Is Wilson becoming the #1 long ball QB? Sure seems like it.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
When he gets a little space away from the line Wilson has some of the most beautifully accurate long ball throws in the league. This is the second game in a row he was allowed to be unleashed a bit and RW has proven himself more than capable.

Remarkable arm that manages to remain very accurate from 30+ yards out.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2o6u3ilm said:
When he gets a little space away from the line Wilson has some of the most beautifully accurate long ball throws in the league. This is the second game in a row he was allowed to be unleashed a bit and RW has proven himself more than capable.

Remarkable arm that manages to remain very accurate from 30+ yards out.
That depends on which Quarter we are in :stirthepot:

xStickybudz

Reaction score
He sure did start throwing some pin point deep balls in that fourth quarter

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
And this isn't the first time.

They need to get him away from the line more often, send the receivers out, and trust in Wilson's ability to deliver long.

He's really developing into a very dangerous long ball threat and given our crappy running game, we're going to need that if we are to make a serious run into the playoffs.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":w0wximg5 said:
He already is and had been for a while.

No, seems he's been allowed to throw it long far more often of late.

I'm liking the move. A lot.

Cc5674

Reaction score
Great win but a little concerning that the Hawks are so one dimensional. Those 50/50 balls are pretty when the home team catches them but call them what you want they are still just 50/50 balls. You don’t win championships with prayers. Seahawks win formula is run the ball and play good defense. Neither happened today but still got the win. Don’t see a championship caliber team out there based on what it took in the past but who knows the NFL is a really strange place in 2017.

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Cc5674":3no6pry0 said:
Great win but a little concerning that the Hawks are so one dimensional. Those 50/50 balls are pretty when the home team catches them but call them what you want they are still just 50/50 balls. You don’t win championships with prayers. Seahawks win formula is run the ball and play good defense. Neither happened today but still got the win. Don’t see a championship caliber team out there based on what it took in the past but who knows the NFL is a really strange place in 2017.

Totally agree the team has some serious deficiencies but giving RW some more opportunity to let it fly isn't one of them.

And I'm liking this receiving crew right now. They seem to have taken on Baldwin's simmering persona which is a good thing.

The Hawks are getting some swagger back. I like it.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3b54pcn8 said:
FlyHawksFly":3b54pcn8 said:

During the Colts game there was an advanced stat that pointed out that he has the best deep ball in the league, over the shoulder throws specifically. I know recency bias is a thing (when he struggles for example some on this board claim he can't read defenses) but he's had an ELITE long ball for a while

hawk45

Reaction score
Wilson is a monster throwing deep when he gets protection. And I mean semi-consistent protection. Not games where he's getting the crap kicked out of him but gets one single play with a bit of time and he gets jumped on for being inaccurate.

You can knock the guy for the short passing IMO but not the downfield passing.

Josea16

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2i2dvumy said:
Correct. Give him half decent protection like today and you get exactly what you saw today. Imagine if he had a running game like Prescott or Watson both are good but neither are in Wilson's zip code.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Cc5674":2tfliw0j said:

Not at all true. If they were 50/50 balls, you'd expect them to only be caught by our team 1/2 the time, and intercepted more often than they are.

Time to douse your unrealistic pessimism in a healthy dose of reality. We threw and caught a LOT of long balls today.

:2thumbs:

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Didn't advanced stats show he was also good at short passes? I don't remember

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Cc5674":38h0pqet said:

More than a little concerning. One dimensional teams don't fare well when good teams figure them out. This team needs a run game to keep defenses honest. If a run game doesn't develop soon, things are going to get tough for the passing game.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Just a couple of games ago they put up the stats that he has the best deep ball completion percentage OVER EVERY QB IN THE LEAGUE. This is pointed out all the time and has been that way since he was a rookie.

Judas Priest what does it take for his own fans to get a clue.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
^ Exactly^

If frequency was lacking early this year the singular reason was inconsistent protection.

erik2690

Reaction score
semiahmoo":2ppw42l1 said:
FlyHawksFly":2ppw42l1 said:

I might be wrong but I think he means that according to most if not all rating sites/people I've ever seen RW has had one of the most accurate deep balls since he came into the league. Not #1 in terms of volume, I don't know those stats, but in terms of accuracy I've consistently seen him high on those lists.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
erik2690":22huddzl said:
semiahmoo":22huddzl said:
FlyHawksFly":22huddzl said:

I might be wrong but I think he means that according to most if not all rating sites/people I've ever seen RW has had one of the most accurate deep balls since he came into the league. Not #1 in terms of volume, I don't know those stats, but in terms of accuracy I've consistently seen him high on those lists.

^yeah dat right thurrr

His deep shots are like laser guided missiles. The bomb to Tanner. That deep sideline throw to Tyler. He is a monster!

OP
OP
S

semiahmoo

Reaction score
erik2690":1muznac7 said:
semiahmoo":1muznac7 said:
FlyHawksFly":1muznac7 said:

Exactly. He's always been able to throw the deep ball but now it seems he's being allowed to do so more often.

Let him go - unleash Wilson! He's got an amazing arm. I'll give up the occasional interception for that consistent deep ball threat especially with our tepid running game.