Thank you, Seahawks

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Thank you for punching Denver in the mouth and winning the Super Bowl. I waited 36 seasons for that.

I can't imagine the suffering of the Falcons fan base right now. The arrogant turds that were in our forum before the game against us deserve to wallow, but I know a few really good friends who are dying right now.

It reminded me to be thankful we got it done. Yeah, losing to the Pats crushed...but at least we won one.

seahawksny

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1ytg6ayz said:
Thank you for punching Denver in the mouth and winning the Super Bowl. I waited 36 seasons for that.

I can't imagine the suffering of the Falcons fan base right now. The arrogant turds that were in our forum before the game against us deserve to wallow, but I know a few really good friends who are dying right now.

It reminded me to be thankful we got it done. Yeah, losing to the Pats crushed...but at least we won one.

This was bad... one of worst collapses ever

Reaneypark

Reaction score
I would be out of my mind if I was a Falcons fan. Having that one championship makes such a huge difference!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still can't wrap my mind around that the Falcons lost this game. They DOMINATED the Patriots for 90% of the game. Up 28-3 only to lose in OT???

Thank GOD I'm not a Falcons fan or I would absolutely be losing it tonight.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Aros":26onhycr said:
I still can't wrap my mind around that the Falcons lost this game. They DOMINATED the Patriots for 90% of the game. Up 28-3 only to lose in OT???

+1 that would blow

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I think this game kinda takes away some of the sting from Super Bowl 49 for me, considering how awful that ending was blowing a 25 point lead I think is worse, that would have been unbearable.

It's nice that we no longer hold the worst loss in super bowl history.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3nfa7qo7 said:

Yep, I guess there's one good thing that came out of the game for us 12's tonight.

Aussie Seahawk

Reaction score
Aros (welcome back!) - True, but SB49 will always hurt. I still think... no. never mind. Its all been written before, no point peeling the layers of the endless onion any more. But YES, no-one can take our totally emphatic+++ SB48 win away from us.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":qmvav03o said:
I think this game kinda takes away some of the sting from Super Bowl 49 for me, considering how awful that ending was blowing a 25 point lead I think is worse, that would have been unbearable.

As much as I hate the Patriots, I think this is why I wasn't as mad as I thought I would be last night.

The Falcons pretty much had to do nothing after that amazing catch by Jones. Have Ryan take a knee 3 times and either run time off the clock or force the Pats to use their timeouts. Then have Matt Bryant, a very reliable kicker, kick around a 40 yard field goal and go up 11 with 2 -3 minutes left. But Shanahan tried to get cute and overthought it like Bevell did.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
I tuned in just before halftime, mildly shocked by the score.

But when I saw the yardage and efficiency stats, and that the Falcons were gifted 2 turnovers, I said, "Nope. Pats are gonna win."

Atlanta pulled an anti-Seahawks. Fast start / bumbling, inept finish.

Seafan

Reaction score
I loved that joke on NFL Honors that called the Falcons the Cleveland Browns of the NFL.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aussie Seahawk":1dc45hcx said:
Aros (welcome back!) - True, but SB49 will always hurt. I still think... no. never mind. Its all been written before, no point peeling the layers of the endless onion any more. But YES, no-one can take our totally emphatic+++ SB48 win away from us.

For me it kind of takes some of the sting out of 49. I'm over it and have been for a long time. Of course I periodically have people come up to me and mention it. 2 in a row would have been great. My pain over XL runs much deeper than XLIX. Not sure anything will ever fully heal me on that one.

aredub

Reaction score
I actually feel bad for the Falcons, the game was 28-3 at one point. I can't imagine losing that kind of lead in the Super Bowl. Complete collapse on the biggest stage.

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":1j90u76s said:

Well, hate to bring up more bad memories, but we basically dominated SBXL* in most of the stats. Lost basically on 3 big plays.

:34853_doh:

Seymour

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3w4ujkvi said:

You can't?????????

Perhaps a trip back to 2005 could help your imagination.