"Chris Carson poised for second-half breakout"

Seymour

Reaction score
Looks like the mainstream folks are coming around now. :2thumbs:

A season after Russell Wilson accounted for 23 percent of the team's carries, 36 percent of its rushing yards and 75 percent of its rushing touchdowns, the sudden emergence of Carson has alleviated much of the burden on the quarterback. In 2018, Wilson accounts for no more than nine percent in those categories. Carson is the reason for the dramatic -- but necessary -- turnaround.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...9-chris-carson-poised-for-secondhalf-breakout

sdog1981

Reaction score
The more people see him the more people will start freaking out. If he is healthy the second half of the season with all of the national games they play he will be known. He makes for good TV with how powerful he looks when running

sutz

Reaction score
People who think Carson is "just emerging" weren't paying attention last season. Carson did the same thing for several games before he was injured.

Most Seahawk fans know what Carson is capable of.

quadsas

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":10kegny7 said:
Can't wait for him to get a 50-60 yard TD run.

They need to give him that I Power that Lynch loved

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He's already broken out. He just doesn't have a lot of highlight reel plays - touchdowns, especially, or big runs - to go with his body of work. He's one of the league's best kept secrets.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2jux4hkz said:
He's already broken out. He just doesn't have a lot of highlight reel plays - touchdowns, especially, or big runs - to go with his body of work. He's one of the league's best kept secrets.
The thing about Carson is he always gets the yardage consistently. Some backs in the NFL run for 2 yards per carry and then break out for a huge gain. Carson chips them away with 4 yards here, 5 yards there consistently. He doesn't really ever lose yardage. The guy just keeps churning forward.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":gw3tr1mv said:
MontanaHawk05":gw3tr1mv said:
The thing about Carson is he always gets the yardage consistently. Some backs in the NFL run for 2 yards per carry and then break out for a huge gain. Carson chips them away with 4 yards here, 5 yards there consistently. He doesn't really ever lose yardage. The guy just keeps churning forward.

That sounds a lot like Edgerrin James

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
sutz":3hyzpqih said:
People who think Carson is "just emerging" weren't paying attention last season. Carson did the same thing for several games before he was injured.

Most Seahawk fans know what Carson is capable of.

If you read the article, they actually state that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's just a really fun player to watch. He has the patience of a guy like Bell, or Chris Johnson in his prime. But he can also hit the hole and make people miss. He's not afraid to put his head down and knock a fool out either.

xray

Reaction score
50 yd TD runs are fun ; but I'll take 4 or 5 yds per touch all day long...gr8 for play action and hell for opposing D's. If Carson can stay healthy he is a new kind of beast for the Hawks to feed. IMO

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":5st0au3t said:
Can't wait for him to get a 50-60 yard TD run.

To me that is one of the impressive things about him. He has consistently piled up the yardage without a stat padding big run. His longest run from scrimmage is 24 yards. Currently he is #11 in rushing yards and #8 in rushing yards per game. Him being #11 in total rushing yards is even more impressive when you factor in that the Seahawks have already had their bye week and he missed the Arizona game. His yards have come in only 5 games and the first two games of the season showed no running game and his yards in those two games totaled 75. That’s under his season per game average. When a RBs stats are analyzed, they are often skewed by one or two long runs. Since he hasn’t had any breakaway runs, his 4.4 ypc is really a pretty accurate description of what he does on each run. Chris Carson consistently gets 4-5 yards each time he carries the ball.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Paul Moyer agrees with you. "They had 176 rushing yards, with a 4.2 yard average per carry. Yet their longest run with 12 yards."

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I loved watching him run over the defender on his way into the endzone. Reminded me of when Lynch was doing that to defences on a regular basis

chris98251

Reaction score
Big runs happen when the WR's are blocking down field, Lockett isn't big and or muscular, Baldwin has been out mostly and Moore is still learning, If we can get Moore blocking and Baldwin healthier with his knees I think those 12 and 10 yarders could turn into break aways.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I love what we're getting from Carson. Add like to see him add a long run or two, but even more, I want to see him getting more TD opportunities. Also, did Marshawn have his 'Beast Mode' rep when he was in Buffalo? I don't recall a whole lot from him there. He came into the league with some fanfare but very much underachieved there. My point is... he wasn't great until he was here, a few years into his career. CC still has so much room to grow and become even better.

sutz

Reaction score
chris98251":1caok8ez said:
Big runs happen when the WR's are blocking down field, Lockett isn't big and or muscular, Baldwin has been out mostly and Moore is still learning, If we can get Moore blocking and Baldwin healthier with his knees I think those 12 and 10 yarders could turn into break aways.
Good point, but don't discount Dickson either. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":22gxv33p said:
chris98251":22gxv33p said:
Good point, but don't discount Dickson either. ;)

A healthy Dickson has already paid dividends.....and it's really the reason we got him in the first place, run blocking.

Expect to see a LOT of two TE sets with both Dickson and Vannett trying to pound the rock and wear down a small Charger front 7 without Bosa.

I also love the formations with Fant out wide mauling DB's. Great scheme.