DE Dwight Freeney will visit the Seahawks tomorrow

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
:hmmmm: :3-1:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/922631879777538049[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DanGrazianoESPN/status/922632717682036736[/tweet]

Polk738

Reaction score
The guy is 37, even if they do sign him-how effective can he still be?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
If there comes a situation, where we absolutely need pressure on the QB, we put him in and let him go all out for several plays a game. If he succeeds.. it was worth it.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Dwight Freeney would bring in a HoF career of expertise, even if he's far from the prime of his career... guys like Clark, Jackson, Smith and Jefferson... whom all are young can learn from him. Bennett as well seems like the type of player who wouldn't mind picking Freeney's brain.

A-Dog

Reaction score
Last season he had 4 sacks, which is the same amount of sacks Cassius Marsh has for his entire career.

Give this guy 10-15 snaps on obvious passing downs and he can make a difference. Obvious passing downs right now are the weakest part of the Seahawks defense, with all the 3rd-and-long conversions they've allowed. Freeney won't cost much, would be a great vet to have in the locker room, will be fresh, and probably still has enough left in the tank for one more title run.

Do it.

Josea16

Reaction score
Why not give it shot his spin move is a thing of beauty.

chris98251

Reaction score
The way we use DE's, just being on the field if he is in shape will make LT's jump and he should be able to own most RT's still just on experience, he won't be a 30 snap guy probably, more like 15 to keep him fresh and to spell our regulars. That and a few weeks showing Clark and Jackson some of his technique and study habits can only help.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":35z96tur said:
The way we use DE's, just being on the field if he is in shape will make LT's jump and he should be able to own most RT's still just on experience, he won't be a 30 snap guy probably, more like 15 to keep him fresh and to spell our regulars. That and a few weeks showing Clark and Albert some of his technique and study habits can only help.
Who's Albert? Agree with you especially since he'd be cheap and replaceable if it didn't work out.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":owv3mtm5 said:
chris98251":owv3mtm5 said:
The way we use DE's, just being on the field if he is in shape will make LT's jump and he should be able to own most RT's still just on experience, he won't be a 30 snap guy probably, more like 15 to keep him fresh and to spell our regulars. That and a few weeks showing Clark and Albert some of his technique and study habits can only help.
Who's Albert? Agree with you especially since he'd be cheap and replaceable if it didn't work out.

Your right I meant Jackson, been looking at to many rosters lately.

Corrected the original post :)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I liked what Kevin Williams did for the team in 2014. If Freeney can produce close to anything like that, even on a rotational basis, it would be a win for us. Don't know if he can still do it but the guy has a spin move granted by the gods.

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":24328v54 said:
Josea16":24328v54 said:
chris98251":24328v54 said:

Ok Chris, I wasn't trying to give you a bad time. I just have no clue who Albert or Jackson is.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":ytt1ut85 said:
Dwight Freeney would bring in a HoF career of expertise, even if he's far from the prime of his career... guys like Clark, Jackson, Smith and Jefferson... whom all are young can learn from him. Bennett as well seems like the type of player who wouldn't mind picking Freeney's brain.

Beat me to it.

I'm ok with this move if it works out like a player/coach thing. Freeney can probably coach our younger guys up. Other than that, I'm not sure how he even makes it through one of our practices at 37.

chris98251

Reaction score
Josea16":1wsjwjgv said:
chris98251":1wsjwjgv said:
Josea16":1wsjwjgv said:
chris98251":1wsjwjgv said:

Ok Chris, I wasn't trying to give you a bad time. I just have no clue who Albert or Jackson is.

Jackson was the cut we picked up from Oakland two weeks ago.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
01142017 HoxFalxAdds4 640x427
Russell Wilson gets chased down by Falcons defensive end Dwight Freeney in the second half of a divisional playoff game against Atlanta last season. (Bettina Hansen / The Seattle Times)

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":71dwnfff said:
01142017 HoxFalxAdds4 640x427
Russell Wilson gets chased down by Falcons defensive end Dwight Freeney in the second half of a divisional playoff game against Atlanta last season. (Bettina Hansen / The Seattle Times)

Not sure that he has the focus to do it anymore.

nwgamer

Reaction score
Dwight played under a 1 mil contract last season and coached up all of DQ's guys. I read and article which talked about Vic Beasley over there in ATL who talked up Dwight's mentoring as one of the prime reasons he was doing so well at 15.5 sacks last year. Dwight apparently excels at mentoring and it would be a fantastic pick up for us.

He grabbed the ATL guys I guess last year and held an impromptu clinic with them after practice where they ate and he shared techniques etc with the DLmen.