Ifedi gives Brown #76

Seafan

Reaction score
Germain has been a big fan of Duane Brown for many years. Gave him his number.

Ifedi will now wear #65.

Seymour

Reaction score
Nice move Germain! :2thumbs:

You have 1 week exemption from my "keep poundin" list.

That will begin sometime in February though. :twisted:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Heh. Ifedi now has Chris Spencer's old number. That'll help his popularity.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Should have charged him 1k per number like Golden Tate did to TO.

toffee

Reaction score
Nice move by Ifedi, Brown sure should appreciated it.

On Ifedi, hoping at some point the game will slow down for him so he wouldn't have to jump. Felt like the game is still going at quicker pace than his mind is running at. Once the game slows down for him, he could be quick good.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Maybe with a new number, Ifedi can get fewer penalties? Makes almost as much sense as his constant "penalization."

pmedic920

Reaction score
ivotuk":lkc2w492 said:
Maybe with a new number, Ifedi can get fewer penalties? Makes almost as much sense as his constant "penalization."

Yea but....

What if they start flagging Brown because he’s now 76?

:{)

And good on Ifedi, smooth move for sure.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yeah, we have a history of false starts in Seattle from number 76. I hope Brown isn't planning on shaking up our traditions too much.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
pmedic920":1t5q9zag said:
ivotuk":1t5q9zag said:

Yea but....

What if they start flagging Brown because he’s now 76?

:{)

And good on Ifedi, smooth move for sure.

His nickname is Ex-Lax, but I believe that’s because he lets defenders pass through him with ease.

London12

Reaction score
I'd grown so used to "False start number 76". I'm not sure how I feel about this.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/925804753090572288[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/925806268098363394[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just an update....Brown said in his press conference that there was a little enticement given to Ifedi for that number. Still sounded very amicable.

Seymour

Reaction score
kidhawk":1xrgx39o said:
Just an update....Brown said in his press conference that there was a little enticement given to Ifedi for that number. Still sounded very amicable.

Hopefully that would include a little free schooling about flagless blocking. :2thumbs:

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
toffee":2i94bbeg said:
On Ifedi, hoping at some point the game will slow down for him so he wouldn't have to jump. Felt like the game is still going at quicker pace than his mind is running at. Once the game slows down for him, he could be quick good.

I don't believe this is the case. Ifedi was always this way. Even in college. I recall in discussions we had on him, I mentioned that he probably gets away with 10 false starts a game for every one that gets called.

He's always played on the edge in this respect. And to be fair, he's actually pretty good at getting a barely legal head start on plays. His pass rush blocking has been superb this year. And undoubtedly part of that is the fact that he flirts with head starts constantly.

Don't expect him to all of a sudden calm down and get better in this regard. This has been going on since his sophomore season at TAMU. It's something we'll have to live with because I don't see any semblance of an attempt to correct on his or the teams' part.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
kidhawk":1nyk37m9 said:

I was thinking how attached he was to the number (not that it matters still a nice thing to do). At Texas A&M he was #74 but in high school he was #76 so it would seem there is some sentiment to that number. Either way it was and easy gesture to do but it, at the very least, shows that Germain values team over individuality.

Seymour

Reaction score
I saw him listed at 305 lbs somewhere. That dude is considerably bigger than that!