Lets just be done with Rawls!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Last week.... fumble, impatient runs....this week dropped pass in the endzone, cutblock takes away a TD, and -1 yard. You think that guy getting 7ypc because he looks so wild when he runs. Then you realize it was a 1 yard gain. He is by far and away our worst RB. Doesn't block well, cant catch, fumbles. Yet everyone gives him a break over Lacy because of 1/2 a year of success 2 years ago with us. Time to move on. Rawls is bad yet nobody calls it out. He needs to be inactive.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd love to be done with Rawls, but we can't let him go until bubble boy Prosise can play more than two plays in a row without hurting himself.

I honestly thought Rawls would snap out of this funk he's in, but he's doing a Christian Michael, and just regressing worse and worse as the weeks go along.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He has the talent but he lacks patience. He gets so wound up he works himself into a lather and right out of a play.

It worked his rookie year but you can't sustain that lack of patience. I am not ready to give up on him just yet but he needs to calm the heck down and focus. Otherwise he is just dead weight.

Oh and btw? #cutlacey

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Aros":hbc1zafy said:
He has the talent but he lacks patience. He gets so wound up he works himself into a lather and right out of a play.

It worked his rookie year but you can't sustain that lack of patience. I am not ready to give up on him just yet but he needs to calm the heck down and focus. Otherwise he is just dead weight.

Oh and btw? #cutlacey

I would cut Rawls and give Lacy all those carries. At least he can block/catch/not fumble. Three things Rawls cant do. Please don't highjack the cut rawls thread with lacy talk.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Please. Lacey is as ineffective as Rawls. Mass doesn't necessarily equal inertia or kinetic energy. He lacks instinct and vision and the opponents know it. Something, by the way, Beast Mode had in SPADES.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Right now I see no way that Lacy is a Seahawk next season. With Rawls being a RFA next season, I'd rather keep him around for depth and see what happens in the off season. I think his injury has changed his vision (not literally, but football vision). I think it's worth it at the lower cap value to keep him around and see what happens. Besides, if he should catch fire this season and we do tender him as a RFA, some team my take a shot at him and get us some compensation (not that I expect that just that it's a possible scenario).

I really am hoping that Carson can be our guy next year (health willing) and he doesn't let this injury change his running style. He was uniquely special early on this year and if he can pick up where he left off next year and stay healthy, I can see him being our answer at RB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":3kuqfd8e said:

Oh and btw? #cutlacey

We'd certainly save more money by cutting Lacey.

IMO the way to maybe fix this revolving door of dysfunctional frustrating RBBC thing we got going on here is for Pete to say to Lacey or Rawls "This is your week, ALL your week. You get all the primary snaps to show me you're the man."

Stop the series by series, or even play by play revolving door. It's causing BOTH RB's to play like spaz's, all tight and eager to make the most out of their limited carries.

It ain't workin'. Pick a damn back, and let him have all the carriers for that game.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Lacey is only on the roster for the simple fact that Prosise can't stay healthy. He looked mentally defeated after several of those runs yesterday.

Seymour

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":293pa0xp said:
I would cut Rawls and give Lacy all those carries. At least he can block/catch/not fumble. Three things Rawls cant do. Please don't highjack the cut rawls thread with lacy talk.

Lacy has caught 2 passes all season and averages 2.6 YPC. He is not the answer to replace Rawls carries. Both suck ATM.

I don't have "your answer". I just know Lacy is not it currently. Cutting Rawls is not a current solution to anything IMO.

Seafan

Reaction score
The RBs on the team aren't the major problem. Teams are jail breaking against the run because Bev/RW aren't showing any threat. Yesterday the Houston defensive line would just flood the gaps inside at the snap when they knew the run was coming and they knew it was coming often. Bevell needs to get more creative in game planning this problem.

I'm sure that Pete isn't going to abandon the run so I expect this week to see some differences.

I

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Comparing him to C Mike is a mistake I think. Christian Michael didn't work because his ego wouldn't let him fit in. Selfish desire is usually a recipe for failure in team sports.

Rawls' impatience and mistake streak seems to come from a different place. I think he is trying so hard to be what the Seahawks want and need, he is sabotaging himself with extra pressure and effort that is working against him. There is hope for this type of player. Like that super fast race horse that thrashes in the gate, we need our own horse/RB whisperer to be that calming influence to help him channel his energy properly. Maybe I'm a softy but I root hard for team guys like this.

During his brief half season of quality play, I remember breaking down the film and specifically noting how much better he was at running to the play design than Marshawn ever was. So I have seen him run with the necessary vision, but right now this kid is trying so damn hard he's outrunning his eyes.

I'm crossing my fingers he can stay healthy for a bit, burn this adrenaline off, and get back to 1st year Rawls. That guy was fun to watch.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3ap3cbwm said:
Aros":3ap3cbwm said:

Oh and btw? #cutlacey

Say wha..? I think the stable of RBs we currently have is hugely pertinent to talk of cutting ANY of them. Not sure why you want to discuss Rawls in a vacuum? Who would be left is kind of a big deal.

Seymour

Reaction score
Dang.

Will the real Sgt Largent please stand up.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
Every RB we have right now is going to appear to suck. Lacy needs 5+ yards to get going and then hes a wrecking ball. But that aint happenin'. Send him down the road. Rawls is much better at creating than Lacy, but he's just overly excited to play. That causes errors. He needs to either be given the backfield so he can settle in, or move him along. Right now with our sorry ass run blocking, JD or "somethings hurt" Procise have the better style. They are 100 miles an hour for 3 yards 'till they are flattened. Blame it on the line. Just terrible run blocking.

naholmes

Reaction score
Rawls’ ypc is 2.0 and he’s only caught 3 balls so they are both equally bad. Maybe results would be better (or less disruptive) by sticking with one as the primary back. I’m not sure who is the better choice but probably go with the better pass blocker because that seems to be what the team needs now. It probably can’t be McKissic because I have not seen him pass block once.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1eimfzb5 said:
Last week.... fumble, impatient runs....this week dropped pass in the endzone, cutblock takes away a TD, and -1 yard. You think that guy getting 7ypc because he looks so wild when he runs. Then you realize it was a 1 yard gain. He is by far and away our worst RB. Doesn't block well, cant catch, fumbles. Yet everyone gives him a break over Lacy because of 1/2 a year of success 2 years ago with us. Time to move on. Rawls is bad yet nobody calls it out. He needs to be inactive.

How's that Eddie Lacy jersey treating you?

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rawls and Lacy suck but lets be real here. Specifically for Rawls, I think the ZBS sucks. You need an elite RB to work around it and we haven't been able to.

That said, we really, REALLLYYY miss Chris Carson imo. I think he could have developed into a great player. Not super fast, not super powerful, but very Shaun Alexander-esque

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2qj8m5np said:
Sgt Largent":2qj8m5np said:
Seymour":2qj8m5np said:
Dang.

Will the real Sgt Largent please stand up.

LOL, I've been here longer, he talks more :irishdrinkers: :stirthepot:

62a50f98029246befeaa12bcd7f24dad

7.jpg