Reason for optimism

VegasPanther

Reaction score
Hey Hawks fans. I sincerely believe that despite today's loss, there are still major reasons for optimism. First of all, your division looks to be putrid for sometime outside of Seattle, especially on the QB front once Palmer retires in AZ. The 49ers give dumpster fires a bad name, and the Rams are a slow build with a new head coach that is going to only be allowed to work half games owing to child labor laws. Thus, I expect you to make the playoffs at least every year for the foreseeable future.

I know that as fans you see more of the week-in, week-out problems with your team than an opposing fan, but I also feel as though each year's team, in the changing NFL, is very much an "edition". When my Panthers lost the Super Bowl last year and moved on to a harder schedule, I expected the kind of season we ended up having this past year. But for all that, the NFL is about winning close games and getting a few bounces, and if you have good ownership, head coaching and quarterback play, you should at least stay relevant. So, just like I expect my Panthers to have more good seasons ahead, I feel even more so about Seattle, because I think your division is more friendly.

Even with your "down year", you were a few key plays away from this being a MUCH closer game, and were a loss to AZ away from this being at home instead of on the road. Just like one can never get too high in this league (hello Denver!), one cannot get too low, especially with the kind of season you had. It is incredible that a second round playoff loss is "average" for you! How many teams can say that?

So, all the best for 2017 - we finally avoid you this coming year! I do feel as though you will be heard from again, and often.

Latest posts