Bevell \Cable vs today's performance

seabowl

Reaction score
Have to say that based on what we saw today, if you told me that Bevell and Cable were still with the team I would believe it. From the play calling to the lack of protection, it was the SOS that we've seen the last three years. The defense I'll give a pass to based on all of the new personnel but I expected to see even some improvement from the O but actually saw the same if not worse. Yes it's game one but it's disappointing to say the least.

nanomoz

Reaction score
There is still a lack of quick developing routes; or, the receivers are terrible.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
seabowl":gh5iw9t6 said:
Have to say that based on what we saw today, if you told me that Bevell and Cable were still with the team I would believe it. From the play calling to the lack of protection, it was the SOS that we've seen the last three years. The defense I'll give a pass to based on all of the new personnel but I expected to see even some improvement from the O but actually saw the same if not worse. Yes it's game one but it's disappointing to say the least.

Pete is still here...

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No way a Cabevell Offense puts up 24 points today. Game would have been 27-6.

Now could the playcalling improve from today? HELL YES!!!!

iigakusei

Reaction score
nanomoz":1ksgpr4r said:
There is still a lack of quick developing routes; or, the receivers are terrible.
There is a third option that is much, much worse.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Perspective is so lacking on .Net it’s kind of sad

1. We put up 24 points and still left points on the field
2. It’s one game. Even I wouldn’t have been stupid enough to hate Bevell/Cable in a week 1 game
3. I saw a LOT of safety passes for Wilson. He passed to his RBs a lot, which is refreshing
4. As a fan base who had a top defense for years and saw us turn great QBs into pedestrian ones all too often, I am absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of perspective. I get we’re passionate about the game, but the fair mindedness is seriously lacking around here.

New coaches, new system, wayyyy too many rookies starting. For Pete’s sake give it time

Own The West

Reaction score
2:1 pass to run looked like Bevell.

3 ints, 3 fumbles looked like my HS team in a downpour.

The defense gets a pass as long as they have to play a quarter more game han the offense.

Only thing I have to say good about the O today is Will Freaking Dissly!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1sxok97o said:

2. It’s one game. Even I wouldn’t have been stupid enough to hate Bevell/Cable in a week 1 game
3. I saw a LOT of safety passes for Wilson. He passed to his RBs a lot, which is refreshing
4. As a fan base who had a top defense for years and saw us turn great QBs into pedestrian ones all too often, I am absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of perspective. I get we’re passionate about the game, but the fair mindedness is seriously lacking around here.

New coaches, new system, wayyyy too many rookies starting. For Pete’s sake give it time

Yeah the O looked.really good especially as you say with all the rookies that played on offense today.

Your quote of "I am absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of perspective. I get we’re passionate about the game, but the fair mindedness is seriously lacking around here." is perfect advice.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
We were once told ... it is all about the money.
Defense made all the money, was ok for them to be on the field forever and win games for us.
Now, I believe it is 50/50? or even better for the O?
The O needs to learn to win us games. Period. They need to get comfortable doing so.
Didn't help that Doug was out. But we got some money makers on that O. Russel, Britt, Brown, Lockett These guys are getting paid.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1hzh21za said:
We were once told ... it is all about the money.
Defense made all the money, was ok for them to be on the field forever and win games for us.
Now, I believe it is 50/50? or even better for the O?
The O needs to learn to win us games. Period. They need to get comfortable doing so.
Didn't help that Doug was out. But we got some money makers on that O. Russel, Britt, Brown, Lockett These guys are getting paid.

Doug is a huge factor. Guy is an elite receiver even if many in the league haven't come to that realization yet. His absence had to rattle Wilson's already shaky confidence.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":hvwwmkvh said:
No way a Cabevell Offense puts up 24 points today. Game would have been 27-6.
Now could the playcalling improve from today? HELL YES!!!!

So totally THIS. 27-6. WE GRABBED THE LEAD IN THE 4TH QUARTER ON THE ROAD!!
Yes, it was short-lived.

Like Hernia says, 27-6 with CaBevell. We don't get the Lockett TD. We don't get the Marshall TD.
With CaBevell we're down 27-7 in the 4th and THEN we get the Lockett TD, in garbage time. So, being kinder than Hernia, I say CaBevell would have been more like 34-14.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
iigakusei":7m8f8eop said:
nanomoz":7m8f8eop said:
There is a third option that is much, much worse.
It's definitely the third option.
I haven't seen the All 22 yet, but from what I saw yesterday there were quick developing routes and the receivers appeared to be getting separation.

Seymour

Reaction score
Said it many times before, I'll say it again...Pete picks puppets for OC for a reason. The strings run through Pets's fingers!!

2415568 352 k508559

JimmyG

Reaction score
seabowl":25arlqlt said:
This is because it doesn't matter who the coach is. You're always going to see the same problems and the same complaints. People think changing coaches magically fixes problems, but it never does. Every fanbase complains about the same things we do. By the end of the year people will be complaining about Schotty and Solari, and the cycle of dreaming about a new coaching staff will continue.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
seabowl":1x5vsi1s said:
Scorpion05":1x5vsi1s said:

Yeah the O looked.really good especially as you say with all the rookies that played on offense today.

Your quote of "I am absolutely flabbergasted by the lack of perspective. I get we’re passionate about the game, but the fair mindedness is seriously lacking around here." is perfect advice.

I'd suggest you take it.

The O is running a new, complex system. The rookies are mainly on defense and couldn’t get stops. We also have a few new faces on offense to which chemistry has to build.

I do take my own advice, but in this case I don’t need to. I’m not calling for anyone’s job or frothing at the mouth over a week 1 game. Even though I didn’t like the Schotty hire, I’m also not diminishing our Quarterback and our new coordinator over a week 1 game. Where I’m from we call that being level headed and reasonable

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I don't know how the new OC/line coach situation will go.

But it was the first week of a new system, on the road against the Denver super D-line and secondary with an unfamiliar receiving corps and still derpy offensive line. They weren't great. They could have been a lot worse. I'm going to wait to see where this goes for awhile before I get any strong opinions about it.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Doug being hurt is a big deal. He is clearly our best reciever and you can tell when hes out. Lockett I'm not sold on, hes fast but hes also small.

Jville

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3vlwbcya said:

It's like a bad habit ..... an addiction that emerges the day after. Maybe some day we will see more declare their independence from gloom and doom and hatred. Maybe the addicts will throw away that blame crutch and walk like caring adults ...... choosing instead the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

Viewing Seahawk football is a real joy. It's fun to watch players and coaches develop. There is a joy in discovering this year's unfolding stories in another unfolding season.

Fun to watch ...... following Seahawk football is the pursuit of happiness for many for many of us.

Go Hawks!

Mindsink

Reaction score
For a team that's supposed to be refocusing on the running game, it sure didn't look like it. Seven carries for Carson? Seriously?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CHawk_Talk/status/1039193208377368576[/tweet]

........ we could learn a lot from their example.