.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
And I gotta say I'm a bit sick of the "extended-finger-wag-show" on the one pass defended every-other game while giving up yards, not playing the ball, missing tackles, missing picks, etc. about 75% of the time.

Latest posts