What have I missed?!

original poster

Reaction score
Hi guys!

God, it feels weird typing this. Feels like I've been away from the site for years when in reality its only been a few weeks.

The baby is 7 weeks old today and I've been in a new job for 3 weeks, time isn't something I have much of at the moment. Hope you've all missed me :p

I can't tell you how 'out of tune' I feel with the team, I genuinely have not read a thing about them in that time which is so odd given how much time I'd invest in the Seahawks day in day out.

So what have I missed RE the team?

Hope you guys are all good and well, I've missed everyone!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Welcome back, of course we missed you.

Zero transactions, Earl is still singing the pay me or trade me refrain which is seemingly being conspicuously ignored by the team, same cast of characters here as ever. Not surprisingly the continuing refrain from the national media is the team is going to suck this upcoming season. We all know they said we had zero chance against Denver in XLVIII. Hmmmm?

Same stuff different day, maybe the end of the week will bring some news worth reading.

sutz

Reaction score
Nothing much. The team was bought by some Wyoming cattle baron and they're moving to Billings MT before the '19 season.

:sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Thanks Jammer, hope you're well buddy!

sutz":3igxx55l said:
Nothing much. The team was bought by some Wyoming cattle baron and they're moving to Billings MT before the '19 season.

Same old, same old... :)

jammerhawk

Reaction score
sutz":20gdu4ji said:

That made me laugh out loud!

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
sutz":ww5l0vct said:

Ahh finally new talent. A friend of mine works there once in a while maintaining a fantastic Elderly Persons living quarters. He has a couple buildings there and maybe I can get a game there. If some games coordinate with the time he spends up there. I am sure that some of the people in the home could redefine our strategy on Offense and Defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
05c14c845fae494a098946770d957a8836aea4250c3d1d3f45814fd443e16b7d.jpg

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
7 weeks? So in other words you have forgotten what the concept of sleep means. ;)

Nice to have ya back!

The Breh

Reaction score
I've seen legit better Hawks threads get locked for less.
Congrats on your kid but are these FB type threads following forum guidelines?
If you've missed anything there's pages of different threads covering all you need.

acer1240

Reaction score
The Breh":1xrf7060 said:
If you've missed anything there's pages of different threads covering all you need.

This thread is precisely in the spirit of this forum. We've all grown to be a family here over the years and actually enjoy sharing in the happiness of others. I've taken a long break myself, but crawled out of the woodwork to congratulate OP because I was honestly happy to read about the baby as I'd missed the previous thread.

Posts and attitudes such as yours is why i took a sabbatical in the first place.

Lighten up. Enjoy life

OpHawk

Reaction score
If you don't like the thread, your salvation is as simple as hitting "back". Why waste yours and everyone's brief few seconds with a complaint?

The Breh

Reaction score
acer1240":1t7cfxaf said:
The Breh":1t7cfxaf said:

This thread is precisely in the spirit of this forum. We've all grown to be a family here over the years and actually enjoy sharing in the happiness of others. I've taken a long break myself, but crawled out of the woodwork to congratulate OP because I was honestly happy to read about the baby as I'd missed the previous thread.

Posts and attitudes such as yours is why i took a sabbatical in the first place.

Lighten up. Enjoy life
But, it has nothing to do with Hawks football.
I congratulated him on the kid.
I've also seen posts deleted and threads locked that were relevant to Hawks football but supported a narrative a mod didn't want to hear, or they caught feelings. Quoting some "forum rules" bullshit when its convenient.
So again, since you didn't feel like addressing it the first time. Are threads about our personal conquests and achievements falling in line with the guidelines, or is there a subforum for water cooler talk like this it probably should have been shipped off to ?
I guess it's unreasonable to expect consistency.

acer1240

Reaction score
It's not an either/or breh. I'm sure it's determined on a case by case basis. The moderators here do a fantastic job, btw. Any issues with any of them can be solved with a quick pm.

I was happy when I read the op. Is it really worth your time and effort to piss on Cheerios?

The Breh

Reaction score
acer1240":3nat4uyn said:
I was happy when I read the op. Is it really worth your time and effort to piss on Cheerios?
I've been holdin this piss for a minute now and found a suitable toilet :177692:
This isn't a personal attack on the OP, I made sure to express congratulations. But I've seen enough things around here completely irrelevant to football go unspoken of, and other topics trashed for whatever reason. This stuck out to me today.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
original poster":3ay4tlit said:
Hi guys!

God, it feels weird typing this. Feels like I've been away from the site for years when in reality its only been a few weeks.

I can't tell you how 'out of tune' I feel with the team, I genuinely have not read a thing about them in that time which is so odd given how much time I'd invest in the Seahawks day in day out.

So what have I missed RE the team?

Hope you guys are all good and well, I've missed everyone!

He asked what he missed team wise. That's not Seahawks related? It is to me.

He stated why he was gone and that he missed us. For most of us here, it's a family atmosphere. Nothing wrong with that either.

You on the other hand questioned both the Mods and Forum Policy on the forum. That is against the rules. If you have questions regarding any rules, mods, guidelines, etc, you can always contact a mod via PM, or email us at [email protected] That goes to all mods as well as the owners of the site.

Have a nice night.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome back guys!

Roll on training camp and preseason, this offseason seems to have dragged in a big way...

I maintain my thought that this team still has the potential to go far, at least we’re not too far away from finding out.

Latest posts