Bush concussion

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Is he really? I guess he is going to play ahead of Wagner and brooks once he is fully back. Give me a break! Coming from a guy who hates the best player in Seahawks history and already likes a guy who hasn't played one meaningful snap for the Seahawks more than russ. This is a joke right? Really important piece of the d. As a rotational lb? Maybe you mean as a special teams contributor. Oh...no...you said important piece of our defense..hmmm.

Your really think he starts over brooks? Brooks who came off 184 and 161 tackle seasons? You have to be kidding.

I hope he plays well for us...when he gets in...you are just pushing though.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Is he really? I guess he is going to play ahead of Wagner and brooks once he is fully back. Give me a break! Coming from a guy who hates the best player in Seahawks history and already likes a guy who hasn't played one meaningful snap for the Seahawks more than russ. This is a joke right? Really important piece of the d. As a rotational lb? Maybe you mean as a special teams contributor. Oh...no...you said important piece of our defense..hmmm.

Your really think he starts over brooks? Brooks who came off 184 and 161 tackle seasons? You have to be kidding.

Bro, wtf?

Bush was slated to start ahead of Brooks with Brooks coming off of knee surgery or at least see significant snaps. And who knows how long Brooks be around.

I didn't say I thought he was better than anyone. And since you claim to know my feelings so well, you should know that I was and am one of Brooks's biggest advocates.

And who exactly do I hate? Save the childish fanboism hate for someone else. Objective, unbiased football analysis isn't hate. Nor is calling out unprofessional BS.

This post is about a player who is injured and who was brought in to fortify our interior against the reasonable probability that one of our two starters would go down. You want to argue that THAT guy isn't important, go ahead.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Read further guy...I said I hope he plays well. Because unlike you I cheer for all player on my team. I'm glad you like brooks, but if you did so much then why haven't you seen they brought him off pup?

Lagartixa

Reaction score

I can think of five players who might deserve the title of "best player in Seahawks history," but I haven't seen anyone on this site express hate for Largent, Tez, Walter Jones, Easley, or Bobby Wagner.

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
Read further guy...I said I hope he plays well. Because unlike you I cheer for all player on my team. I'm glad you like brooks, but if you did so much then why haven't you seen they brought him off pup?
Ok, 'guy'. Clear this conversation isn't worth continuing. I saw they brought him off pup the hour they did it. Anybody who knows the Hawks this year understands that depth at ILB and the interior line is our weak link. Apparently to you, we are perfectly fine with an aging HOFer (older players get injured) and a starter coming off of a serious knee injury.
Pete saying ' I can't imagine him [Brooks]not being on the field week 1...' is classic Pete optimism. It would be foolish to assume Brooks could just jump in and pick up a starters workload week 1. And it would be foolish for the Hawks to put him in that position. Same with Adams. So again. Bush needs to play a starter role when he's there. We didn't sign him to be a Rhattigan or Burr Kirvin or O'Connell. They are clear depth pieces and their combined contract numbers for 2023 don't add up to what Seattle gave Bush for the year. And i'm guessing this is news to you, but he was signed before Wagner was a certainty and before they had any idea whether or not Brooks would be back. He was signed, in their eyes, to be a starter. Good for us if our regulars are on the field.

Newsflash - You can have more than 1 starter at a position. We have 3 starters at safety for only 2 spots. We have more starters at CB than slots. If Bush is the player he was pre injury, then we have 3 starters at ILB.

But you knew that already.

LTH

Reaction score

Not the kind of thing you want to see from a starting linebacker. Hopefully it doesn't become a recurring thing and he gets back soon. He's going to be an important piece of our D.
I listened to Carroll's PC and he totally minimized it as no big deal. I guess we will find out soon enough how serious it is.

LTH

OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
I listened to Carroll's PC and he totally minimized it as no big deal. I guess we will find out soon enough how serious it is.

LTH
Fingers crossed. Bush seemed to have a nice, if quiet, preseason. Would be huge if he could solidify the middle with Brooks and Bobby.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score

Um…odd reaction to OP. Why is Russ even part of this discussion? He’s not a hawk and Bush has potential to start and fill a glaring need. Maybe a deep breath and step away from the KB for a minute.

LTH

Reaction score
Fingers crossed. Bush seemed to have a nice, if quiet, preseason. Would be huge if he could solidify the middle with Brooks and Bobby.
To be honest I was surprised Bush played as much as he did in the kast game... I would thought Carroll would have protected. That first string. I mean if there was a question of a player winning a position battle then I could understand, I don't think that was the case. I thought Carroll had managed this preseason very well but that one I don't understand. Maybe there was a reason I didn't know about?

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
Is he really? I guess he is going to play ahead of Wagner and brooks once he is fully back. Give me a break! Coming from a guy who hates the best player in Seahawks history
And you were referring to? Below are the eligible players, who were you talking about?

By HOF:
The Seattle Seahawks have five players in the Pro Football Hall of Fame:
Kenny Easley: Inducted in 2017
Steve Hutchinson: Inducted in 2020
Walter Jones: Has many accolades from his time with the Seahawks
Cortez Kennedy: In the Hall of Fame
Steve Largent: The first Seahawk to be elected to the Hall of Fame in 1995

By league MVP
Shaun Alexander

By first team All-pro
PlayerPosAP1First-team All-Pro Years
Bobby WagnerILB62014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Walter JonesT42001, 2004, 2005, 2007
Cortez KennedyDT31992, 1993, 1994
Earl ThomasDB32012, 2013, 2014
Kenny EasleyDB31983, 1984, 1985
Richard ShermanDB32012, 2013, 2014
Steve LargentWR11985
Steve HutchinsonG22003, 2005
Fredd YoungLB11987
Marshawn LynchRB12012
Lofa TatupuLB12007
Shaun AlexanderRB12005
Max UngerC12012
Chad BrownLB11998
Mack StrongFB12005
Tyler LockettWR12015
Patrick KerneyDE12007
Norm JohnsonK11984
Joe NashNT-DT11984
Michael DicksonP12018

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
To be honest I was surprised Bush played as much as he did in the kast game... I would thought Carroll would have protected. That first string. I mean if there was a question of a player winning a position battle then I could understand, I don't think that was the case. I thought Carroll had managed this preseason very well but that one I don't understand. Maybe there was a reason I didn't know about?

LTH
Some Pittsburg based media reported that Bush was on the verge from not being able to make our roster.

Reactions: LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Interesting... what are your thoughts about his play?

toffee

Reaction score
I discounted the Pittsburg article until Pete played him in game 3, and kept playing him the whole game.

LTH

Reaction score
Yeah... well that would explain it.. funny how I missed that from Gregg Bell..I thought Bush was playing well... guess that shows how much I know LMAO!!

pmedic920

Reaction score
Lol.
They say there’s one in every crowd.

I’m not exactly sure what “one” means in the context, but it appears to be holding true up in here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like what I've seen from him. He's a pretty versatile player. Luckily, we have 13 days before week 1. Would be a bummer to not have him available week 1.
Couldn't care less how he played in Pitts, he's playing well here.

sutz

Reaction score
From what I read, Bush wasn't moved because of "bad play." I thought that he got injured and was then squeezed out by other guys and became an extra guy they didn't need. I thought the fans there were sorry to see him go.