Good News on the OL

bsuhawk

Reaction score
OL Getting Healthy

It looks like Jason Peters is rounding into shape and played well enough to move Stone Forsythe to the bench. It also looks like Abe Lucas might be available soon. Given the defenses the Hawks will be facing the rest of the year, having a healthy OL is very good news. Now we need Bradford to heal and replace Phil Haynes at right guard and we're good to go. I know there's significant dissatisfaction with Seattle's 6-3 record. However, given that our starting tackles for many of those games were Jake Curhan and Stone Forsythe, I'll take 6-3.

OP
OP
B

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Here's another article.

One thing I noticed during the Washington game was Leonard Williams and Jarran Reed playing DT with Dre'Mont Jones moving outside to Edge. In fact, it was Dre'Mont Jones who was burned on that wheel route by Brian Robinson at the start of the second half. According to Carrol (see article), we should expect to see more of this moving forward. From the perspective of getting your best players on the field, this makes sense. If it means seeing less Frank Clark and Darrell Taylor then I'm all for it.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Darrell confounds me. He has a ton of talent and sometimes he’ll make a really great play. And other times he… Ugh. He’s inconsistent.

bileever

Reaction score
Both Cross and Peters played well on Sunday. (PFF gave Cross a 74.5 grade and Peters 72.3) Peters had the highest pass protection grade on the team at 80.8. (By comparison, Trent Williams has a 74.0 pass blocking grade and Penei Sewell is at 82.8.) Having Peters allows Lucas to wait until he's really ready to come back.