Shaquem Griffin

jdruaint

Reaction score
Pretty ruff first day for the rook. Outside of Wilson and ifedi's horrible games his bad performance was a close 3rd.

Hopefully KJ gets back soon so he does not have to start right away and can sit on the bench and learn this year.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jdruaint":2a253ure said:
Pretty ruff first day for the rook. Outside of Wilson and ifedi's horrible games his bad performance was a close 3rd.

Hopefully KJ gets back soon so he does not have to start right away and can sit on the bench and learn this year.
Wagner, Mingo and Griffin all had really bad games.

vtxretro02

Reaction score
Hes a rookie... he is an unbelievable talent... give him a chance... he will make you proud!

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Probably not fair he got thrown to the wolves but we have zero depth...its so bad that Mingo is actually a legit starter on this team.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
He just did not belong at all. Needs a lot more seasoning. ST only this year would be ideal.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Can't really blame him. He is really out of position and I am sure a little bit overwhelmed.

He will settle in. I don't think he is a Will; they need to figure out a role for him.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":1jrxofie said:
He just did not belong at all. Needs a lot more seasoning. ST only this year would be ideal.
He wasn't ALL bad, he was alright in coverage, though his tackling in the open field was suspect.

OP
OP
J

jdruaint

Reaction score
He was pretty bad.

Horrible angles, missed assignments, couldn't wrap up. 1st TD was all on him.

Rb's ran right through him a few times.

Not saying its all his fault as he is a rookie but if he was truly a "special talent" would have liked to seen a little from him.

At least a couple good flashes/splash plays.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Yeah he had a tough game today looked overwhelmed at times and way out of position. He is not ready yet but he will be better for this experience he is a great talent

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
jdruaint":1h4q4gfz said:
He was pretty bad.

Horrible angles, missed assignments, couldn't wrap up. 1st TD was all on him.

Rb's ran right through him a few times.

Not saying its all his fault as he is a rookie but if he was truly a "special talent" would have liked to seen a little from him.

At least a couple good flashes/splash plays.
He made a few really good plays in coverage, though he did allow that TD because he god bodied hard in coverage. Griffin was more of a pass rusher in college from what I understand. Didn't get to see him play much though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hard to be harsh on a rookie..
They will make mistakes early on,I have faith in this guy.

mistaowen

Reaction score
They really targeted him early on with success. Coaches noticed too, seemed like he was only out there in nickel package by the end. He needs a season of learning, lots of potential but they tricked him quite easily.

Jville

Reaction score
They made the needed adjustment when they brought in Austin Calitro for run down snaps and lightened Shaquem Griffin's load to that of passing downs.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Love the motor, but he over pursues alot. He will do better in a limited role when KJ returns. Only a rookie.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1jxvonmw said:
Hard to be harsh on a rookie..
They will make mistakes early on,I have faith in this guy.

It’s not charity. If he makes mistakes like he did, he should not play. They took him out of the game accordingly.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I'm more worried about our star vets that had bad games then Shaquem, who is playing his first. Russell, Germain, Bobby and the entire dline are more concerning to me.

It's gonna be a rough season boys, because lets be honest, Denver, outside of their pass rush, isn't very good and they pushed us around.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I don't want to be harsh....but the hype of Shaquem being the future successor to KJ seemed borderline delusional. KJ was pretty good right from the get go. He single handedly made it easy to part ways with Aaron Curry. Shaq is too small for the position. He will be best in situational defenses, not as a starter. Use his talents accordingly. It could ruin his confidence trying to making him a legit starting linebacker when he clearly is in over his head.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
vigilantgrrl":1yvzqxm6 said:
I don't want to be harsh....but the hype of Shaquem being the future successor to KJ seemed borderline delusional. KJ was pretty good right from the get go. He single handedly made it easy to part ways with Aaron Curry. Shaq is too small for the position. He will be best in situational defenses, not as a starter. Use his talents accordingly. It could ruin his confidence trying to making him a legit starting linebacker when he clearly is in over his head.

I see what you did there. :twisted: