2024 Mock - Dan Quinn Edition

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Dan Quinn, coming in hot, baby.

Presumptuous on my part, but he feels like the bigtime favorite to replace Carroll currently, and he's got serious merit to back it up. His defenses are consistently excellent, and he'll bring that juice here. Teaming up with JS, they've got the opportunity to have a statement draft to set the identity of the team. Here's some spitballin' as to what that could look like.

TRADE: Seattle trades Rd1/16 and 2026 Rd5 to Kansas City for Rd1/26, Rd2/58, Rd5/166

A trade-down makes sense from 16. Kansas City is going to want to solve WR in a significant way with the trouble they've had getting Mahomes acceptable weapons, and we're likely missing out on most premier options at 16. Kansas City trades up here for one of the top 3 receivers or Brock Bowers. We win on the chart, which makes sense, as we've got leverage over a KC team that needs to get Mahomes some help. We move down, recoup that second, and grab...

Round 1, Pick 26: T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas

Let's get to it. T'Vondre is a force of nature. We're talking a 6'4", 360 frame that borders on immovable. He plays with immense strength and is not a plodder at all despite his frame. With this selection, you're taking a figurative anchor to plug into the middle of your defense and hold the fort down. This guy at the 0 is a centers worst nightmare. This pick is a statement. It oozes pure identity. If we're going to set a tone, then I want to set the tone by taking power and raw intimidation. Try to run on him. We dare you.

Round 2, Pick 58: TJ Tampa, CB, Iowa State

TJ Tampa is a 6'2" 200ish corner who is a little raw, but can do it all. Can press, can play man and zone. He's not shy whatsoever when it comes to tackling. He can lay the smack on receivers and make open field tackles. Blows up screens and plays the RPO well. He's going to help your run coverage. Runs 4.4-ish and doesn't get lost downfield. Had several excellent reps against speedster Marvin Mims in 2022. Another guy who fits into an identity and a draft class bent toward our re-establishment as a tortuous, physical defense that'll make you earn every yard.

Round 3, Pick 76: Brenden Rice, WR, USC

Lockett isn't getting younger and DK is entering his sixth year. This is a position that you've got to keep reloading, and at this juncture, how about you reload with the son of Seahawks Legend Jerry Rice™? Brenden is a speedy 6'3" with some real savvy to his game, emerging as a trusted option for Caleb Williams. He can win contested on the boundary and has shown adept redzone capability, which is an area we've struggled for a bit with DK not being a big contested catch guy.

TRADE: Seattle trades Rd3/78 and Rd4/119 to Washington for Rd3/95, Rd4/103, and Rd5/140

Round 3, Pick 95: Marist Liufau, LB, Notre Dame

It's no secret that linebacker is a big need for us. I DO have us re-signing Jordyn Brooks (Not Wags, though), as we're going to need a MIKE and I think that Quinn is the guy to boost his development further in that regard as our green dot. Marist Liufau is an intriguing prospect. He closes in a hurry, has a long frame, and can fulfill the drop-back role. He's not a perfect prospect and is a bit raw against the run, but you've got a guy that has traits to develop in that regard. He plays hard, tackles hard, and isn't a speed liability. Close to 240 lbs. We're really getting young on defense, and every one of these defenders can pack a wallop.

Round 4, Pick 103: James Williams, S, Miami

Speaking of packing a wallop, here's your new strong safety, babes.

James Williams is a long-armed, long-donged type of prospect. A 6'5", 215 lb. safety who will sit your ass DOWN. He's got speed, he's got versatility, and he sets the tone. Again, we're looking to set the tone here. We're looking for attitude. James and TJ Tampa in the same class, along with additional front 7 help, is a delicious proposition. This is quickly morphing into a very, very mean defense.

Round 5, Pick 140: LaDarius Henderson, OT/OG, Michigan

This guy is a hateful prick, and I love that shit! He lives to slam. Excellent length with some explosive athletic ability who loses too often on leverage. Probably projects better to guard but has tackle versatility. More reinforcements for an oft-injured line that needs to be better. 6'4", 315.

Round 5, Pick 153: Javon Solomon, Edge, Troy

Absurdly productive edge player with enticing speed and bend. 16 sacks for Troy this year after a reasonably productive career prior. A bit over-aged, turns 23 in 5 days. Banking on production and experience here may not be a bad idea for a spot that could use some depth. 6'2", 250.

Round 5, Pick 166: Dallin Holker, TE, Colorado State

Those of us who watched Colorado/Colorado State closely at the peak of Deion-mania remember Holker, who reeled in several contested catches as a dirty-work tight end. He's got the want-to in the blocking game and he puts himself on the highlight reel with the grabs he's capable of. This is a lunch-pail kind of player, and we need some of them. He's liable to really mess some defenders shitup in the redzone. Everything you want in a tight end outside of elite height/weight/speed. 6'4", 235.

Round 7, Pick 236: Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee

I can't lie, his tape is rough to watch and his production is largely manufactured in Tennessee's offense. But you all know it. He's got a stuuuuupid arm. Absolute cannon. Instantly the furthest long-throw of any quarterback in the league, day 1. He's got accuracy issues, is prone to sailing it, doesn't deal well with the pass rush, doesn't process well... lot of bad to his game. But if he's here, hell. Take a shot on molding him. He probably won't be available here, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving up a bit in the seventh for him. Just put a flier out, don't let him get to UDFA, and see if you can do anything with him.

Welp, there ya go. A completely presumptuous mock that illustrates some of the possibilities that a defense-heavy draft could hold for us under a Dan Quinn regime. Team is instantly bigger, scarier, faster, stronger, younger, and much meaner.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I love the Williams and Sweat picks. Milton I have ranked just a hair behind FSU's Jordan Davis. Solomon has dark horse potential and Henderson is a mauler, what's not to like. Solid draft imo. Well done.

Chawker

Reaction score
I like your selections mel, and with a defensive coach like Quinn its borderline clicha.

I not sure with a new coach comming in that JS will be "going for it " in that many trades. ( Me )

I do see us drafting a guard in the second round ( Zak Zinter ) and a new MLB. The only first round pick that would excite me is if Odunze fell to us at 16.

Cheers

Chevy

Reaction score
I hope Quinn isn't going to be our new head coach. But, if he is this is a good draft...although it does need a QB somewhere in the first three rounds.

WR Brendon Rice has been one of my favorite mid-round WRs. We are already loaded at WR and using a 3rd round pick on a WR would be a waste of a pick, unless we were to trade Lockett.

Again good mock!

WarHawks

Reaction score
I hope Quinn isn't going to be our new head coach. But, if he is this is a good draft...although it does need a QB somewhere in the first three rounds.

WR Brendon Rice has been one of my favorite mid-round WRs. We are already loaded at WR and using a 3rd round pick on a WR would be a waste of a pick, unless we were to trade Lockett.

Again good mock!
Spot on.

12forlife

Reaction score

Again good mock!
Not sure we "have" to draft a WR this year? I think we definitely will draft another WR between this year and next. Tyler is talking retirement soon. He doesn't want to play until he's crippled, he said it in an interviewi saw. He already has retirement lined up with owning a Real-estate company in Seattle. So yes to stay cheaper @ WR need to draft one. I personally like Xavier Legette, especially if we were to Trade DK.

Chevy

Reaction score
Not sure we "have" to draft a WR this year? I think we definitely will draft another WR between this year and next. Tyler is talking retirement soon. He doesn't want to play until he's crippled, he said it in an interviewi saw. He already has retirement lined up with owning a Real-estate company in Seattle. So yes to stay cheaper @ WR need to draft one. I personally like Xavier Legette, especially if we were to Trade DK.

I get that argument for drafting a WR, but we also need to get cheaper at ILB, Safties, TE, and QB.

12forlife

Reaction score
I get that argument for drafting a WR, but we also need to get cheaper at ILB, Safties, TE, and QB.
💯 agree! I'm just saying between the next 2 drafts it would be nice to see a burner, to replace Lockette, that we can use with some more motion plays, sweeps, while helping stretch the field for Dk & JSN can work under/middle of the field. Worthy from Texas would be ideal, but another guy I think will be a freak is Xavier Legette, Major YAC prospect, 4.4 speed. Heck new HC, I would ok with trading DK to KC for their 1st & 3rd, then draft Legette with their 1st we get from DK. We get a very similar player waaay cheaper, possibly doesn't want to fight everyone on Defense, for 5 years?

GemCity

Reaction score
I always look forward to these posts Mael. I love what you’ve put together.

I hope we don’t hire DQ as HC but if forced to place a bet, I’d say he’s coming.

GemCity

Reaction score
💯 agree! I'm just saying between the next 2 drafts it would be nice to see a burner, to replace Lockette, that we can use with some more motion plays, sweeps, while helping stretch the field for Dk & JSN can work under/middle of the field. Worthy from Texas would be ideal, but another guy I think will be a freak is Xavier Legette, Major YAC prospect, 4.4 speed. Heck new HC, I would ok with trading DK to KC for their 1st & 3rd, then draft Legette with their 1st we get from DK. We get a very similar player waaay cheaper, possibly doesn't want to fight everyone on Defense, for 5 years?
I’d hate to lose DK. In my opinion, he’s one of our best players…talking Top 3.

But, this is very enticing. DK would be a 1400+ yard receiver with Mahomes. I know some of you will rip that last comment up but, I really do believe it.

We need this extra picks!!

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
It's going to be beyond exhausting learning a new guys tendencies when it comes to personnel.

So, so, so much research lies ahead.