Over and underated Seahawks Coaches

chris98251

Reaction score
Over Rated - Cable, this system needs stability, they have had decent level picks and yet he plays musical Chairs constantly with the line. Close second and sniffing his butt Bevell.

Underrated - Kris Richard, nobody talks about his ability to coach up DB's anymore since he has been promoted to DC, which he isn't terrible at but I wish he would take more from the Dan Quinn tree rather then the Gus Bradly one

There ya go Kid a new Thread, the coaches affect on players and their level of proficiency in a system is huge, it's really amazing to watch how some of our players cut go on to be stars or very good starters in other places because of how they were or were not used here.

Seymour

Reaction score
Overrated definitely Cable.

Under would be Ken Norton Jr. because nobody left coaching here is underrated IMO.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Overrated: Bevell, Cable, Flores

Underrated: Quinn, Ken Norton Jr.

Undecided: Richard

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
If we go back in time there are many under rated, Rusty Tillman, off the top of my head comes to mind.

Over rated Dennis Erickson.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Overrated: Tom Cable.
Underrated: Darrell Bevell.

I don't love Bevell, but I think there are much worse OCs in the league (see Rob Boras and the 2016 LA Rams) , and I think that Cable has more to do with our offensive struggles. Plus, when most people rate you as a dumpster fire and you're not a dumpster fire, you're underrated.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2nmlggqf said:
If we go back in time there are many under rated, Rusty Tillman, off the top of my head comes to mind.

Over rated Dennis Erickson.
Good call on Dennis.

Seymour

Reaction score
If we can expand to organization...I would nominate John Schneider as most underrated.

The fact he went through 2011-2014 without being awarded GM of the year is solid proof of no respect / underrated IMO.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I think Kris Richard's "giant body, tiny head" photo is underrated:

richard_kris.jpg

irocdave

Reaction score
Most overrated has to be Tom Flores. I agree with consensus underrated as Ken Norton JR. I think KNjr will be a great D coordinator in the future.

Chuck Knox is the guy that could also be most underrated. He brought respectability to the Seahawk's in the early days. I would place Holmy close to overrated status, except he got the hawks to their first SB. He blew in to town as the big show and dismantled a team that had drug the Hawks out of the decade of shame then left with town with not much more than a whimper.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Underrated: It's hard to say Chuck Knox, because he's highly rated as far as 'Hawks fans go, but he was a solid coach in what was then a brutal division. Under him, we went from a struggling expansion team with a bunch of scrubs to at least competitive and tough-nosed, and baring a couple of bad breaks and luck, what could have been a far earlier trip to the big dance.

Overrated: I'll go ahead and say it. Mike Holmgren. He turned the franchise around, and took us to our first Super Bowl, but around that point in time, his coaching style was being passed by and he didn't have an answer for it. We were a solid team, and the 2005 team was a sight to see, but we were terribly, painfully soft, and it showed. We got punched and we didn't punch back, but wilted under the pressure. So much so that we never recovered during his tenure. And that's on the coaching.

Latest posts