Great Win

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Defense got their butts handed to them early but recovered beautifully. Great Redzone defense.

Offense did just enough, we played conservative when needed, which is pretty typical of our style. I know many of us prefer to blow teams out. But I think it's great the offense put up points early and was great in time of possession for at least 3 quarters

What are your takeaways from the game?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The thing about when this team was in the 2013 season that made the biggest difference was turnovers. If they can keep getting those with a good differential, it doesn't matter as much when the offense craps the bad. The running game difficulties are disconcerting, but more turnovers will make things much easier.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":3q03k4it said:
Kryptonite, schmiptonite. We got THAT monkey off our back.

Division opponent, on the road. Tough game.

The Rams look good in a lot of ways. But the idea that the Seahawks were tanked and the Rams were awesome is premature. We still have no idea how things will shake out.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I think this win proves at least one fact...
...every game is different but the Hawks stay the same!

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Very big win. Any win on the road is great, but against our chief division contender--it doesn't get much better than that. That tips the division into our favor for the first time this season, and prevents LA from getting a tie-breaker over us.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Regardless of how the rest of the season goes, punching the Rams in the face like this is awesome. They were riding high as could be and then the questionable Seahawks came into town and ruined their lives.

OP
OP
Scorpion05

Scorpion05

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":15j8jotb said:
Very big win. Any win on the road is great, but against our chief division contender--it doesn't get much better than that. That tips the division into our favor for the first time this season, and prevents LA from getting a tie-breaker over us.

Totally agree

ivotuk

Reaction score
HUGE win! #1 offense being run by #1 overall pick.

Rams defense is NASTY. Michael Brockers, Aaron Donald, Robert Quinn, Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron, just to name a few.

hawk45

Reaction score
Road win vs the division leaders is enough.

Doing it with some fun big plays I get to yell at my TV about? I feel I've been entertained as well as notching the win.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Aw Mang":385nyl7d said:
Take away: offense is still inept.

My take away is that the play-calling is getting better. Bevell called a mostly-decent game, against a team with a monstrous defensive line and a great coordinator in Wade Phillips.

We came out on top, on the road, against a so-far prolific offense and team with great momentum. I am pleased.

The execution needs to improve. If we can complete those short passes to grind the clock down at the end of the game, there wouldn't have been any drama to begin with.