It's simple, Bevell must go!!

Hawkfan34

Reaction score
This is all on Hawks management! Schneider and Pete need to can Bevell, he is the real cause of the offensive woes. Bevell has lost his imagination and creativity!
How do you not use Russell's god given talents as well as get Jimmy Graham involved in the offensive scheme more??? It's pathetic.......roll Russell out to either side, this starts the breakdown of the opposing defenses and opens up the short, intermediate and long passing game as well as the read option........COME ON MAN!!

The inept offense is causing the defense to stay on the field too long therefore making them tired and inefficient and susceptible to breakdowns......

jhawk91

Reaction score
Well, at least you got the right forum this time, although you're a tad late on this topic on this site

OP
OP
H

Hawkfan34

Reaction score
I only just signed on this afternoon.......the Hawks are still employing Bevell so I can't be that late lol

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Hawkfan34":2y0gm2y8 said:
I only just signed on this afternoon.......the Hawks are still employing Bevell so I can't be that late lol

Nah, you're THAT late. It's cool tho. Shit, I've come full circle on this particular topic. :D
I'm so....embarrassed by the oline I eased up a bit on The Bevell. A bit.

Welcome aboard, and watch your step.

sutz

Reaction score
Maybe we should have a "Fire Bevell" forum all to itself.

:34853_doh:

edogg23

Reaction score
sutz":2p81ov5i said:
Maybe we should have a "Fire Bevell" forum all to itself.

:34853_doh:
That's a really good idea. :irishdrinkers:

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkfan34":1nyv3c3l said:

We'll be sure to have BevellHawk greet you shortly.

Who hid him and Anthony BTW, this is their primetime?? Miss those 2. :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Three days to start a fire Bevell thread?

You guys are getting slow in your old fire Bevell age.

12thbrah

Reaction score
If I had a nickel for every one of these "Fire Bevell" threads I would have like 10 nickels I think. :0190l:

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
While the O-line is rather offensive, it is Bevell's job to utilize the resources presently available to him in constructing a functional game plan. He seems to gravitate towards a long developing, deep shot offense, which I think is great - however it doesn't appear to be a wise choice given the pieces available - bad O line. I don't have a problem with the deep ball game planning if we had an O line like the Cowboys or Titans have. What Bevell needs to be accountable to is not making the necessary adjustments to be successful with the pieces presently available to him. I'll backtrack a bit in that he has used some up tempo and some quick hitting plays. Those should be the norm until the O line debacle is rectified. A fundamental trait of leadership is being aware of the resources available to you and using them in the most effective means possible.

mikeak

Reaction score
SeahawksEast":2aqo7hov said:
While the O-line is rather offensive, it is Bevell's job to utilize the resources presently available to him in constructing a functional game plan. He seems to gravitate towards a long developing, deep shot offense, which I think is great - however it doesn't appear to be a wise choice given the pieces available - bad O line. I don't have a problem with the deep ball game planning if we had an O line like the Cowboys or Titans have. What Bevell needs to be accountable to is not making the necessary adjustments to be successful with the pieces presently available to him. I'll backtrack a bit in that he has used some up tempo and some quick hitting plays. Those should be the norm until the O line debacle is rectified. A fundamental trait of leadership is being aware of the resources available to you and using them in the most effective means possible.

Yes yes yes - this so many times

It is not a new thing that the O-line sucks. While people should be responsible for that Bevell's responsibility doesn't end there

You move the pocker, roll RW, Play-action, Screen passes, quick passes, hot routes -- so many things that can be done to force the defense to slow down and run around more and get tired. Then you can start hammering the run after you lose them up

But it doesn't align with our slow start motto to keep the pace down ..........

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Firing our offensive coordinator is an interesting idea. Would love to hear what our regular posters' thoughts are on it.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
So who would you like them to hire that is available? And what would the move be if that new OC encountered the same results? Legit questions just haven't seen anyone offer a plan.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Pete likes Bevell and Cable and since PC doesn't answer to JS, neither one is going anywhere anytime soon.

OP
OP
H

Hawkfan34

Reaction score
Jeff Garcia has a brilliant mind for football, he has played at the highest level and is a winner! He would be an incredible replacement for Bevell, all the tools are in place for Garcia to succeed as the Hawk OC......he understands the team concept and has been a great leader in his own right......here is a quote from the man himself.....

“Let’s be honest with each other. As much as I believe and feel that I am capable of leading a team, people don’t want you to be able to take the shortcut,” Garcia continued. “They want you to go through the process. They want you to start as the assistant, they want you to work your way up to the coordinator, they want you to work your way into that head coach position.” Jeff Garcia

Also, Cable is a very good O-Line coach, he just hasn't been given the right talent to make his O-Line the best.......

Just look at how Bevell has utilized one of the top two te's in the game??? Not! this is a crime within itself, Jimmy Graham is a freak but yet Bevell still refuses to make him a go to guy in the scheme.....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2uejie89 said:
Three days to start a fire Bevell thread?

You guys are getting slow in your old fire Bevell age.
Cut him some slack, he's brand new. 8) He'll catch on quick enough.
His Anti-Bevell membership card is in the mail along with our requirements. :lol:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Whether Bevell must go or not is immaterial.

I don't think Pete will fire him or allow him to be released.

I honestly think that Pete knows that Bevell is not capable and worries that he would not be able to get another job at the same level, or even near the same level (in the NFL). And his loyalty to his guys demands that he keep giving Bevell chances - especially with the knowledge that he has loaded the guy down with a threadbare OL.

We are stuck with Bevell until we remove Pete. But I don't think we will accomplish anything with Pete against, precisely because of the Bevell issue.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29bv9k76 said:
Whether Bevell must go or not is immaterial.

I don't think Pete will fire him or allow him to be released.

I honestly think that Pete knows that Bevell is not capable and worries that he would not be able to get another job at the same level, or even near the same level (in the NFL). And his loyalty to his guys demands that he keep giving Bevell chances - especially with the knowledge that he has loaded the guy down with a threadbare OL.

We are stuck with Bevell until we remove Pete. But I don't think we will accomplish anything with Pete against, precisely because of the Bevell issue.
You know, that concept isn't too far fetched. And if that is actually the case, well then that is extremely sad and disappointing.