Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Thank you Pete and John

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Thank you Pete and John
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:01 pm
  • As one of the many ppl on here who called for pete's head. After today I eat my crow with a happy black feather grin. And I know I'm not the only one. But Pete and John have my full support again. Here is to more Superb OWLS in our future.

:irishdrinkers: :P :0190l: :179422: :179417:
    God Bless America and God Bless the SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - TEZ
    #CAPSFORJIMMY
    This staff does not care what Dan Quinn or anyone else knows.
    hawkcrazzed
    NET Veteran

Re: Thank you Pete and John
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm
  • Balls of steel from Pete and John. Didn't think Pete had it in him, but so glad as a fan this has taken place.

Greatest day as a Seahawks fan since Super Bowl 48.

I can actually get excited for the draft and next year. :179417:

Thank God.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm
  • I know some disagree, but I think this was the owners call!
    Regardless, I’m happy it happened.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:06 pm
  • "balls of steel" defined as doing it years later - sure

But I will take it. I think it should have happened 2 years ago and definitely after last season. The offensive rankings are inflated by having the ball more from the defense. our three and out and number of drives without a score is abysmal and has been abysmal.
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm
  • My money says that Pete was told that these changes needed to happen.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:14 pm
  • I'm shocked, I never thought this would happen. However I do think Paul Allen gave Pete a call and was like, "Isn't it interesting how all these coaches are getting fired? Anyway gotta run."
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:14 pm
  • mikeak wrote:"balls of steel" defined as doing it years later - sure

But I will take it. I think it should have happened 2 years ago and definitely after last season. The offensive rankings are inflated by having the ball more from the defense. our three and out and number of drives without a score is abysmal and has been abysmal.

Very well could be, and if so I will discredit Pete and credit JS or Paul Allen.

Track record probably proves you right.
    "Sometimes, guys can't hang with what's expected for one reason or another, their growth, their development and all that, and the best thing I can tell you is that they're not here."
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:15 pm
  • I was calling for Pete's head not because of him, but rather his loyalty to his coordinators. Now I'm actually excited.
    Make Seahawks Great Again.
    ludakrishna
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:15 pm
  • I should also note I'm kinda curious who started the domino effect on this, I'm sure we'll find out in the coming days/weeks, very intriguing offseason stuff.
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:20 pm
  • Yep I also called for PC to be fired, on the basis of keeping Cable and the penalties. I am thrilled he did the right thing here that I did not believe he was capable of, and thus I am happy to eat crow and give him another chance. Fix the penalties though Pete, for real.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 pm
  • 710 ESPN Seattle reporting it was Pete's move alone.

Glad I gave him that phone call last week, we've always been close.
    - Big Balls Pete
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm
  • Thx NFS, finally someone got him to get it done :2thumbs:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:27 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I know some disagree, but I think this was the owners call!

Many don't agree and say PA doesn't meddle in operations but I really do not think he would have had to do too much for things to change. For instance:

PA: I would like us to go in a new direction with the coaching staff.
    PC: How much of an over hall?
    PA: Clean house.

Just saying I don't think it would have been very complicated.

I admit I didn't think things were going to happen partially because this is at the very least 2 years late and I didn't want to get my hopes up. Also thought this season would be blamed on injuries, however Pete's disappointment at his presser did give me hope.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:28 pm
  • I don't care even a little bit how it got done, who's idea it was etc. It got done, and was incredibly necessary.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:31 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:710 ESPN Seattle reporting it was Pete's move alone.

Glad I gave him that phone call last week, we've always been close.

This doesn't surprise me. Allen has always been the type of owner who hires guys to run the team and doesn't micromanage. He's the type that would be more apt to fire Carroll and let the next guy make the decisions on the subordinates than to force Pete to make decisions that he's not on board with.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:32 pm
  • I'm so happy right now! :D :D :biggthumpup:
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm
  • I had to get on just to see how many people have just had there mind blown... Walsh losing those games was a blessing in disguise. If we made the playoffs this probably doesn’t happen.
    Hawksfan78
    NET Rookie

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:41 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:I'm shocked, I never thought this would happen. However I do think Paul Allen gave Pete a call and was like, "Isn't it interesting how all these coaches are getting fired? Anyway gotta run."

What makes PA great is he doesnt insert himself into the operations of the team. I really really doubt your hypothisis.
    Down Under Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 pm
  • Always compete!
    Hawkfish
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:51 pm
  • Down Under Hawk wrote:
    Seahawk_Dan wrote:I'm shocked, I never thought this would happen. However I do think Paul Allen gave Pete a call and was like, "Isn't it interesting how all these coaches are getting fired? Anyway gotta run."

What makes PA great is he doesnt insert himself into the operations of the team. I really really doubt your hypothisis.

It more or less a joke.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:51 pm
  • Curious who Pete talked to, betting his mentor Bud Grant before he dropped these decisions.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:55 pm
  • Neither DB or TC show on team website under coaches any more. LOL
    Down Under Hawk
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 pm
  • Seahawk_Dan wrote:I'm shocked, I never thought this would happen. However I do think Paul Allen gave Pete a call and was like, "Isn't it interesting how all these coaches are getting fired? Anyway gotta run."

LOL

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:59 pm
  • I theorized that this was why he was starting to lose the locker room and players.

Always compete seemed to only be on the field and the sidelines were getting a pass. I'm hoping the players buy back in and we get a few more good years out of this core while adding younger blood.

They've gone a fantastic job on the DL, the secondary looks decent, and there are some good OL pieces.

Plus we're going to have some cap space when Chancellor and Avril come off the books.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:03 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I know some disagree, but I think this was the owners call!

I also believe this was coming from the Boss man directly.
    Greenhell
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:07 pm
  • I don't think PA made Pete do it. I think Pete would have walked away if forced to do something he didn't want to do.
    tc06067
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:28 pm
  • I put my money on JS being the one putting his foot down with Paul backing him putting pressure on Pete. When GB came calling for JS, it was supposed to be his dream job, no way he turns down the dream job if he's not getting any ability to dictate direction on the team and they went ahead with the status quo again. I believe he laid it on the line, if I'm here and I stay, changes are being made, this is my team, I'll outlast Pete, I'm with ya but we're making my changes. Paul backs him and Pete has no choice but to get on board.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 pm
  • I for one am glad it's happening this year and not last. The NFL is a business. You simply do not run an efficient business with high turnover. It's the difference between leadership and whoever runs the Browns

You stick with your guy who's shown success before, especially if you're making the playoffs. And you stick with em until they've proven they can't get it done and we fall flat. That's why I'm kind of glad we missed the playoffs. But you don't go firing people left and right, that's not what STABLE franchises do
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Watching what happened in Green Bay last week showed me that, even stable successful organizations that stay true to their philosophies know when to make changes. Yes, losing Aaron Rodgers for the majority of the season was a big reason why the Packers missed the playoffs for the first time in 9 years, but they had a lot of other issues, so, they did what needed to be done; they shook up the coaching staff, and reassigned key front office figures.

Just when it looked like we were going to stay the course, we get what happened today. I give Pete credit, this was not a knee-jerk reaction to a disappointing season; it was a series of calculated moves that absolutely had to be done.

Letting these coaches go was the easiest part of this offseason. Now comes the hard part...who to cut, who to keep, who to sign, and who to draft. Now I’m not dreading it.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm
  • Scorpion05 wrote:I for one am glad it's happening this year and not last. The NFL is a business. You simply do not run an efficient business with high turnover. It's the difference between leadership and whoever runs the Browns

You stick with your guy who's shown success before, especially if you're making the playoffs. And you stick with em until they've proven they can't get it done and we fall flat. That's why I'm kind of glad we missed the playoffs. But you don't go firing people left and right, that's not what STABLE franchises do

I'm not, I feel like we got a burned year out of this. It takes time for a new oc and dc to get his team up to speed, that could've been this down year but we stayed the course to what end??? This was far from a knee jerk reaction this was a downward trajectory that went on too long and the injuries just sped up the timeline or we may be riding this out another offseason. If we crept in to the dance, anybody believe the status quo would have changed??? I'm all for calculated smart decision making and I like the steady hand at the wheel we've had but you've also got to know when it's time to move on. I just feel like we left it long but in the end this was gonna be a down year either way and changes are made, so I'm hopeful and optimistic going forward.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm

Thank you Pete and John
Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:12 am
  • Pete has final say on player personnel and full say on coaching staff. It’s in his contract. It’s the only way he would agree to return to the NFL after having no control in his two previous head coaching stints in NY and NE.

This was his call. It’s possible Paul made suggestions, and I would not be at all surprised if Pete and John discussed plans, but the decision was Pete’s.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 am
  • Hawksfan78 wrote:I had to get on just to see how many people have just had there mind blown... Walsh losing those games was a blessing in disguise. If we made the playoffs this probably doesn’t happen.

Interesting point
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 pm
  • I would like to think that this place was the reason. Any player or coach viewing these boards over the past few years already had it placed into their subconscious that these men should be dismissed!
    djb28
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information