Pete, You're not a Running Team

Smellyman

Reaction score
Quit trying to fit square pegs in round holes. The strength is RW and the receivers. The oline/RBs, 0 yards and a cloud of dust isn't working.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Too many run plays (negative plays) for Eddie Lacy. It wasn't working and they kept going to him. The run game was non-existent. Good thing they have DangeRuss to make up for it.

getnasty

Reaction score
I disagree were not going anywhere without a run game. I'm not saying were a run team but we need to be way better then that.

OP
OP
Smellyman

Smellyman

Reaction score
We are not a run first team. Play to strengths not weaknesses.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Every run with Lacy is a wasted play. They need to just cut bait and bring up a young, hungry guy from a practice squad.

edogg23

Reaction score
They need to do 2 things.
1. Embrace that they are a passing team. The good news is that P-Rich has emerged as a stud to go with Baldwin, Lockette and Graham.

2 whatever they are doing now in the running game, scrap it and do the opposite. If they are zone blocking then power block, because they literally could not be any worse at running the football.

chris98251

Reaction score
They need a run game, you all that say screw it and just become pass happy can go watch old Miami games and Saints games without a run game, great to watch but when you get to the playoffs you will have your one and done against teams that know a defense and running are important.

They need to be adaptable, they do not have the bodies at RB now to use a ZBS style run game, either not big and powerful enough to break initial tackles or to slow, Additionally the O line is not quick enough to get where they need to be and to long. They need to go to the power run drive blocking methods and pull guards to lead block edges.

Our stubbornness with the ZBS and not adapting to our personal has been our biggest run game killers, other then the edge today the pass blocking looked a lot better, very little push up the middle a lot more coming off the edges. Clowney was owning Ree's as he really probably should, also on the far edge against Ifedi. Yet his pocket was cleaner then most games so far.

rcaido

Reaction score
Running game eats up clock time & keeps the other teams honest. I've given up on Rawls. Lacy at least blocks for Wilson. Maybe they should have done more running plays with Locket like they did against the giants.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I wonder if the Panthers would trade Jonathan Stewart. They lack in the secondary so maybe they would be open to acquiring Lane. While Stewart isn't the best back, he's leagues ahead of Rawls or Lacy. Sounds like he's not getting as much plays in Carolina due to McCaffrey.

edogg23

Reaction score
hawkfan68":25ugfge0 said:
I wonder if the Panthers would trade Jonathan Stewart. They lack in the secondary so maybe they would be open to acquiring Lane. While Stewart isn't the best back, he's leagues ahead of Rawls or Lacy. Sounds like he's not getting as much plays in Carolina due to McCaffrey.
It’s not the running back, it’s our scheme. Look at Collins running for the ravens. The last thing this team needs is another running back.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
They definitely need to work on the running game. But even if you are not a running team you need the threat of a possible run. They were playing heavy defense against the run so we torched them in the air. Play-action worked for us in several plays. If we never tried any running plays then play-action would be useless. We need to improve that part of our game but you can never give up on the run totally.

edogg23

Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is saying never run the ball again. We are saying pass to set up the run, and change your running game.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I miss Carson. I still don't think he would be successful as things stand though.

CPHawk

Reaction score
edogg23":urwj2fbe said:
hawkfan68":urwj2fbe said:
It’s not the running back, it’s our scheme. Look at Collins running for the ravens. The last thing this team needs is another running back.

Collins was better than both Rawls and Lacy in the pre season though, but because they had just paid Lacy and Rawls was good for a few games once they kept them.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I don't think anything will happen with the run game if we don't fix our OL first.
Did anyone notice that play with Rawls.. takes a step left and slammed, That is our run game.
I don't think bringing any RB's in would change a thing, case and point, look how well the much maligned Alex Collin was.. sucked here.. looks great elsewhere. I wonder how good Carson or Rawls could be elsewhere.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
CPHawk":35pu4zzr said:
edogg23":35pu4zzr said:
hawkfan68":35pu4zzr said:

Collins was better than both Rawls and Lacy in the pre season though, but because they had just paid Lacy and Rawls was good for a few games once they kept them.

LOL.. they played AC against players who arn't even playing in this league right now.

Steve2222

Reaction score
getnasty":2uqv2rju said:
I disagree were not going anywhere without a run game. I'm not saying were a run team but we need to be way better then that.

I disagree. Why do we have to be a run a team?

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Can we cut Rawls and Lacy? These are scrap heap type guys. Bring up Mike Davis, see if we can get a spark from someone else. Clearly these guys aren’t cutting it.

Today killed any hope I had for Rawls. He is done.