Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

McDowell to be reassessed (concussion), return not ruled out

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13


  • GO HAWKS!!!

    Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    User avatar
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *
     
    Posts: 15596
    Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 8:46 am


  • Can't say I'm surprised. I think many of us suspected it may have been a concussion that was keeping him sidelined. Sadly though, with these types of longer lasting concussions, it's hard to say how long he'll be out or if he'll return at all. Also makes you wonder about his long term future both in and out of football.

    Hoping for a full recovery soon, whether he plays or not.
    Image

    “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

    :les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    User avatar
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 21558
    Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Was wondering when some news would come out. Makes sense that it was a severe head injury. That can definitely take months to heal.
    I think how things go with Avril will tell us a lot about whether the team will just red shirt McDowell or bring him back. I'm sure McDowell is anxious to get the timer started on his rookie deal so he'll be chomping at the bit.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


  • CHI CHI CHI CHA CHA CHA.......

    Image
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • This is really interesting. I was just looking into Dion Jordan to see when he'd be eligible to return being on NFI and thinking he could be a boost if Avril will miss much more time. McDowell would be an even bigger boost than Jordan possibly...
    User avatar
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1019
    Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:53 pm


  • DJrmb wrote:This is really interesting. I was just looking into Dion Jordan to see when he'd be eligible to return being on NFI and thinking he could be a boost if Avril will miss much more time. McDowell would be an even bigger boost than Jordan possibly...


    Well that depends on whether McDowell has even been able to work out while recovering. If not, he won't be even close to game shape.
    Bummer news about Jefferson breaking his hand in first practice back. DL rotation was a big potential strength this year and we end up with career threatening injuries to 3 guys and Jefferson potentially on IR if we run into numbers crunch.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


  • Even if ready, just let him rest/recover for the year and bring him back with a full training camp without burning a year off his rookie contract. Play it safe.
    massari
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 862
    Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:58 am


  • Even if he came back Monday he would require a month or so to get the defense down, get in football shape and see how fast he picks up things in practice. This is hedging our bets a bit and Pete's optimistic projection.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 21654
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Has to 10 to 1 against returning this year. He a rookie with no training camp who is likely not doing much of anything fitness wise except maybe riding the bike. Pete likely has to chose his words carefully from a rules and legal perspective.

    We should just forget a bout McDowell for 2017. We will be luckeyif he plays in 2018.
    User avatar
    HawkerD
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 400
    Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:33 am
    Location: Covington WA


  • That's great news. From what I was reading on .net he was done playing football.
    Shaq Griffin: 2017 Adopt a Rookie (injury substitution)
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3182
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • chris98251 wrote:Even if he came back Monday he would require a month or so to get the defense down, get in football shape and see how fast he picks up things in practice. This is hedging our bets a bit and Pete's optimistic projection.

    Just happy he will be playing football. Imagine him playing with Richardson? Two inside/out like Calias Campbell type DT's.....? Those type of players are almost as hard to get as franchise quarterbacks or elite LT' s.
    Last edited by Josea16 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 933
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • chris98251 wrote:Even if he came back Monday he would require a month or so to get the defense down, get in football shape and see how fast he picks up things in practice. This is hedging our bets a bit and Pete's optimistic projection.


    It’s a significant statement from the silence before where people were left to guess if he was physically or mentally irreparable.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12330
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Even if he came back Monday he would require a month or so to get the defense down, get in football shape and see how fast he picks up things in practice. This is hedging our bets a bit and Pete's optimistic projection.


    It’s a significant statement from the silence before where people were left to guess if he was physically or mentally irreparable.


    I would agree, it's something more than nothing.

    I'm left wondering why they even released a statement all the sudden after so much silence? Could be a good sign of it's own hopefully.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2500
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • This D line is already coming together with richarson. If they can get clark to play some games before the playoffs it could get GOAT level.
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2129
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • So, a quick question - who among you have had a concussion of any kind, and who's had a serious one? I'm trying to decide who to listen to from their own perspective, to compare with my own experience. Not those who have been told about how it is by others. That's just hearsay.
    User avatar
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc
     
    Posts: 5879
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:29 pm
    Location: Orting WA, Great Northwet


  • RussB wrote:This D line is already coming together with richarson. If they can get clark to play some games before the playoffs it could get GOAT level.

    I think you mean McDowell? Clark is playing and doing well.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 933
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • HawkerD wrote:Has to 10 to 1 against returning this year. He a rookie with no training camp who is likely not doing much of anything fitness wise except maybe riding the bike. Pete likely has to chose his words carefully from a rules and legal perspective.

    We should just forget a bout McDowell for 2017. We will be luckeyif he plays in 2018.

    Yeah, Luke Kuechly says different but keep on being negative at every possible chance you have. At least it's predictable and boring.

    So it doesn't make me mad at you or put you on ignore. Just expected which is like being on a woman's friends list congratulations.

    It's obvious he will play the actual question is will it be this year? Personally I hope we have enough in place this year to sit him healthy or not.
    Josea16
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 933
    Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 am


  • Josea16 wrote:
    RussB wrote:This D line is already coming together with richarson. If they can get clark to play some games before the playoffs it could get GOAT level.

    I think you mean McDowell? Clark is playing and doing well.

    Yea meant him lol, just a typo
    Image
    User avatar
    RussB
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2129
    Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:42 pm
    Location: Spokane, WA


  • GeekHawk wrote:So, a quick question - who among you have had a concussion of any kind, and who's had a serious one? I'm trying to decide who to listen to from their own perspective, to compare with my own experience. Not those who have been told about how it is by others. That's just hearsay.


    I've had a grade 3 concussion as a youth riding a dirt bike. Totally obliterated a helmet so I'd probably be dead now without it.
    This was in an era where nothing was known about minor head injuries, so I don't recall have any problems other than being foggy for a couple days.

    But I've seen countless patients with concussions and I've learned a few things:
    1) recovery is extremely variable from one person to the next
    2) self inflicted head injuries heal significantly better than those caused by someone else
    3) the more concussions you've had, the more persistent the symptoms become
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 101
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am




It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information