Uncalled facemask on Lockett

jammerhawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/dickfain/status/934911501298626560[/tweet]

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Do people proof read their posts? Alright good, guess they eventually do. Absolute bogus non call!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3fyftc2i said:
Do people proof read their posts? Alright good, guess they eventual do. Absolute bogus non call!

*Eventually

:sarcasm_on:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IIRC the announcers called it out to. Has anyone argued this wasn’t a missed call?

cymatica

Reaction score
Popeyejones":14tdjyrc said:
IIRC the announcers called it out to. Has anyone argued this wasn’t a missed call?

It wasn't missed, it was ignored. The ref looked right at it and decided to ignore it.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Mea Culpa on the OP, however our excellent and always on the spot KitsapGuy rescued my opening post. Much appreciated!

That non-call was further biased mischief from the referees. I find it amazing the league hasn't owned up to this one which was pretty obvious.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Weird, the same ref threw the pick flag. So was he thinking that the face mask doesn't count since it happened after the pick? (bogus pick call btw)

I dont know but ive seen about 10 million "off setting" penalties in my day......

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ref threw the flag,it was reflex, but didn't want to call a penalty on SF, so made up a call against Seattle.

"Facem....I mean Offensive Pass Interference, Seattle."

AKNFidel

Reaction score
That’s 2 clear facemask noncalls that were pretty blatantly missed this year. Opening game against Green Bay were Lane was takenthe the ground by his facemask, but Lane was ejected and no penalty on GB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Seymour

Reaction score
What really pisses me off about that pic is the fact we lost 2 players to neck injuries this season and that friggen MORON of a ref is going to stand there and watch that and just blow it off???

Bullshit!!!!

:rumble: :rumble: :rumble:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1948ka1u said:

Nope, we just like to post the evidence weekly of the fix that sure appears to be in.

You know, since niner fans such as yourself don't seem to believe 8)

I mean, cmon. How do you miss that?? His head is turning like an owl for gods sake.......and yet he had the "vision" to flag the PI that didn't even occur?

At some point, niner fan, you will see the light too haha :D

DJrmb

Reaction score
It's even worse when you watch the whole "tackle". It's not like it was an inadvertent facemask where he lets go and grabs something else to finish the tackle. He violently yanks Lockett down twisting his neck...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/guga31bb/status/935332412795613184[/tweet]

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My original point it was an intentianally missed call and there was no explanation and 'Bagdad Mike Pererra' made zero comment on the play except wondering if there was actuall an OPI foul.

DJrmb

Reaction score
jammerhawk":dmersss3 said:
My original point it was an intentianally missed call and there was no explanation and 'Bagdad Mike Pererra' made zero comment on the play except wondering if there was actuall an OPI foul.
I actually don't think it is "intentional" in that they are seeing things and purposely not calling them for Seattle. However, I do believe that Pete and the Seahawks have drawn the ire of the refs because of consistently calling them out on their bad calls in the past and pushing the rules in certain areas of play. This in my opinion has led to the refs having a microscope on Seattle when they are reffing our games. When you are specifically looking for something you will usually find it, confirmation bias is to blame I believe.

Fans from other teams will call BS because they want to believe in a level playing field, but if you really start looking into it and looking at specific ref crews (and their tendency to call things consistently on certain teams) the evidence is there to point toward "something" going on. It's human nature to have a bias, and I don't necessarily blame the refs. That's why I am a proponent of more technology in sports whenever possible, because you will never be able to create a perfect level playing field with human refs, umps, etc. and their bias, feelings and emotions in any game.

OP
OP
J

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So what is the explanation of the referee on the play simply ignoring a very blatant facemask penalty? Is that confirmation bias, zero benefit of the doubt for Seattle, or simply awful refereeing?

DJrmb

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13mv6kv0 said:
So what is the explanation of the referee on the play simply ignoring a very blatant facemask penalty? Is that confirmation bias, zero benefit of the doubt for Seattle, or simply awful refereeing?
If you look at the video of the play I posted he was behind Lockett. He may have assumed that the defender grabbed him by his jersey/pads and swung him down. A combination of bad refereeing and confirmation bias (he saw what he wanted to see, or what he already assumed to be true).

Also I think "zero benefit of the doubt" is a part of confirmation bias... They kind of all are coming into play with these crews refereeing our games this year.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Strangely enough, since I have the Ticket, I saw an even worse example of an uncalled facemask earlier in the day. Of all the teams to NOT draw the flag, it was the Pats at home. I think it was their RB White who was absolutely ROPED down for a tackle for loss by Suh, straight up by the mask, and it went uncalled.

Sometimes the flag reflex just gives out I guess.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
I agree with Seymour,we loose two massive players for the season,or possibly forever,due to neck injuries and here is this 'official' ignoring a blatant facemask and coming up with OPI ?. Blatant facemask should clearly overrule vague or plain invented OPI on the play,if the refs,and there employers,the NFL,have any thought to the safety and health of the players who make and are the major part of this league.That 'official',i'll find his name,should,if he hasnt already,be thrown out of his position,should never step on a football field again.And it doesnt matter if they're stars or not,they should be protected by the officials and the league.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Despite our many weaknesses,where could we be with a level playing field this season ?.Or is it all just 'part of the game'?

Seymour

Reaction score
DJrmb":210d8bq5 said:
jammerhawk":210d8bq5 said:
If you look at the video of the play I posted he was behind Lockett. He may have assumed that the defender grabbed him by his jersey/pads and swung him down. A combination of bad refereeing and confirmation bias (he saw what he wanted to see, or what he already assumed to be true).

Also I think "zero benefit of the doubt" is a part of confirmation bias... They kind of all are coming into play with these crews refereeing our games this year.

May have assumed?

I think you need to look long and hard at that pic in post 1 again.

There is nothing left for assumption, he is staring right at what you see in that pic. Also, jersey / pads do not make your head swing around like that.