Why do think the Seahawks are so hot right now?

Chawker

Reaction score
Has the volcano gods awoke to the roar of the 12s and tunded in, basking in there hot tub of melting cheese eating sausage by the fist full, washing it all down with a good ol northwest ale?.

It surly can't be that are team,players and coach aren't any good. So why is it?

P.S. Don't weary bout keepin it real.
Cheers

D

DomeHawk

Chawker":3l00phc6 said:
Has the volcano gods awoke to the roar of the 12s and tunded in, basking in there hot tub of melting cheese eating sausage by the fist full, washing it all down with a good ol northwest ale?.

It surly can't be that are team,players and coach aren't any good. So why is it?

Cheers

The reason seems obvious but might make for a good poll.

toffee

Reaction score
Chawker":cj6usfv2 said:

Cheers

I have been posting about it for couple of weeks now and I am giving credit where credit's due: Earl Thomas III, the one with super natural power (said so on his Instagram) , his middle finger poked a pilot hole that release the volcanic power .... Think about it, this team ain't the same after the finger, right?

It's Earl's pilot hole, follow with Paul ..... Like all volcanoes, the initial release were toxic, then came the fire and fury.

We are heading to super bowl this season on volcanic prowess.

All the glory goes to Earl.

xray

Reaction score
Coaching. Pete Carroll started letting his new coaches do their jobs after week 2. The players responded.IMO

Mad Dog

Reaction score
DJ Fluker returned to the lineup, got the run game going and the rest is history.

It all starts with the boys up front. That got solidified this season with a new coach and a couple key additions in Fluker and Sweezy.

And give Russell a little time in the pocket and just like Rodgers and Brady, he'll eat you alive. People have whined about his accuracy declining the last couple years and turns out all he needed was just a little more time to release cleanly. He's playing as good as he was in that late 2015 run.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They finally got the right mix of people on the OL. The team has bought in like 2012. Talent is obvious. This team was SO in need of a change on OC/DC. Cabevell is no more thank you Lord!

kidhawk

Reaction score
They finally committed to the run. I firmly believe, had we done so in week 1, we'd be staring down the barrel of a 6-1 record, but at least 5-2 right now.

justafan

Reaction score
Aros":8owx5mgh said:
They finally got the right mix of people on the OL. The team has bought in like 2012. Talent is obvious. This team was SO in need of a change on OC/DC. Cabevell is no more thank you Lord!

I agree with you on the team bought in.Everybody going one direction following the new coaches. This is a tough physical team. they still need more talent but the new leaders are emerging.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The new play caller has played a big role. There is a sense of offensive flow that we haven’t had in a decade. There is a true commitment, connection, and understanding of the run game. Carson is very good and is being given the opportunity to show his stuff. Wilson is the most efficient he has been maybe ever.

Offensive line has improved greatly in pass protection under Solari.

Carroll and Norton have done a brilliant job with the defense.

So there are a lot of factors. But the coaching effort truly deserves some applause.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Solari and Schottenheimer deserve the lion's share of the credit. Solari has taught the o-line power-blocking and pulliing techniques and Schotty is calling the plays, mixing in multiple different ways of blocking for Carson and Davis.

The defense doesn't know exactly what is coming at them.

hawks85

Reaction score
kidhawk":8dxtp53m said:
They finally committed to the run. I firmly believe, had we done so in week 1, we'd be staring down the barrel of a 6-1 record, but at least 5-2 right now.
Agreed but 7-0. The rams should have lost, and I'm predicting we win out 13-3 yup. Not one of the remaining teams can stop our running game. Can't believe I'm saying that. If you want to get technical the rams are the toughest away game, and they don't even scare me anymore. Our run game is just as good or better than the rams and chiefs pass game and our defense is better and we are like what 5th against then pass. IF we do lose one it will be either to the chiefs or rams we are not losing both of them. The Seahawks team is white hot right now. They are very consistent.

evergreen

Reaction score
We got our mojo working baby! We are white hot. Just like later in 2012. I think the finger is somehow related. All the malcontents are gone. We’re still paying one but still this defense is just a bit more resembling the pre LOB. Our eyes are not lying just like they didn’t lie when we had all those super stars and didn’t have our mojo any more. We do now.

strohmin

Reaction score
The run game and defensive turnovers. This defense is playing better than what he had the last 2 years.

kidhawk

Reaction score
hawks85":18bf5mbe said:
kidhawk":18bf5mbe said:
Agreed but 7-0. The rams should have lost, and I'm predicting we win out 13-3 yup. Not one of the remaining teams can stop our running game. Can't believe I'm saying that. If you want to get technical the rams are the toughest away game, and they don't even scare me anymore. Our run game is just as good or better than the rams and chiefs pass game and our defense is better and we are like what 5th against then pass. IF we do lose one it will be either to the chiefs or rams we are not losing both of them. The Seahawks team is white hot right now. They are very consistent.

We definitely could have won that rams game but we did commit to the run that game which was my premise so that one was a loss in my mind either way

had2bhawk

Reaction score
All the yardage in both pass and run are made possible by the improved OL. I want to hear a post game interview from 1 or 2 of the big boys on the line. Thats were the games have been won.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Because they didn't trade Russell Wilson or fire Pete Carroll.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Mad Dog":20l6dltw said:
DJ Fluker returned to the lineup, got the run game going and the rest is history..

This x 100.

Fluker was linchpin for jumpstarting the run game, allowing Sweezy to slide over into the LG position.......and finally giving the offense and team the identity it wanted to have.

Obviously this is simplifying a complex question. Pete and his coaches also deserve credit for developing and coaching up all these young players to become legit NFL starters and playmakers.

mrt144

Reaction score
Chawker":267ht5v3 said:

Cheers
A combo of:

Weaker opposition.
Offensive line playing well and that flowing downhill to everyone else.
Defense playing well and creating turnovers.
Not given an opportunity to bork it at the margins because the games are getting out of hand for the opposition.