Some thoughts on the game

Saltshaker

Reaction score
So, I've been a lurker here for a long time, and normally I have my family to vent to when games like this happens but they're off on a vacation without me, so I thought I'd post here.

First off, I just want to say that the defense was very impressive today.

For the front seven, I was surprised with how much interior pressure we were able to get early in the game. Most of that I think was due to Sheldon Richardson just being a total monster, but I also noticed Jarran Reed getting a couple of pressures which was nice to see. As for the linebackers, Garvin made some nice splash plays and Wagner and Wright were tackling machines.

As for the secondary, Earl looked like him old self out there flying all over the field and delivering hits, almost getting an interception. Sherman was Sherman, and Shaq held his own against some very talented receivers. Justin Coleman also looked really good considering he was thrown into the fire after the Lane ejection (more on that later). Kam was a little quiet today, but I don't think he really had a bad game.

Overall for the defense, they played some of the best defense I've seen from them in a while, up until about the fourth quarter when they were gassed from all the time they spent on the field. Green Bay held the ball for almost 40 minutes. That's a crazy advantage in Time of Possession. I think this defense could be on par with the 2013-2014 defense that absolutely dominated people.

I don't even want to talk about the offense.

As for QB play, Wilson, all considering didn't do too bad. He had to have been pressured on like 60% of his dropbacks. I swear... What really sucks, is when Wilson actually had time, he was tearing up their secondary. He just didn't have time.

Chris Carson looks like he did in the preseason, good power, surprising quickness, and he's making decisive cuts. He turned quite a few runs that were blown up into positive gains. Lacey looks slow, although I don't think he ever had any running room. Altogether it's hard to really make up my mind on what I think about the RBs due to the lack of running room. Felt like almost every play was blown up.

Baldwin looked like Baldwin. Paul Richardson had some really impressive clutch catches. I don't even know how Amarah Darboh caught that ball that he ended up being knocked out of bounds on. And Wilson barely overthrew Lockett on what would have been an easy touchdown. Graham seems to be Wilson's favorite safety valve, he did have a key drop that forced a three and out which was disappointing to see.

I didn't know this was possible, but this offensive line might be worse than the one last year. Mike Daniels will be in Glowinski's and Joeckel's nightmares for a while. Same can be said for Clay Mathews and Nick Perry going up against Odhiambo and Ifedi. Didn't look like Britt played all that well either. Felt like Green Bay blitzed a lot, not sure why, didn't look they really needed too. They were consistently getting home with four. The run blocking wasn't much better. The only times there was really any running room was on that 30 yard carry by Carson, and at the end of the first half. What scares me the most, is it didn't look like they were missing assignments, it just looked more like the Seahawks were getting manhandled up front. It's not like Green Bay has a bunch of chumps for defensive lineman, but we will see a better d-line then theirs before the year is out. This line needs to improve.

The officiating was garbage. That was one of the most poorly officiated games I've seen in recent memory. I wouldn't be complaining if it felt like the horrible calls were going both ways. But they weren't. Lane was ejected for a phantom punch. There were 2 phantom block in the back calls. 1 phantom PI call, 1 PI that should've been called. I saw an illegal contact that also should have been called. Not to mention a couple of phantom holding calls. The Referees took 14 points off the board from the Seahawks today. I'm not using the officiating as an excuse as to why the Seahawks lost, but the referees were terrible today.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ET looked great 99% of the time today, but I have to point out that he got out of his deep middle on the touchdown. That said he and the defense were not nearly the problem today.

Oh, and it's Chris...not Zac. Wasn't kid from Clemson last year named Zac something?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Great post Saltshaker. Just a friendly heads up....it's Chris Carson not Zac Carson.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Quit lurking. We need well thought out (dare I say random) thoughts on the Hawks. Quality post.

OP
OP
S

Saltshaker

Reaction score
Zac Carson... What am I thinking??? :lol: :oops:

Thanks for the complements btw. I'll probably start posting more

penihawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":l8uk15dz said:
ET looked great 99% of the time today, but I have to point out that he got out of his deep middle on the touchdown. That said he and the defense were not nearly the problem today.

Oh, and it's Chris...not Zac. Wasn't kid from Clemson last year named Zac something?

Earl never got to the deep middle because Rodgers quick snapped them as they were trying to sub and make the call. ET was amazing today as was most of the D. :)