Lock did pretty well. IMO.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
ya ya, it's internal propeganda:

But I thought that Lock did much better than anyone expected him to.

70 percent completion rate? 269 yards? Just because the other side ass-raped our D at times (ugh. the long ball) Doesn't change the fact that he put up fairly decent numbers.

I expected him to be a complete joke - but that wasn't the case.

Yes, he had a couple brain farts - but overall, with a little protection from the line - I thought he was pretty good.

Maybe it's the beer goggles talkin, I dunno - but I didn't hate his performance at all.

Of course, everything sucks, fire everyone, I get it. But still.

Oh yea, **** Purdy.

Jac

Reaction score
I think he could carve out a nice long career for himself as a backup QB. That's a great job, honestly. But we do need to find a starter in next year's draft.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
Again.... Lock and Geno are very similar in size, arm strength, accuracy, and mobility.

Pretty much......clones.

The difference is time in the Seahawks offense.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Lock played as well as Geno would have and had a similar type game. Made a few great plays/throws, is probably too turnover prone with his decision making too. But overall on short notice against a defense that is very, very good he played pretty damn well all things considered. He was under constant pressure all night too

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
The average points scored against 49ers this season is 16.
The average points the 49ers score per game is 30.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
This FANTASY, that Lock is better than Geno needs to stop. At best he could possibly play as well, but Geno is the starter for a reason.

Now I have ZERO faith that the team will draft a high round QB, but free agents could be coming to town. I suspect that's the route they go.

I just wish they'd draft all linemen on both sides of the ball, but mostly offense. Until they improve the trenches, they'll stay mediocre.

I suspect we'll take no less than two DBs though, that's just Pete's thing, he can't feel like he did well in a draft unless he gets DBs, whether we need them or not.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Now what if Lock threw 4tds plus 300 yards and pulled out a win??? Talk about qb controversy for next week. Lock didn't lose this game and he did alright considering his short prep window and who he was playing. The one int was bad though.

Last edited:

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Based on a one game sample size, my impression is that his ceiling is probably Niners era Jimmy Garoppolo.

He’s going to look tantalizingly close to a top ten starter, but he’s also going to throw in a boneheaded play, at least once per game, that ultimately costs the team several wins per season.

cymatica

Reaction score
This FANTASY, that Lock is better than Geno needs to stop. At best he could possibly play as well, but Geno is the starter for a reason.

Now I have ZERO faith that the team will draft a high round QB, but free agents could be coming to town. I suspect that's the route they go.

I just wish they'd draft all linemen on both sides of the ball, but mostly offense. Until they improve the trenches, they'll stay mediocre.

I suspect we'll take no less than two DBs though, that's just Pete's thing, he can't feel like he did well in a draft unless he gets DBs, whether we need them or not.
Geno is a backup being used as a starter. He is way too inconsistent. Lock looked like he had slightly better pocket awareness the way he moved around and handled the pressure. Lock is much cheaper and younger for essentially the same player. If they draft a QB, he should sit behind Lock for a year while they beef up the interior oline and release Geno unless he agrees to a pay cut.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Geno is a backup being used as a starter. He is way too inconsistent. Lock looked like he had slightly better pocket awareness the way he moved around and handled the pressure. Lock is much cheaper and younger for essentially the same player. If they draft a QB, he should sit behind Lock for a year while they beef up the interior oline and release Geno unless he agrees to a pay cut.

You guys are arguing over two mid backup QB's, neither of which are clearly not the long term solution at the position.

Lock didn't show any growth yesterday in the one areas everyone including himself knows he needed to improve while studying and learning behind Geno......stop throwing picks and putting the ball in harms way. Two picks, and probably could have had 2-3 more.

Again, he ain't the guy. Just as we're finding out Geno isn't the guy either. No one on here should be dying on either hill.

cymatica

Reaction score
You guys are arguing over two mid backup QB's, neither of which are clearly not the long term solution at the position.

Lock didn't show any growth yesterday in the one areas everyone including himself knows he needed to improve while studying and learning behind Geno......stop throwing picks and putting the ball in harms way. Two picks, and probably could have had 2-3 more.

Again, he ain't the guy. Just as we're finding out Geno isn't the guy either. No one on here should be dying on either hill.
I don't think any is arguing or suggesting Geno or Lock are the answer. They are clearly not, but Lock is younger and cheaper, and I doubt this team is much better or worse with him. So why not save the money and keep Lock while letting the new QB sit a year while improving the oline.

Definitely not dying on a hill over this, not sure how you took it that way

hoxrox

Reaction score
The Dallas version of Geno is better than back up status, and better than Lock. His deep ball accuracy is better than Lock's. Lock threw some ducks up there like on the pick into triple coverage.

But the problem is that version of Geno doesn't always show up consistently.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think any is arguing or suggesting Geno or Lock are the answer. They are clearly not, but Lock is younger and cheaper, and I doubt this team is much better or worse with him. So why not save the money and keep Lock while letting the new QB sit a year while improving the oline.

I said no one on here, not you specifically. I quoted you because you seem to be defending Lock as a better option at QB.

Cause of money? I can't hang with that reason either.

My point is both are mediocre QB's, and no organization should ever settle for the most important position on the entire team cause one QB is cheaper and younger. Unless you're trying to tank and have a mutiny in your locker room.

Optimus25

Reaction score

Exactly this. Give Lock the keys to the kingdom instead of 'it's Thursday, it's the Niners, on the road, you're up', and let's kick the tires.

We already know Geno is not the guy. Sell high and Give Lock an off season with the 1s and fix this nightmarish, horrific, disgusting defense.

I don't even care about reinventing the LoB, but how can we possibly have a defense that just gave up like 3 TDs with receivers virtually all alone deep downfield? This is like 2008 range Hawks secondary all over again.

when we stopped jennings on that late 3rd down i didn't even know how to process the information in my brain that on 3rd down, there was a blue uni within 3 yds of the scarlet uni.

Last edited:

morgulon1

Reaction score

Hey WTF is your deal ?

We need top picks to chase down RBs after they've blasted through the first 2 levels !!

Some people ..

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Amen to this

Latest posts