Justin Coleman has been a revelation

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Coleman has been one of the best players on the defense this year. Great trade by Schneider. Hope Coleman is extended a tender offer because I would hate to see him hit free agency after this season.

Also, that PI call against him was total B.S. He was going for the ball, while being grabbed around the neck.

sutz

Reaction score
Definitely a good get. After last season, it's nice to see some late season competence back there after the injuries.

Could say the same about the return of Maxie, too.

Jville

Reaction score
Rookie Shaquill Griffin, trade acquisition Justin Coleman and an encore performer Byron Maxwell all had a solid game.

sutz

Reaction score
BOT... ;)

Could we be looking at a preliminary view of LoB 2.0? I think Shaq definitely could be a part of that. Coleman, too. Max as a vet presence, along with ETIII of course. And let's not forget Shead, who showed some promise before he went out with injury.

Jville

Reaction score
sutz":10z053cc said:
Could we be looking at a preliminary view of LoB 2.0? I think Shaq definitely could be a part of that. Coleman, too. Max as a vet presence, along with ETIII of course. And let's not forget Shead, who showed some promise before he went out with injury.

Players continue to be added via multiple avenues. And the support for newcomers from existing players and coaches persists as a solid cultural asset.

The future looks bright for the defensive backfield.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
My dream secondary for 2018:

Nickel Justin Coleman
LCB Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell
FS Earl Thomas
SS Kam Chancellor
RCB Shaq Griffin, DeShawn Shead
Dime Bradley McDougald

:179417:

sutz

Reaction score
hawknation2017":k240k3mu said:
My dream secondary for 2018:

Nickel Justin Coleman
LCB Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell
FS Earl Thomas
SS Kam Chancellor
RCB Shaq Griffin, DeShawn Shead
Dime Bradley McDougald

:179417:
I think I could live with that. McDougald also figures as a backup for ETIII. ;)

I think we have a couple of other young prospects kicking around, too.

Jville

Reaction score
hawknation2017":36a9184a said:
Jville":36a9184a said:
It's a shame when a thread's original poster insists on hijacking and degrading the very thread they started. :229031_shrug:

It's a shame that Jville continues to hypocritically "hijack" the original poster's thread with criticism that belongs in the Shack. :lol:

Is it possible to return the topic of this thread to the original subject? Let's see Justin Coleman .......... Players continue to be added via multiple avenues. And the support for newcomers from existing players and coaches persists as a solid cultural asset.

The future looks bright for the defensive backfield.[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/945324803426222085[/tweet]

Terrific copy for Coleman's resume and contract negotiations.

OP
OP
hawknation2017

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Coleman is a Restricted Free Agent, I think, so they should be able to tender him and hopefully match whatever offer he receives in free agency.

Steve2222

Reaction score
John was able to turn a weakness (CB depth) into a huge positive this year. If we had any semblance of a pass rush like we did yesterday the whole season, Seahawks D would have been so nasty.

RussB

Reaction score
I knew he would take Lanes job when lane got ejected against the packers.

sutz

Reaction score
RussB":3igg0cn1 said:
I knew he would take Lanes job when lane got ejected against the packers.
Lane has made some positive plays, but yeah, seems to lack maturity sometimes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Coleman has been one of the sweet surprises this season. He's a keeper!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's been all right. Given up a lot of plays and a few penalties along the way, too, and I notice him getting too easily blocked out of run plays.

A pair of pick-sixes are nice, though.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Steve2222":3b4mtvfo said:
John was able to turn a weakness (CB depth) into a huge positive this year. If we had any semblance of a pass rush like we did yesterday the whole season, Seahawks D would have been so nasty.
Yep...Sure would have been fantastic had yesterdays Defense shown up last week, and helped their struggling Brothers on Offense.
Coleman is a keeper, + it sure was nice seeing Byron Maxwell return somewhat to form and batting out yet another ball for a turnover.

Latest posts