Thank God The Preseason Is Over.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bring on the real season when it actually counts!

GO HAWKS!

:2thumbs:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hill has been a disappointment as well. Neither Beavers nor Battle seem capable OLine, and there is little doubt that Tyson is a wasted pick.

At present our 1’s are better than our reserves by a substantial amount which isn’t surprising, but somehow the deep reserves seem less competitive compared to other teams than they used to be. The D seemingly has taken a big step backwards for depth.

Last night was disappointing to watch. I turned the end of the game off as it was too frustrating to watch anymore.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No more Austin Davis or Alex McGough.....watching them play football was as exciting as watching grasshoppers mate.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2dhl6dvq said:
No more Austin Davis or Alex McGough.....watch them play was as exciting as watching grasshoppers mate.

*Breathing heavily* Go on....

In all seriousness, thank Bob the preseason is over. Can't wait to see what the young guys have to offer this year.

xray

Reaction score
Only "the glass is half full" coach Carroll likes what he saw in preseason. 3rd down play on both sides very suspect.
Red zone offense weak again. -2 turnover ratio is bad news. A dozen players dinged up. And now 2 missed PAT.
They look to be bringing up the rear in the NFC West as it looks right now. They don't look ready for 2 road games to open
the season. :(

The Breh

Reaction score
xray":24flg2tf said:
They don't look ready for 2 road games to open the season. :(
You're 100% right.
Those guys out there last night do not look ready to open the season on the road for us :irishdrinkers:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3hdw8g4a said:
Last night was disappointing to watch. I turned the end of the game off as it was too frustrating to watch anymore.

TURN IN YOUR FAN CARD YOU QUITTER!!

jk I did the same. Either #14 on Oakland is the next great receiver, or our backup safeties aren't NFL caliber. I'll go with the latter.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2j9q6ikp said:
No more Austin Davis or Alex McGough.....watching them play football was as exciting as watching grasshoppers mate.

I can't see any team grabbing McGough off waivers when we cut him to put him on the practice squad.

But yes, Davis was gone when we traded for Hundley. Which is a HUGE gamble on Pete's part. I get that Hundley has more upside and hopefully can be developed into a long term solution to backup.

But Davis knows the system, and can manage a game or two if Russell's hurt. Hundley proved last year that he cannot do that yet.

mrt144

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":3quiue3m said:
hawkfan68":3quiue3m said:
No more Austin Davis or Alex McGough.....watch them play was as exciting as watching grasshoppers mate.

*Breathing heavily* Go on....

In all seriousness, thank Bob the preseason is over. Can't wait to see what the young guys have to offer this year.

Ah man, beat me to the punch!

James in PA

Reaction score
flmmkrz":3leu1vpe said:
Seafan":3leu1vpe said:
No more Beavers, Hill or Tyson.

Tyson was just atrocious.
Time to fess up: There was a thread a while back about potential breakout players down the road for the Hawks. My pick was Tyson.

Oops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

truehawksfan

Reaction score
I think the subject says it all.

The sky was falling against the Colts. Then the ones looked very good against the Vikes, then we see the falling skies against the Raiders.

That's just preseason. You'll see players struggle -who won't make the 53 (Davis, McGoo, Tyson, etc.) on the field.