Chris Carson is good.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
3rd 100-yard game. Might have had four straight had they not rested him in the blowout vs. Oakland. Excellent vision and tackle breaking skills.

[youtube]0H4Z1Hci1_s[/youtube]

falcongoggles

Reaction score
Anyone with two eyeballs who watched the Seahawks would be able to tell you this since last year. A damn unfortunate injury.

Knuck Chox

Reaction score
falcongoggles":2488rsqo said:
Anyone with two eyeballs who watched the Seahawks would be able to tell you this since last year. A damn unfortunate injury.
Totally! When healthy, Carson has clearly beasted better than any Hawks RB since Beast Mode himself.

I love his running style: so patient until he finds a hole or crease, then accelerates through it — and woe to the first couple defenders who attempt to stop him. He is an avalanche in a football uniform, always moving forward, seldom losing yardage.

sdog1981

Reaction score
The one thing that worries me about him is this. Many times he was fighting for pointless yards with a defender wrapped around his legs. That is how he got hurt last season, he falls at these awkward angles when he gets gang tackled, it might be the reason he was always hurt at Oak State.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/status/1056735684084490240[/tweet]

cheese22

Reaction score
I loved how he put his head down and ran over the DB on his TD run. He didn't even think about trying to go around him. Poor guy.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In the beginning I thought he would never amount to much. Why? I guess because I was used to running backs for Seattle not amounting to much after the Holy BeastMode Era. I was right for the most part. Other than Alex Collins who we inexplicably let go, we have had ZERO luck in finding quality RBs.

Initially he looked "all right" but nothing that warranted all the slobbering the Seahawks said about him.

Now I get it.

This dude is a beast. He might be one of the best RB's in the NFL. He's quiet. He's unassuming. He's everything Lynch wasn't.

Except for one thing.

He is a baller. He fights for every inch like it's his last.

Chris Carson isn't good.

He's great.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
If Carroll gave him 20 + carries the first 2 games instead of screwing around with Penny, we're 6-1 IMO. Carson's incredible and I haven't seen anyone other than Lynch in the last 10 years fight for every single yard the way he does.

Shame on the many people on this board who referred to Carson as "JAG" coming into this year and doubted him--there were several. He flashed in his 4 games last year- 4.2 with a terrible OL and now we're seeing everything coming together this year.

naholmes

Reaction score
sdog1981":u1rj77tk said:
The one thing that worries me about him is this. Many times he was fighting for pointless yards with a defender wrapped around his legs. That is how he got hurt last season, he falls at these awkward angles when he gets gang tackled, it might be the reason he was always hurt at Oak State.
I noticed the same thing today he got bent backwards one time that looked similar to the injury last year.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
After Carson was drafted in the 7th round, Pete Carroll had this sly grin on his face when saying that he handpicked Carson to be drafted, like he had this secret and knew this guy would be really good. Whenever Carroll takes credit for a pick (he has delegated most of the draft process since 2013), you know it will be a player to pay special attention to.

Carroll was really pumped about getting him during the post-draft presser:
(On some shocking positive surprises about guys who were available) Schneider: “No, I think it was such a long wait for us. We had so many big gaps.”

Carroll: “I was hanging on Chris Carson. He’s a guy that I found looking through the stuff late in the draft, kind of like we’ve done over the years. I really love this guy because he is so physical and tough the way he ran. You haven’t heard a whole lot about him, he hasn’t run the ball a lot. But when he did, he, to me, made a great statement of his style and a style that we really covet.”

Schneider: “The second half of the season he really came on.”

(On whether Carson could be similar to Thomas Rawls) Carroll: “It’s really the same kind of formula. I kind of caught on to him late. I fell in love with how tough he is, and how aggressive he is. That’s something that kind of falls in that same category, and we didn’t want to miss him. There was a lot of activity around him, we thought, so we got him with that last shot, there.”

(On Carson’s lack of fumbles) Carroll: “That’s all part of it. He’s really aggressive. He hammers it. I think you guys are really going to like him when you see him.

Schneider: “His plate wasn’t totally full, he had 80-some carries, but when he came back at the end of the season, you could see the urgency, and that’s what Pete is talking about.”

Carroll: “There’s a little story there. He was one of the top junior college kids coming out when he wound up going to Oklahoma State, and he didn’t make the transition the first year. It took him some time and then he got banged up going into his last year. So, when he finally got his chance, he really tore it up.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... nfl-draft/

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
He's better than good he's elite. There's no reason to be reserved in regards to Carson anymore he's flat out dominating we have a pro bowl caliber running back in his second year it's awesome.

BigMeach

Reaction score
We can talk all day about who said what when, but who drafted him and kept him in their fantasy leagues?

This guy did.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet another outstanding late round draft pick by this front office. So much time spent on all their mistakes, and that's fine. But credit where it's due. Carson (7th round) Moore (7th round) and Coleman (acquired for a measly 7th rounder) have been outstanding choices by this front office.

Love how Carson plays, he has it all. Toughness, ability to make people miss, can catch the ball etc.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
cheese22":202qdrfc said:
I loved how he put his head down and ran over the DB on his TD run. He didn't even think about trying to go around him. Poor guy.
+10 My favorite play of the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Carson reminds me of a more physical Eric Dickerson.

That upright slippery bouncing off tacklers running style, but more physical. Scares the hell out of me because I don't want Carson to get hurt always looking to run someone over............but man is it fun to watch.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Boy is he ever fun to watch. He has the vision and slipperiness of Shaun Alexander with the physical brutality of Lynch. He's a treat.

Seymour

Reaction score
sdog1981":3n3i499j said:

Please.... do tell more about these "pointless yards".

Latest posts