Obligatory post game OL evaluation thread - Redskin

nwHawk

Reaction score
I thought overall they were worse today than they have been. Get Redskins credit for playing smart, but I'm not sold on Abushi.

Seymour

Reaction score
5-6 drive killing OL penalties is about par for the course. :pukeface:

randomation

Reaction score
New LT looked good at least Ifedi nearly gave up a sack against a single rusher and had multiple drive killing penalties.

Anthony!

Reaction score
nwHawk":2i72pckw said:
I thought overall they were worse today than they have been. Get Redskins credit for playing smart, but I'm not sold on Abushi.

I agree the announcers we even saying our QB was under pressure most of the game, and then add in penalties by our oline. Horrible that said a competent kicker and we win

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
They were pretty awful. Anyway this 5-3 team won't do much come the playoffs playing like this, there is too much dysfunction within the offense. To say otherwise is homerism.

The Seahawks do this every game and sometimes manage to win but it will eventually start catching up to them. Hopefully more often too so changes are made.

IrishNW

Reaction score
now that we have "all pro" left tackle maybe we can start figuring out that play calling and QB play is a bigger part of the struggles.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Right side of the line was a sieve all day long. Ifedi got beat on final play on a ONE MAN RUSH.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Anthony!":1p7f93jh said:
nwHawk":1p7f93jh said:

I agree the announcers we even saying our QB was under pressure most of the game, and then add in penalties by our oline. Horrible that said a competent kicker and we win

Way too convenient and self-serving

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Constant pressure, and so many penalties. Seemed like a clear step back.

Rat

Reaction score
Their success on pass rushes was way overstated by the announcers. Russ consistently had time to throw, but refused to do anything with the ball. This loss is on him as much as anyone.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Rat":r01ia3vs said:
Their success on pass rushes was way overstated by the announcers. Russ consistently had time to throw, but refused to do anything with the ball. This loss is on him as much as anyone.

All true.

Plenty of time before many of those pressures.

I don't think what appeared to be a complete lack of quicker-developing pass routes helped at all.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Rat":1xj8hk54 said:

I dont disagree he has culpability as he does and as I said in the game forum. However having time to throw and having someone to throw to are not the same as again the announcers pointed out on numerous times there wasn't place to go with the ball. Also define what you call success on pass rushes, if you mean sacks okay but I am talking pressure, as the announcer's pointed out he was under pressure a lot, this forces him to throw early or late, or not be able to step into it.

Again I an not saying he does not take blame, he does as does the whole team, but lets not act like his oline was great they were horrible and that does not even count the penalties. All that sai we had the game if our kicker can make a FG or our Defense can hold them.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
toffee":j9ryudcp said:
How did our new probowl LT do?

Analyzing the impact of offensive lineman can be challenging, but it was clear Brown’s presence had a positive impact on the Seahawks, particularly their run game. Eddie Lacy and Thomas Rawls combined for 15 carries and 59 yards against the Redskins, compared to 12 carries for -1 yards against Houston last week. The Seahawks had zero running plays that resulted in a loss of yards on Sunday, compared to six plays for 19 yards lost against the Texans. While a lot of that can be attributed to the opposing defenses, Brown’s presence was certainly a factor as well.

Overall the Seahawks are a better team with Brown in the trenches. The results may not have been there against the Redskins, but as Brown gets more adjusted to the offense his performance – and the performance of Seattle’s running backs – will improve.

http://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2017/1 ... -redskins/

davidonmi

Reaction score
Ifedi: D
Aboushi: F
Britt: C
Pocic: F (this guy is not strong enough to play LG in the NFL yet. he was on his back on the play that wilson was sacked to end it).
Brown: B

davidonmi

Reaction score
Rat":2g1se91u said:
yes and no.

pressure was consistently in his face. a slowly collapsing pocket isn't a clean one

Latest posts