Quick Take vs Giants

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think we can all agree phenomenal job by the defense today.

I think we can all agree that special teams came to play today as well.

My take on the offense...we looked so much better from the very first Drive. Offensive line played the best they have all year. Not perfect by any means but a solid performance against a good Giants front. Graham had a rough first half making this game much closer than it needed to be. Baldwin was his usual amazing self getting us 1st downs and a score. My biggest surprise though would go to Rawls. Sure he had the fumble that basically cost us 7 but I don't really blame him for that one. He had some really good runs in the second half.

Biggest issue besides dropped passes IMO was the penalties. We had way too many.

Finally....we are 4-2 and that is 1 game out of the NFC lead and we seem to be getting better.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Clean up the “stupid” mistakes and finish the season just like that.

When the D & STs play like that, we can live with a middle of the road O.

GoHawks.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Agree, looked better. I think the “too many penalties” reflects the reffing crew since the Giants got nailed for a bunch too.

For a road game I’ll take it. Hope there weren’t too many injuries.

Houston should be interesting. Watson has been amazing with his legs but I’m not sure he’s faced our speed on D. And the 12’s will bring the noise. Rookies often struggle at CLink. And we have enough tape on Watson to make a plan.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I almost don't know what to do with this kind of positive and optimistic post rooted in reality of a well-played game, and a fairly complete game, at that.

Special Teams coverage and rush was fun to watch. I appreciate Thorpe's speed and Alexander's experience.

How fun was it to watch Russ throwing darts to Doug? And several good runs, with shining plays by McKissic, too.

Ifedi needs more discipline, and the penalties were rather pathetic, but overall, the line gave Russ more time, especially in the 2nd half when the Giants were already whooped.

Great win today.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
We had some silly mistakes and drops. A much better team probably makes us pay for it

But overall solid performance. This is a top 10 offense when they actually have it together without the miscues. What I am encouraged by is the versatility of our RBs. Lacy shouldn't be starting however but I guess he has a steady veteran presence. I miss Carson

As for Rawls, meh. He was okay. His vision and his burst isn't what it used to be imo

Good win, can't wait for the Texans

Optimus25

Reaction score
Scorpion05":386td2cr said:
We had some silly mistakes and drops. A much better team probably makes us pay for it

But overall solid performance. This is a top 10 offense when they actually have it together without the miscues. What I am encouraged by is the versatility of our RBs. Lacy shouldn't be starting however but I guess he has a steady veteran presence. I miss Carson

As for Rawls, meh. He was okay. His vision and his burst isn't what it used to be imo

Good win, can't wait for the Texans

I agree about rawls. I'm over that experiment. I am praying for cj to get there so we can unleash him and jd relentlessly. But cj seems set on making that complete fantasy for me.

But with a healthy cj i see no reason to play rawls except for garbage time personally.

edogg23

Reaction score
Even though the score didn’t reflect in the first half due to drops, this was a different team offensively this week. Russ actually had some plays were he threw from the pocket to open receivers. Well done guys!

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'm pretty much done complaining about anything. I didn't get to watch but it I listened though and it seems like we just...did what we do. I'm actually resigned to the fact that this is exactly who we are. I'm gonna be surprised when we do score before the 2min mark of the 1st half. We get shit DONE though!

sutz

Reaction score
Well, we did have that 8 minute drive in the first half. Blew it on 4th and 1, but it still gave the D some time to check strategy and rest. We pretty much gassed their D by mid-way through the 3rd. Sure, could have used more points, but it was still a great drive.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Great post, straight to the key and most important points. Most of the bad stuff is easily fixable with more focus and discipline. Inside the 10 seems to still be an evident weakness, not sure what the coaches need to fix but it should be discussed ad nauseam in their round tables.

Otherwise, this team is really starting to look solid. Solid Defense all around, solid Special teams play all around and an offense that converted on 3rd downs, had solid O-line play and continually flipped the field. Many of these things are beat to death on this forum and has driven many to banshee screaming. There should be some relief here.

We are getting better each week, this is different than being inconsistent like the past couple seasons have been.

mikeak

Reaction score
edogg23":lurlj7hv said:
Even though the score didn’t reflect in the first half due to drops, this was a different team offensively this week. Russ actually had some plays were he threw from the pocket to open receivers. Well done guys!

Agree 100%

Bobblehead

Reaction score
My quick take is it will be a waste of a great defense if our offense can't hold it's end up. We gotta get OL help.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1r9m5k0s said:
My quick take is it will be a waste of a great defense if our offense can't hold it's end up. We gotta get OL help.

OL has made a significant jump in play as a unit. Not to insult but did you watch the game, specifically the O-line? It is nothing spectacular but nothing like the past two seasons. Key thing too is they have gotten better every week this season. They are at the very least serviceable right now and I am willing to see if they keep getting better.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3damnu3q said:
Bobblehead":3damnu3q said:

OL has made a significant jump in play as a unit. Not to insult but did you watch the game, specifically the O-line? It is nothing spectacular but nothing like the past two seasons. Key thing too is they have gotten better every week this season. They are at the very least serviceable right now and I am willing to see if they keep getting better.

Umm I saw us struggle early on against a exhausted 1-5 team. Don't let a good performance against a bottom 5 team give you illusions of any thing different. We have seen this before only to come down and hit the turf harder than that Collin's hit on Lockett.

evergreen

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1i1peho9 said:
seahawkfreak":1i1peho9 said:
Bobblehead":1i1peho9 said:

Umm I saw us struggle early on against a exhausted 1-5 team. Don't let a good performance against a bottom 5 team give you illusions of any thing different. We have seen this before only to come down and hit the turf harder than that Collin's hit on Lockett.
That team just went and beat the broncos in Denver. And we won on the east coast too. Don't rain on my parade.

hawk45

Reaction score
The giant D is horrible and their O worse.
Only reason I give credit to the OL for actual improvement is that we have seen them be awful against awful defenses. They got push all game long and protected all game long. If we still had Carson we might have had a chance at a 100 yard rusher I think. Without Carson we still managed to threaten enough to make our passing work.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1pnn9tit said:
seahawkfreak":1pnn9tit said:
Bobblehead":1pnn9tit said:

I don't think "struggle early on against a[n] exhausted 1-5 team" makes to much sense, specifically the highlighted words. Our struggles in the first half had nothing to do with the OL play. And no, I have not seen this before. In the past two seasons I have seen nothing but incompetent O-Line play with constant player turnover and total regression. That is not what I have seen so far this year and hopefully improvement continues, it may not, but at least for now things are positive.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":86z0bf6m said:
Bobblehead":86z0bf6m said:
seahawkfreak":86z0bf6m said:
Bobblehead":86z0bf6m said:

I don't think "struggle early on against a[n] exhausted 1-5 team" makes to much sense, specifically the highlighted words. Our struggles in the first half had nothing to do with the OL play. And no, I have not seen this before. In the past two seasons I have seen nothing but incompetent O-Line play with constant player turnover and total regression. That is not what I have seen so far this year and hopefully improvement continues, it may not, but at least for now things are positive.

Well I hope your right, I'm just so tired of thinking we've come around only to find out, that wasn't the case. We will see.

Latest posts