Sherman

KPA

Reaction score
I’ll be the first to say I love that Sherman is a Seahawk, and I still believe he is the elite CB in this league. Today however he was a liability and after he lost his cool, and put Tennessee is scoring position after 3 penalties on one play (ticky tack PI and holding) then the Unsportsmanlike Conduct. (Even my 7 year old nephew was telling him to quit yelling at the ref). Then attempting to blast Mariotta well out of bounds. Today, was not a shinning example of a future Hall of Famer. I’m not saying to trade of cut him, but he can’t allow his emotions to get the better of him and put the team at a disadvantage. The coaching staff need to get ahold of this immediately because it will start to fester throughout the team and become anarchy which is never good in team sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

semiahmoo

Reaction score
KPA":lk6xrk53 said:
I’ll be the first to say I love that Sherman is a Seahawk, and I still believe he is the elite CB in this league. Today however he was a liability and after he lost his cool, and put Tennessee is scoring position after 3 penalties on one play (ticky tack PI and holding) then the Unsportsmanlike Conduct. (Even my 7 year old nephew was telling him to quit yelling at the ref). Then attempting to blast Mariotta well out of bounds. Today, was not a shinning example of a future Hall of Famer. I’m not saying to trade of cut him, but he can’t allow his emotions to get the better of him and put the team at a disadvantage. The coaching staff need to get ahold of this immediately because it will start to fester throughout the team and become anarchy which is never good in team sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He can't do the things he used to and is acting out as an alternative.

Many of our veteran defensive players are doing similar things though not quite to the extent of Sherman's display today.

It made him look like a total tool.

Sad.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
I think next year will be his last in Seattle. Too expensive to resign, GM and coaches relieved.

rcaido

Reaction score
You guys are nuts. It was real hot and lots of emotions. Both team gave up lots of points. It was just an off game by the seahawks defense.

As for Sherman, as long as we have Thomas I say we keep him. I rather we trade kam. As for KJ Wright I like him but we can probably get someone cheaper. I would get rid of those two before Sherman.

Wilson, Baldwin, Thomas, and Wagner are untouchable.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
You don't get better by trading Sherm. You will not get close to his value back. He needs to control his emotions a TON better than he did today on the field however.

I do not care if he ruffles feathers, or hurts the feelings of underperforming coaches and or radio hacks.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
QB's still seldom test him. So that side of the field is still fairly well protected for the most part.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1ockynj1 said:
You don't get better by trading Sherm. You will not get close to his value back. He needs to control his emotions a TON better than he did today on the field however.

I do not care if he ruffles feathers, or hurts the feelings of underperforming coaches and or radio hacks.

This!

He made a great play on a pass breakup today and can still play at a high level. No, not quite the level he was, but even with the defense aging, these guys at 80% of their former level are better than most others in the league, despite their struggles today.

And if other guys played with Sherman's intensity and fire, we'd be better off. Sherm just needs to throttle back now and then.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread I was okay with it. Maybe it's just me but I was just as pissed at the refs. Granted I was concerned he was gonna kicked out when he kept going. But I'm more irked at the fact that refs seem to have a personal bias against players and even teams

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1xcwrumt said:
Like I said in the other thread I was okay with it. Maybe it's just me but I was just as pissed at the refs. Granted I was concerned he was gonna kicked out when he kept going. But I'm more irked at the fact that refs seem to have a personal bias against players and even teams

There were two occasions last night in which not a single unaffiliated watcher would have been even remotely surprised if they had tossed him, but both times they didn't.

If that's a personal bias against him or the Hawks, it's gotta be the weirdest way to show it possible.

FWIW I think he's getting more grabby as his lateral agility is starting to fail him a little bit. He was doing it last year too but it wasn't clear if it was due to injury or age.

The clearest sign of this I think is that when the Titans went after him it was almost exclusively on dig routes and out routes, which is exactly what you would do to challenge that liability.