46 Front defense comes to Seattle

Jville

Reaction score
Excellent article on new defensive wrinkle for 2018. I'm really excited about keeping 3 defensive tackles on the field when ever possible. IIRC "jammerhawk", among others, was anticipating the coming of 3-4 looks earlier in the off season. 2018 is going to be a treat. :2thumbs: Enjoy

Seahawks on tape: 46 Front defense reflects the final 53’s strength >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/9/6/17824786/seahawks-on-tape-46-front-breakdowns-scheme-ken-norton-pete-carroll-defense[/urltargetblank]

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice! Play to our strengths. What a concept.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Comes from Buddy Ryan. 85 bears used it. 91 Eagles used it. 2013 Hawks used it from time to time. Also used a hybrid between it and the 4-3 under where Bane and Bryant were two gapping the 0 and 4 respectively.

Been missing for a while, but it's certainly not new to the Hawks.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Should be noted that the same quick trap run that's been working for the Hawks this preseason is the same play that Frank Gore used to gash our standard 4-3 under. That bear front was used to counter it because the DL to either side of the 0 is already in that gap and the opposite side can shoot if the gaurd pulls.

Solari was the OL coach for them at the time. It's ironic.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Mingo was a bigger pickup than givedn credit for. Looking to have a lot of sacks from our LBs this year and a stingy run D should help us become a top D by seasons end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Wenhawk":33n2vg56 said:
Mingo was a bigger pickup than givedn credit for. Looking to have a lot of sacks from our LBs this year and a stingy run D should help us become a top D by seasons end.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll take a 10 defense and 10 offense this year and marked improvement for the future and seasoning of our depth. Maybe a toe dipped in the playoffs, give these kids a bit of swag and hunger to get back for the whole thing.

We in just having a turnover in personel and our offense and defensive coordinators will make it exciting to watch the first half of the season regardless. It is all new but the same so to speak.