So how did Ifedi do?

Vaclav44

Reaction score
OK, missed seeing the game last night and have read through every post game thread I could find, but don't see anything specifically about how Ifedi did. That makes me hope he was not the glaring turnstile of the first two games. What did you all see?

Thanks,

Vaclav44

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Looked decent. Still makes stupid errors (egregious offsides penalty). He had a noticeably great seal block on one play that broke Lacy free for a good run. He is still young but I do like him and Glow on the right side for power running plays...... so far.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Ifedi actually had somewhat decent run blocking numbers last year, it was his pass protection that was literally last in the league. Plus, I do think he sometimes forgets what he's supposed to be doing but I guess that comes with being young in the league.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
He's coming along.

The O-Line is better than last season's pathetic outing. Don't let the negative Nancy's tell you otherwise.

Question is if it can hold up for a legit playoff run.

50/50 at this point but I'm hopeful...

chris98251

Reaction score
I would call him the CMike of the O line at this point, flashes potential and then boom something stupid.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Negatives:
*He waits way too long to engage and gives up too much ground in pass protection. Almost always. Quick-footed people will push him into RW too often if this isn't improved. Check out the long passes to Kearse and Baldwin.

*He still doesn't move his feet enough, quickly enough. Too much leaning in pass protection--both forward and to the outside.

*He's the weakest link in pass protection. You'll see a lot of Vannett/Willson on his side this year to help. But, he doesn't have to be perfect.

Positives:
*Pad level is improved this year. But part of that is it doesn't need to be as low on the outside.

*He seems to have a better understanding of how to use TE/RB chip help.

*He flashes elite run blocking ability. When he's in position and moving forward, he destroys people. Reminds me of that dude that played right tackle for San Francisco a while back. Davis?

*Generally plays smarter. He's much better at getting a body on someone. He looks lost much less. But, we haven't seen many stunts.

He's the right tackle and he's probably earned it. But if the top negative above isn't improved upon, I think you'll see him benched at some point for Pocic or that new dude from the Eagles. Here's to hoping it clicks.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Biggest negative I see from Ifedi is that he repeats mistakes. Great physical traits, but is often out of position as he doesn't anticipate play development. A stunt really throws him off, and that's pretty basic. Ifedi is still an unrefined player. Needs to put in the tape work to get better.