Eagles Center

Exittium

Reaction score
The two neutral zone infractions on cark, did anyone else Notice the center for the eagles would bob his head up and down before he snap but ALSO RIGHT before the snap would snap his head left or right after he bobbed? Isn’t that actually a false start? Because each time he did it, (visible on the replays) is when Clark and Bennett were all over wentz

sutz

Reaction score
Good question. The center can get away with a little bit of movement and head bobbing under the rubrik of "communications" but there are limits.

I would assume the players would be telling the refs about that .

OP
OP
Exittium

Exittium

Reaction score
I’m curious about it simply because we the “up down bob” a lot but It’s the immediate looking left and right right after he bobs and right at the snap. And both times it happened Bennett and Clark were In wentz face

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Having played center, you're allowed to move your head and generally the refs don't freak out about a twitch of your ball-hand. Meh, not worried about it. The right guard RAPING Bennett was far more concerning

sutz

Reaction score
JustTheTip":ts2m7ujw said:
He also routinely moved the ball forward by nearly a foot prior to snap.
IDK about "a foot" but they all adjust the ball position when they go into their crouch. I believe it is allowed in the rules.

It would be kind of hard to step up to the ball and bend down over it in perfect position every time. IIRC, that is not supposed to change the LOS, so defenders who line up before the center adjusts the ball position shouldn't be offsides, but that probably gets called, too.